Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

4 hours ago, Seavoyage said:

Still NO REFUND from APRIL 12, 2020.  However, 99.9% sure Orlando Ashford received his paycheck - because his money matters.  #disgustedwithHAL

You mean his severance check. Thankfully he is gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Great news today. 😄

Our refund for taxes, port fees and air was processed this morning.  We wouldn't know, except DH called our PCC about something else and he let him know.  90 days today...

Happy to hear that!    

• Like 1

On March 31, we cancelled two cruises booked for 2021, one had a cabana reservation already paid for. Received refunds for the cabana and the deposits (booked on a $1 deposit promo so a grand total of $4) dated June 4 and posted to the credit cards on June 7.

Cancelled my March 15 Maasdam Papeete to San Diego on March 9.  That was 96 days ago.  When I call HAL all I get is that we are working on it.  Friends who were on the same cruise received their refund over a month ago, friends on the Amsterdam GWV were kicked off in April in Perth received theirs, a friend on the Volendam Antarctica trip thst was suspended in April got his.  
So far, 96 DAYS, HAL.  Should I remain patient?

It is much less expensive to keep a customer than it is to obtain a new one.  

1 hour ago, Cusebarman said:

Cancelled my March 15 Maasdam Papeete to San Diego on March 9.  That was 96 days ago.  When I call HAL all I get is that we are working on it.  Friends who were on the same cruise received their refund over a month ago, friends on the Amsterdam GWV were kicked off in April in Perth received theirs, a friend on the Volendam Antarctica trip thst was suspended in April got his.  

My friend is in the same boat as you.  Still no refund and she cancelled on the 7th of March.  Several others on the roll call have not received theirs yet either while others have.  No rhyme or reason to any of it IMO.

I've received my FCC and refunds from the shore excursions, but still nothing regarding port taxes and fees ($235 pp, so not a lot but not nothing). Cruise was for 5/22 and canceled 4/14. Anyone else opt for FCC and received a refund on the tax?

1 hour ago, strickerj said:

I've received my FCC and refunds from the shore excursions, but still nothing regarding port taxes and fees ($235 pp, so not a lot but not nothing). Cruise was for 5/22 and canceled 4/14. Anyone else opt for FCC and received a refund on the tax?

Yes, we opted for FCC (got that fairly quickly) but it took a full 90 days to receive our refund for taxes, port fees and air (adding up to over $4,000).  We just got that yesterday.  April 2 cruise cancelled by HAL on March 14. You may be a month behind me 😞  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Yes, we opted for FCC (got that fairly quickly) but it took a full 90 days to receive our refund for taxes, port fees and air (adding up to over $4,000).  We just got that yesterday.  April 2 cruise cancelled by HAL on March 14. You may be a month behind me 😞  

Oh wow, that long, eh? Well at least they (probably) haven't forgotten. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, strickerj said:

We got our "government fees" back 6/6 for our 4/21 cruise.  The FCC came a while back.  

Interesting....the "government fees" were $250 pp so $500 total but the credit was for $480.  Guess that $20 was "gratuity"??  

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

We got our "government fees" back 6/6 for our 4/21 cruise.  The FCC came a while back.  

Interesting....the "government fees" were $250 pp so $500 total but the credit was for $480.  Guess that $20 was "gratuity"??  

Interesting - my taxes/fees were 245 pp, so I'm expecting 735 back (3 passengers). 2 passengers would be 490 so I'm not sure why you only got 480, unless you had a different itinerary with different fees?

6 hours ago, strickerj said:

Oh wow, that long, eh? Well at least they (probably) haven't forgotten. 😉

For all of you who are still waiting for refunds....hang in there.    We purchased separate cancellation insurance from

a different company, and advised HAL that we did NOT want any claim for reimbursement or FCC from them.   I was

informed that our file was marked with NO CLAIMS REQUESTED and none would be processed.    Surprise!   Our Visa

has been credited with a full refund from HAL.    So it seems refusing their reimbursement confuses staff, or else as

the saying goes.....the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.    Visa was credited on June 04....so there

is hope....coming "soon".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Day 76 and still nothing. This coming Friday it will be 2 months since we were supposed to sail. My patience is running out.

Hang in there...it took 84 days for my full refund!

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 12:34 PM, dfish said:

Full refund received this evening.  We cancelled our June 7th cruise on March 19th, so 81 days.  But, we are now whole.

That's good news Debbie!

Still nothing here, been the 90 days now, and I have just contacted my agent to ask again.

3 hours ago, Sallyandtex said:

That's good news Debbie!

Still nothing here, been the 90 days now, and I have just contacted my agent to ask again.

Sorry you have not received your refund  yet.  Stay on them!

Only received $160 from initial deposit.  I'm assuming they kept my insurance money.  We cancelled a few days before THEY cancelled (March 18 for an end of May Alaska cruise/tour).  We did receive our final payment dollars back though.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:08 AM, Cusebarman said:

We are exactly waiting like you for FCC and refund of port charges for same sailing and we canceled on March 9 .  I had to contact big box TA on Friday regarding another Hal cruise and while agent on line with Hal said we should have it within next two weeks.

We booked a back to back to back on the Westerdam in December for 1 February thru 14 March.  We were promised 100% FCC for the first one and 50% FCC for the next two, plus full refunds.  We got the first two refunds by the end of February.  Last week I noticed that I had the FCCs in my Mariner Account.  Just today the last cash refund was credited to my credit card account.  It was a little less than I was expecting, but I can live with it as they flew us home business class and later I got a refund from the airline, so all in all I am ahead and happy.