Good news for cruise lines

A few more things about Shanghai Disneyland.

• Masks must be worn by guests during the entire visit, except for dining.  
• Masks will also be worn by all cast except for face characters, but they will be far from guests. 
• No fireworks or parades at first. 

and of course the before mentioned crowd-oriented features such as theater shows shut down.

I love Disney but just doesn't sound like much fun and a vacation is supposed to be fun.

46 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Of course not, but if you compare the US to the rest of the world it's pretty telling. 

Trudeau has been widely criticized as well.  Why so much US bashing from you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Have you looked at the worldwide numbers? Do you really feel that the US results are "far better than those in China"? Have you thought about what happens if and when there's a new wave come winter time?? 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

The world already knows China has reported false numbers....some reports indicate their numbers are 50-200% understated...just like they've misled the world on every other aspect of their sourced pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Of course not, but if you compare the US to the rest of the world it's pretty telling. 

Very true.  Several European countries have really turned the corner on this, unlike the U. S.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Trudeau has been widely criticized as well.  Why so much US bashing from you.

Don't even get me started on our drama teacher leader. I'm sorry that you feel that giving facts is bashing? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Don't even get me started on our drama teacher leader. I'm sorry that you feel that giving facts is bashing? 

I'm just saying let's take care of your own country and stop the bad talk about mine.  Stay safe.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Very true.  Several European countries have really turned the corner on this, unlike the U. S.

Direct corrolation with obesity rates? Much data to support this.

Edited by Mapleleafforever

3 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I'm just saying let's take care of your own country and stop the bad talk about mine.  Stay safe.

If you don't like what I say (facts and truth mixed with some personal opinions) you have the right to ignore me and I encourage you to do so. Stay safe.

42 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

The world already knows China has reported false numbers....some reports indicate their numbers are 50-200% understated...just like they've misled the world on every other aspect of their sourced pandemic.

False numbers are rampant in the US and Canada as well. 

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Are they false as in intentionally not being reported and purposely being covered up or are they just wrong as in not reported timely due to red tape and other issues and eventually get reported.   Big difference between those two scenarios. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are they false as in intentionally not being reported and purposely being covered up or are they just wrong as in not reported timely due to red tape and other issues and eventually get reported.   Big difference between those two scenarios. 

Indeed.

So far...virtually every bit of information from China on this topic has been false.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 2

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

And that's the million dollar question isn't it?  Or rather the 1.2 Trillion dollar question......

My money is on a little bit of both in North America. 

Gotta be weary of a lot of conspiracy theories.....

Just now, Mapleleafforever said:

And that's the million dollar question isn't it?  Or rather the 1.2 Trillion dollar question......

My money is on a little bit of both in North America. 

Gotta be weary of a lot of conspiracy theories.....

I don’t doubt that there may be some cases where numbers are being deliberately concealed in NA but that is still minuscule in relation to what has in all likelihood occurred in China.  

• Like 2

Just now, Mapleleafforever said:

I ask you to please open your mind. Most things we are hearing in North America are false as well. 

Mind AND eyes are open here. Ears too. China has intentionally lied about, covered up, and propagandized the whole COVID pandemic event from start to today.

This will come back to bite them severely on numerous fronts, not least of which is likely losing any cruise industry investment in the future...and ports likely losing non-Chinese cruise lines.  There's already plenty of discussion about the cruise industry rethinking any support for China going forward because of this travesty.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

There are multiple reports where deaths were reported as Covid even though that wasn't the case (i.e. people with cancer that happened to catch Covid just before they died).  Covid didn't kill them.  Cancer did.  But because they had Covid it's recorded as a Covid death.  So false numbers go both ways.

Edited by lovemylab
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t doubt that there may be some cases where numbers are being deliberately concealed in NA but that is still minuscule in relation to what has in all likelihood occurred in China.  

We have no idea what's actually going on, no matter what CNN, FoxNews, and MSNBC tell us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovemylab said:

There are multiple reports where deaths were reported as Covid even though that wasn't the case (i.e. people with cancer that happened to catch Covid just before they died).  Covid didn't kill them.  Cancer did.  But because they had Covid it's recorded as a Covid death.  So false numnbers go both ways.

EXACTLY. The real fallout from this will be political and economical, not medical. They have to justify the money spent now.....

2 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Mind AND eyes are open here. Ears too. China has intentionally lied about, covered up, and propagandized the whole COVID pandemic event from start to today.

This will come back to bite them severely on numerous fronts, not least of which is likely losing any cruise industry investment in the future...and ports likely losing non-Chinese cruise lines.  There's already plenty of discussion about the cruise industry rethinking any support for China going forward because of this travesty.

Must be a FoxNews watcher. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

EXACTLY. The real fallout from this will be political and economical, not medical. They have to justify the money spent now.....

The real fallout is still unknown...but very likely to be a major whiplash towards China economically - less/no major cruise line support, drastic reduction in China product imports,  higher taxes on Chinese products,  and drastic tourism pullback - and for many years to come.  

When one country undermines the well-being of the entire world, rest assured the world will respond significantly with long-term memory of what happened and why.

For years...major cruise lines have expanded their investments in support China's ports and passengers.  Look for that to be reversed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

The real fallout is still unknown...but very likely to be a major whiplash towards China economically - less/no major cruise line support, drastic reduction in China product imports,  higher taxes on Chinese products,  and drastic tourism pullback - and for many years to come.  

When one country undermines the well-being of the entire world, rest assured the world will respond significantly with long-term memory of what happened and why.

For years...major cruise lines have expanded their investments in support China's ports and passengers.  Look for that to be reversed.

Yup, definite FoxNews watcher. 

• Haha 1

If anything Canada's and the US's number are being grossly over reported  because any death that can be remotely connected to C-virus being called a C-virus death and China's number were anywhere from 14 to 40 times more than they reported.  Their duplicity knows no bounds.  To compare the duplicity of a totalitarian, dictatorial, murderous regime without a free press to whatever inaccuracies may exist in any western democracies number is just naive. 

• Like 3