FCC Refund Short Total

6 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

Our family of 4 (in one cabin) received our FCCs today too...or a portion of then...

Today we got 4 FCCs for $101 USD each. 

this was our cruise invoice...I am expecting that our FCC matches the top line + 25%...we have a LONG way to go!! 

592395C6-ED5B-437F-9A12-9BF96E87BB44.jpeg

Why did you get 4 ? 

Passenger #4 didn't pay anything other that Tax / Fees and those are refunded to your credit card

I, too, just checked my credit card and I have NO refunds even tho Royal said they have processed a refund for my soda package and shore excursion.

But my main concern is how did they calculate the FCC?  Obviously, something is wrong.

We are in the same boat, as it were. We paid $2492.22 for the cruise (taxes and gratuities included in that amount).  The taxes were 153.22, and the gratuities were $203.00.  The gratuities were refunded to my Amex on May 7, along with another refund on the same day from RC for 94.36 (No idea where this amount came from).  So, taking away the tax/gratuities from the total, RC owes us $2136.00 x 1.25 = 2670.00.

Today we got an email with a FCC of $1336.00 or only 50% of what we are owed.

How did they screw this up so badly for so many people?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMiz said:

Why did you get 4 ? 

Passenger #4 didn't pay anything other that Tax / Fees and those are refunded to your credit card

I meant this for another poster and could not delete it.

Do you have an invoice from royal?  This seems to be a TA invoice.  Hopefully they match.

Edited by later

31 minutes ago, jcjrsmith said:

We are in the same boat, as it were. We paid $2492.22 for the cruise (taxes and gratuities included in that amount).  The taxes were 153.22, and the gratuities were $203.00.  The gratuities were refunded to my Amex on May 7, along with another refund on the same day from RC for 94.36 (No idea where this amount came from).  So, taking away the tax/gratuities from the total, RC owes us $2136.00 x 1.25 = 2670.00.

Today we got an email with a FCC of $1336.00 or only 50% of what we are owed.

How did they screw this up so badly for so many people?

My break down 

Total paid for our 15 night May 2nd TA to Amsterdam

$3,922.66  Flight / Tips/ Txes and Port fees , Travel Protection

- $603.22   Air2Sea refunded to Visa

- $435.00   Tips Refunded to Visa

- $158.44    Taxes and Port Fees  Refunded to Visa 

- $178.00    Travel Protection  Not refunded yet

----------------

$2548.00 Base rate for the 125% FCC

+     25%

------------------

$3185 due including the 125% FCC promo

What I got from Royal was only $1414 

Checked the TA site for my FCC. The cruise fare FCCs are listed separate from the FCCs for prepaid items.

I haven’t received the FCC email for the prepaid items but the site has the right numbers for those.

the cruise fare FCCs are totally screwed up.  I think maybe everyone’s are.

4 minutes ago, later said:

Checked the TA site for my FCC. The cruise fare FCCs are listed separate from the FCCs for prepaid items.

I haven’t received the FCC email for the prepaid items but the site has the right numbers for those.

the cruise fare FCCs are totally screwed up.  I think maybe everyone’s are.

My numbers were right too until the last week or so 

Your prepaid items will come as a OBC not a FCC 

I have $637.20 X 25% = $796.50 FOBC no sign on when or where this is yet.

10 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

My numbers were right too until the last week or so 

Your prepaid items will come as a OBC not a FCC 

I have $637.20 X 25% = $796.50 FOBC no sign on when or where this is yet.

Sorry I meant FOBC

interesting in the numbers changing. 

We received our FCC today too.  It is for a 3 night Mariner cruise and the amount was less than half of what we should have gotten.  Just crazy!

This is simple math.  Cruise cost total, minus taxes & fees, times 125%.  It’s not rocket science.

I called RCL and spoke to a very nice gentleman that agreed the FCC was incorrect.  He then transferred me to post-cruise resolutions.  I put my phone on speaker, and while on hold, I cooked and ate a lovely dinner, watched the local and national news, and finally, after 3 hours and 56 minutes, I became annoyed and hung up.

I then sent an email and asked for the correct FCC.  If I don’t get it by May 31 to use for the cruise I have on hold, I will cancel that and they can just send me a refund.  

• Like 2

My husband and I received our FCC today and it was no where near what it should be.  Our daughters received theirs earlier in the week and the amount was correct.

We called our TA today and she was told by RCCL that what we received was only partial and the rest will come by May 25.

Not satisfied with that answer, I attempted to call RCCL C&A and after 1.5 hours spoke to a rep who told me that he would transfer me to post cruise inquiries.  After an additional 3.5 hours on the phone I finally gave up.  We have also sent a message to RCCL.

I also want to support RCCL, but am seriously considering just cancelling the cruise that we have booked for December.

13 hours ago, zoena said:

I was sent mine today and I carefully went through all the numbers and I am short $1039.00 plus I did not receive 25% extra I was supposed to get. Also the dinners and extras I bought and was supposed to get 25% on top of them are not there either. I want to support RCCL and help keep them in business by supporting their future with my business. But I was not offered a refund and I think I would like one now. I cannot afford to loose that much money to them. I know I am in for a long day on the phone next week. But I won't just let it go.  

I was on hold last night for 2 hours and then disconnected so I decided to try early this morning.  I got through in about 30 minutes.  The phone representative said that a batch of FCCs went out yesterday with the wrong amounts.  She said that the FCC would be canceled and new ones issued with a week or two.

She also told me that my future OBC had been processed.  I have seen nothing to indicate that that is true.  She gave me a different phone number to take care of that.  When I called, the message said they were closed until Monday morning.

Lastly, I asked about my refund of the taxes.  I was told that they refunded my taxes paid to my TA.  Called my TA and they said Royal should not have done that and it would take them at least a week to figure it out.

An incredible experience that is still ongoing.  The ill will that this whole process has generated will take a very long time to get over.

Edited by Dewaldcruiser
  • Like 1

Reading this thread - wow.  RCCL and the other lines are in a horrible situation and I don't envy anyone who works there at any level.  But it sounds like instead of slowly getting a grip on things, they're losing ground.

We have 33 nights booked on RCCL in 2021, I'm thankful there is only a total of 1,200.00 in their hands for deposits.

32 minutes ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

Lastly, I asked about my refund of the taxes.  I was told that they refunded my taxes paid to my TA.  Called my TA and they said Royal should not have done that and it would take them at least a week to figure it out.

Odd my refunded taxes went to my Visa. My Travel Protection is MIA

Not to make light of the situation, but at least you got e-mails and other communications from RCL.  Still waiting for confirmation of when the FCC's for my kids cruises will be forthcoming.   Also, got an e-mail telling me that items in the in the cruise planner have been cancelled and still have not gotten the refunds to my CC.  

They keep moving the goal post.  Originally it was 7-10 business days for the cruise planner items to be credited to my CC.  Last that I spoke to, was told 30-45 business days.  With the FCC, I was told 30 business days for cruise date which was April 12th.

Maybe I've been lucky, but when I call them I get thru without any lengthy wait.

11 hours ago, TheMiz said:

My break down 

Total paid for our 15 night May 2nd TA to Amsterdam

$3,922.66  Flight / Tips/ Txes and Port fees , Travel Protection

- $603.22   Air2Sea refunded to Visa

- $435.00   Tips Refunded to Visa

- $158.44    Taxes and Port Fees  Refunded to Visa 

- $178.00    Travel Protection  Not refunded yet

----------------

$2548.00 Base rate for the 125% FCC

+     25%

------------------

$3185 due including the 125% FCC promo

What I got from Royal was only $1414 

Fyi. Travel protection is non refundable at least that is what I was told for 2 of my cancelled cruises.

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Fyi. Travel protection is non refundable at least that is what I was told for 2 of my cancelled cruises.

The way I remember the Royal Travel Protection was it was refundable 

other insurance bought outside of the cruise line is.

Other insurance can be transferred to an up coming cruise.

I have been told so much I lost track 

Where's Ken ? I am sure he would know .

Edited by TheMiz

46 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

The way I remember the Royal Travel Protection was it was refundable 

other insurance bought outside of the cruise line is.

Other insurance can be transferred to an up coming cruise.

I have been told so much I lost track 

Where's Ken ? I am sure he would know .

'Actually, where's Bob in these trying times.

2 hours ago, bouhunter said:

He might be content not to be here 🙂

But no doubt if he was, there would be a lot of good info for people.

It would be funny if Bob got a new cruise critic name and was here posting all the things he wished he could say during the time when he was a moderator!  🤣  His patience was amazing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting - our FCC appears to be correct.  Yesterday we each got an FCC email for B2B cruises (April 19/26 Harmony) and both of us show 999 in the amount for each cruise.  Base fare was 799 each after subtracting the balcony discount, so numbers on this appear correct.  Got 200 extra on 799 base fare each, on two cruises each.  Four different FCC numbers.  

Still have not received taxes/port fees/insurance but seem to recall cruise line was putting these in holding account to apply to new cruise. 

And haven't seen OBC since you can't book anything in the cruise planner until something is paid on the new cruises.  Will see what shows up when our TA gets the FCC applied to them.  She is pretty busy so it will likely take a few days - large online agency laid off 90% of their agents and the remaining 10% are handling the workload.

Edited by LeeW
more

6 hours ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

I was on hold last night for 2 hours and then disconnected so I decided to try early this morning.  I got through in about 30 minutes.  The phone representative said that a batch of FCCs went out yesterday with the wrong amounts.  She said that the FCC would be canceled and new ones issued with a week or two.

She also told me that my future OBC had been processed.  I have seen nothing to indicate that that is true.  She gave me a different phone number to take care of that.  When I called, the message said they were closed until Monday morning.

An incredible experience that is still ongoing.  The ill will that this whole process has generated will take a very long time to get over.

Like everyone else here, my FCC was received yesterday via direct email from RCCL, and it is about half of what it should be - even when I factor in taxes, port fees, gratuities, etc.  So, RC obviously knows there were errors. Are the correct FCC's going to be issued automatically, or do we need to submit a request for an amended FCC?  Anyone know?

6 hours ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

Sad, but at least know they are aware this is all a BIG Error on Royal's part