Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

Excellent!   :)  I can use all: the refund, the masks and especially the cruise!

There is still an Australian Cruise in March, 2021 we are hoping for but not holding our breathe!

That would be with RCCL. and then there is the leap of faith for April 2022 we are hoping to try NCL Encore again after 30 years!

Usually we have lots down the pipeline but this is so nerve racking!

Everything else is cancelled until the situation gets better for us!

Come on Vaccine!

😚We all want to Cruise!

Edited by SailingShelley

42 minutes ago, SailingShelley said:

There is still an Australian Cruise in March, 2021 we are hoping for but not holding our breathe!

That would be with RCCL. and then there is the leap of faith for April 2022 we are hoping to try NCL Encore again after 30 years!

Usually we have lots down the pipeline but this is so nerve racking!

Everything else is cancelled until the situation gets better for us!

Come on Vaccine!

😚We all want to Cruise!

I am hoping for later in 2021.  We have to book with the FCCs by December 2020 and sail by December 2021. Hoping HAl gives an extension on these dates!

Good luck with yours!

This morning, after about 60 days, we received a refund of $798 which is the exact amount of our deposit on a January, 2021 Mexico/Hawaii cruise.  Still waiting for the rest of the refund which is around $15,000.  

Are others getting their deposits separately from their cruise refunds?

35 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

This morning, after about 60 days, we received a refund of $798 which is the exact amount of our deposit on a January, 2021 Mexico/Hawaii cruise.  Still waiting for the rest of the refund which is around $15,000.  

Are others getting their deposits separately from their cruise refunds?

Can't answer your question, but glad to hear you are getting dribs and drabs!  

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Silver.  You've been so nice, and you've probably been waiting longer than anyone else.  🙂  

Thanks, Carolyn.  The pax for our cruise have been quite quiet lately, so most may have everything up-to-date and paid out.   A matter of time, but it is interesting to speculate about why it can take so long:  to end up waiting for +150 days maybe you have to be:  late bookers, 5 stars,  CND payers.  All three and we've hit the jackpot.   You never know :)

4 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Can't answer your question, but glad to hear you are getting dribs and drabs!  

Glad to hear you got your deposits for 2021 back! 

My refunds came at separate times.  My deposits were made with one card and and cruise fare was paid with another.  I am still waiting for $200 in deposits for our July 2020 Alaska cruise.  I have twice emailed accounting with questions, but haven't heard back.

I hope I will get the large refund for our cancelled South America cruise back by November.  It is irritating to see refunds for 2021 cruises while I still wait.

Karen

9 minutes ago, Loreto said:

I hope I will get the large refund for our cancelled South America cruise back by November.  It is irritating to see refunds for 2021 cruises while I still wait.

Karen

Agree!  It is truly amazing how HAL says they are doing refunds in the order of sail date! Obviously not.

Today my credit card was refunded the deposit for Feb 2021 Hawaii cancelled by HAL 3 days after I booked!  All monies owed for 3 cruises have now been completely refunded.  Even though I was assured the full payment I had made for April 2020 transatlantic would be an FCC, I was surprised last week that after 149 days it was refunded instead.   My PCC checked on the status and also recommended calling the main booking number for status as well which I did twice.  Refund appeared a couple of days after my last call.  Worth a try.  How they decide who gets paid what and when remains a mystery.  Good luck!

2 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Thanks, Carolyn.  The pax for our cruise have been quite quiet lately, so most may have everything up-to-date and paid out.   A matter of time, but it is interesting to speculate about why it can take so long:  to end up waiting for +150 days maybe you have to be:  late bookers, 5 stars,  CND payers.  All three and we've hit the jackpot.   You never know 🙂

I love your attitude! 

We have a kind of different situation.  The $15,000 we're waiting for was FCC from an earlier cancelled cruise that we moved to the January, 2021 cruise.  I remember we had to put down an extra $798 deposit.  So they've returned that deposit but that's all.  We sent an email to our PCC and are waiting for his response.  What a time for their phone lines to be down. 😄

15 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I love your attitude! 

We have a kind of different situation.  The $15,000 we're waiting for was FCC from an earlier cancelled cruise that we moved to the January, 2021 cruise.  I remember we had to put down an extra $798 deposit.  So they've returned that deposit but that's all.  We sent an email to our PCC and are waiting for his response.  What a time for their phone lines to be down. 😄

Thanks, again, Carolyn :)

Have you been in the position using a FCC and then the cruise is canceled?  I am wondering how HAL deal with that FCC.  Do the dates you have to book by and take the cruise change to later dates?

Enjoy your day: is it hot down there?  Up here it was 90F yesterday in the sun!

50 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Thanks, again, Carolyn 🙂

Have you been in the position using a FCC and then the cruise is canceled?  I am wondering how HAL deal with that FCC.  Do the dates you have to book by and take the cruise change to later dates?

Enjoy your day: is it hot down there?  Up here it was 90F yesterday in the sun!

This was the first time we've been in this situation.  When our April 2 Australia/South Pacific cruise was cancelled, we put the FCC towards the January, 2021 Hawaii/Mexico cruise.  When that was cancelled we requested a refund of all monies (and PCC approved it).  That was June 11.  I don't recall the exact dates we had to book by and cruise, but I believe it was at least a year out.  

Yes it was HOT here too, it hit 99F here on Sunday 😲. It's gradually cooling each day thank goodness.  We aren't used to that here 😉  Stay cool up there too!  

I canceled a November 11 night S. Caribbean cruise on August 6th (before HAL announced cancellations through Dec.15th) and received my deposit refunded back to my credit card on August 15th. Also received a refund on my Allianz travel insurance back to my credit card within 24 hours of my request.

On 8/15/2020 at 9:11 PM, SilvertoGold said:

I am hoping for later in 2021.  We have to book with the FCCs by December 2020 and sail by December 2021. Hoping HAl gives an extension on these dates!

Good luck with yours!

On July 29th I cancelled our 12 night TransAtlantic from Southampton to NYC on  RCCL Anthem for Chuck's Birthday. It was an old Booking when reserved during another cruise, one of the benefits to the on board bookings at that time was that you could move it as many times as you wanted with no penalty. I chose to receive a refund instead this time and got it back on two different cards August 8th and  August 11th!

On August 4th I cancelled a cruise on Celebrity Edge for Nov 13th sailing 9 days to the S Caribbean and received all of my deposits back on August 8th! This was to be a continuation of Chuck;s Birthday and was also an old on board booking that I decided to just cash in. Still holding out for the March Australian cruise but I have a feeling that even that one will be too soon for other countries opening their ports to Americans! 🙄

On 8/18/2020 at 12:59 PM, 57redbird said:

Is it possible to get a refund on FCCs?  If so, how do we go about it?   TIA

I have been told yes by my PCC.  She submitted the paperwork to do just that.  I was told 60 to 80 days to get refund.  This was from cruises that HAL cancelled.

I haven't received a single penny yet.  I was booked on an October 2020 that was cancelled in May that was paid in full.  I told my TA to take the FCCs, and pay off the balance for my  April Maasdam 2021 14 night Mexican Rivera cruise, for which I already paid $500+ for the Copper Canyon excursion.  I haven't gotten any of that cruise money, and despite getting an email about the tour, I haven't gotten a refund on that.  I think I will do a chargeback on that because that is ridiculous.  A huge  charge for a tour on a ship that was sold, and they can't refund my money?  

53 minutes ago, sambamama said:

I haven't received a single penny yet.  I was booked on an October 2020 that was cancelled in May that was paid in full.  I told my TA to take the FCCs, and pay off the balance for my  April Maasdam 2021 14 night Mexican Rivera cruise, for which I already paid $500+ for the Copper Canyon excursion.  I haven't gotten any of that cruise money, and despite getting an email about the tour, I haven't gotten a refund on that.  I think I will do a chargeback on that because that is ridiculous.  A huge  charge for a tour on a ship that was sold, and they can't refund my money?  

We got the excursion credit from our April, 2020 cruise back fairly quickly.

Edited by 57redbird
edit

On 8/18/2020 at 10:36 AM, SteelMagnolia9 said:

I canceled a November 11 night S. Caribbean cruise on August 6th (before HAL announced cancellations through Dec.15th) and received my deposit refunded back to my credit card on August 15th. Also received a refund on my Allianz travel insurance back to my credit card within 24 hours of my request.

Just a warning abut Allianz travel insurance.  We purchased it for some flights we booked with Alaska Airlines.  When we had to cancel Allianz refused to honour it because it was caused by a pandemic.  We went back to Alaska and they gave us credit certificates but I'm not sure we will ever get to use them.

6 minutes ago, darstamp said:

Just a warning abut Allianz travel insurance.  We purchased it for some flights we booked with Alaska Airlines.  When we had to cancel Allianz refused to honour it because it was caused by a pandemic.  We went back to Alaska and they gave us credit certificates but I'm not sure we will ever get to use them.

All travel insurance companies have look back period after purchase (usually 21 days but varies.) If your cruise was cancelled during that period, you will get your premium refunded from your insurance company.  Anything after that you will get a voucher, usually good for 2 years.  All companies are upfront about that.  Pandemic is carefully worded in the policy (usually bacterial or viral outbreak) and is not covered.  It is in the fine print of policies which many don't review.

I have insured with Allianz in the past, and they are very clear about what is or is not covered.  You can also pay a lot more and purchase "cancel for any reason" (CFAR)and you will be covered.  It is all the chance you take .  I have a $2700 Travel Guard Policy on our HAL cancelled South America/Antarctica November cruise, and I will only get a voucher.

It is a bitter pill to swallow, but that is the way it is😢!

Just got our deposit refunded, from the 9/26/20 Koningsdam Pacific Coastal -- that HAL canceled, back in June. Based on what we'd been hearing, here on the CC boards, we were prepared to wait for 90 days, but the refund came through in just over 60 days. Although we didn't have a PCC, we found the folks on "Hal-Chat' to be quite helpful (and easy to get in touch with). Definitely planning to give HAL another try (this would have been our first HAL cruise) -- once things return to some semblance of 'normalcy'!😎

4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Mine was cancelled in the last round about a week or so ago.  I booked another mid2021 cruise yesterday and even though the FCC was not "credited" they applied it as my deposit.  

Interesting.  In the past they said the FCC could not be used for the deposit.  It sounds like they're trying to make the offers more attractive.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Interesting.  In the past they said the FCC could not be used for the deposit.  It sounds like they're trying to make the offers more attractive.

Mine was originally a FCD which have looser rules but they also are crediting the double.  So my FCD was originally $600 and they are applying $1200 to my cruise deposit.