FCC Refund Short Total

20 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Why did you get 4 ? 

Passenger #4 didn't pay anything other that Tax / Fees and those are refunded to your credit card

Royal announced sometime ago that FCC would be split evenly between all passengers in the room regardless of how much they paid for each booking.  

This may or may not be useful for future bookings - but from what I have read  here they have said that they would evaluate on a case by case basis redistributing them more like how they were originally booked.

if we cruise while my daughter is still a kids - a kids sale free promo would not be helpful for us with the FCC as partitioned...

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Been fortunate in 30+ yrs never had issue with Royal, but feel for other's as last couple yrs seems to happen far to often 

I called today around 1230 got right thru spoke with a very nice helpful girl from jamaica.  Final payment was due today on the first leg of a b2b for baltic cruise.  She cancelled our air2sea reservation first then Cancelled cruise.   She told I would receive email with my fcc for my $500 deposit in about 2 or 3 weeks.  

She stated to make sure I saved the reservation number for cancelled in case I dont receive email with certificate numbers that when I'm ready to rebook new cruise I can give them cancelled reservation number to look up fcc that way.

I had cancelled all cruise planner items for about $600 on friday.  She said they are running about 30 days to refund excursions.

All in I had zero problems with my march and may cancellations and i have faith this will go smoothly too.

Next i wait and see if they announce no europe cruises this summer for the 2nd leg of my b2b to baltic and norway.  So sad my family was really looking forward to these sailings.

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I called today around 1230 got right thru spoke with a very nice helpful girl from jamaica.  Final payment was due today on the first leg of a b2b for baltic cruise.  She cancelled our air2sea reservation first then Cancelled cruise.   She told I would receive email with my fcc for my $500 deposit in about 2 or 3 weeks.  

She stated to make sure I saved the reservation number for cancelled in case I dont receive email with certificate numbers that when I'm ready to rebook new cruise I can give them cancelled reservation number to look up fcc that way.

I had cancelled all cruise planner items for about $600 on friday.  She said they are running about 30 days to refund excursions.

All in I had zero problems with my march and may cancellations and i have faith this will go smoothly too.

Next i wait and see if they announce no europe cruises this summer for the 2nd leg of my b2b to baltic and norway.  So sad my family was really looking forward to these sailings.

Great! After having same Royal vacation planner for 5+ yrs been having good luck with new office personnel. Friendly, helpful and pretty quick. At most 1-2 minutes get through to person at C&A, called them 10 times last 5 weeks, most these for price drops. Daughters also had good experiences, only once had 20min wait, usually only couple minutes...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Seems to me if RCC is aware of this issue, they would either A: Put something on their website and/or B: Send a follow up e-mail informing everyone they are aware of this.

It would cut down on their calls and our frustration greatly if they would just communicate.  I love RCC and prefer them hands down to Norwegian or Carnival (just my personal opinion so please no comments about this!!) but I do expect more communication during a time like this.

Again, a quick communication posted on their website would greatly reduce their call volume and people taking it out on the messenger.🥰

• Like 1

So I just got ahold of someone at RCC (after holding 2 hours last night, 1 hour earlier today and about 30 minutes this time).  She was very sweet and apologetic.  She acknowledged there was a BIG mistake in the calculations (my granddaughter should not get ANY credit as she was a "Kids Sail Free" promo) and I was shorted $3882.  She sent in to her processing team but no idea how long it will take (2 days-2 weeks).  I don't really care about that as long as it gets corrected.

She did say my purchases and taxes have been processed but they are waiting for accounting to release the funds (in other words, they are trying to hold onto the cash right now).

So hang in there and be persistent.  You will eventually get through!  I did make a suggestion to her:  I told her RCC should put something on their website about the mistake so their employees don't get bombarded with phone calls.  She agreed.

• Like 1

Hello

Had the same problem, spent 4 hours on phone yesterday, never got anywhere,  Was on the phone early this morning, Talked  to a real person.  Was shorted like everyone else on FCC.  They researched it.  They do not give FCC on taxes and fees and all other items that you purchased like internet and shore excursions and prepaid gratuities.  I was given a case number and they did refund some of the fees already.  I am waiting for the reply, but it might be a few weeks after their major cluster in how they handled it.  Keeping m finger crossed/ I can only image how their handling refunds.   

On 5/9/2020 at 10:34 PM, pstone1 said:

We received our FCC today too.  It is for a 3 night Mariner cruise and the amount was less than half of what we should have gotten.  Just crazy!

This is simple math.  Cruise cost total, minus taxes & fees, times 125%.  It’s not rocket science.

Exactly!

12 hours ago, mrmapt said:

Hello

Had the same problem, spent 4 hours on phone yesterday, never got anywhere,  Was on the phone early this morning, Talked  to a real person.  Was shorted like everyone else on FCC.  They researched it.  They do not give FCC on taxes and fees and all other items that you purchased like internet and shore excursions and prepaid gratuities.  I was given a case number and they did refund some of the fees already.  I am waiting for the reply, but it might be a few weeks after their major cluster in how they handled it.  Keeping m finger crossed/ I can only image how their handling refunds.   

Hi!  How early did you call, and did you use the main RCCL # or call through Crown & Anchor?  I do know you eventually have to get transferred to a supervisory or resolutions department at some point. I need to do this too. Maybe later in the week when I don't have so many phone conferences (live) for work.  :)  Kind of hard to do those and be on the phone with RCCL at same time.

Hang in there, everyone!

4 minutes ago, Marylandteachergirl said:

I wonder how many people won't even notice?  People who have many cruises booked, and the FCC certificate gets buried in their email.

I dont think there are too many people around who book more than 1-2 cruises. I mean just think about it, its way too expensive and economy is not doing this great at the moment. I wonder how many people received their refunds in the first place. I think there are more people waiting for money rather than willing to spend it

2 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I dont think there are too many people around who book more than 1-2 cruises. I mean just think about it, its way too expensive and economy is not doing this great at the moment. I wonder how many people received their refunds in the first place. I think there are more people waiting for money rather than willing to spend it

I have seen a few posts on cruise critic from people who have 10 or more booked. Or, at least they say they do?   I am definitely waiting to buy airfare closer to sailing (whenever we cruise again).  My daughter and I were supposed to be on an Alaskan cruise later this month - and the future credit situation with Alaska Air and Delta was a huge hassle.  I think a lot of people have similar experiences right now, unfortunately.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Maybe that’s the plan?

Maybe if it was just  a few dollars to a couple hundred but in my case

my FCC was off the mark by $2K  Kind of jumps out at you when you are expecting to see $3194 and you see $707

Edited by TheMiz
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Mine was off by almost $1000. Not as bad as yours, but it certainly looked wrong.  At first, I thought it was the cruise planner future credit (I also requested), but no....

Maybe if it was just  a few dollars to a couple hundred but in my case

my FCC was off the mark by $2K  Kind of jumps out at you when you are expecting to see $3194 and you see $707

Everyone that has called and waited the 3 to 5 hours are all told them same thing

YES there was a mistake and we are are working on it please allow another 14 days ! 

I don't understand why it should take this look and if they know there was and is a problems with the FCC send out over the last 5 days why not email and let ppl know it is being worked on .   

That would have to cut down the phone calls , I know some will still call.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marylandteachergirl said:

I wonder....if people don't call, will the FCC's be adjusted automatically since RCCL knows there is a problem, or do they all need to call and speak to a real person?  I can't even fathom how many people and cruises this must be, and I do have empathy for the staff who have to answer the calls. This is not their fault at all, and of course, like any customer service position, they are on the front end of receiving those upset customer calls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

Everyone that has called and waited the 3 to 5 hours are all told them same thing

YES there was a mistake and we are are working on it please allow another 14 days ! 

I don't understand why it should take this look and if they know there was and is a problems with the FCC send out over the last 5 days why not email and let ppl know it is being worked on .   

That would have to cut down the phone calls , I know some will still call.

Will all of the wrong ones be fixed automatically and eventually, or just those who call?

8 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

I am surprised this kind of mess up hasn't had some TV stations news or even the Networks

This does seem massive.

l'm really surprised they haven't issued a press announcement, or something on their website, or a mass email? It's Monday morning, so maybe they are still trying to figure out what to do.  Then again, they may not even fully realize the enormity of the mistake.  The part that is really odd to me - these are FCC's, not refunds.  it's not even that we are getting money back - 

1 hour ago, Marylandteachergirl said:

l'm really surprised they haven't issued a press announcement, or something on their website, or a mass email? It's Monday morning, so maybe they are still trying to figure out what to do.  Then again, they may not even fully realize the enormity of the mistake.  The part that is really odd to me - these are FCC's, not refunds.  it's not even that we are getting money back - 

IMHO that would be the smart thing to do.