Regent Refund Roll Call

3 hours ago, rallydave said:

To rephrase:   Bottom line would recommend waiting if you do care about where you go and where you go is a priority over suite category.

That was my bottom line - did not expect you to agree.  If you wait to book, you may not have the opportunity to travel to where you want to go until after the FCC's expire AND you may not get the suite that you want.  Good itineraries are booking up fast and there are more cancelations to come.  

P.S.   I suppose that if someone has unlimited funds, they may be able to sail to their preferred destination but may have to pay for a top suite to do so.  Many of us need both the right itinerary and the right suite (and, for us, the right ship).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 11:33 AM, ThereIsNoPaul said:

Scheduled Sail Date:                                       07/17/20

Regent cancelled:                                            05/20/20

TA requested refund:                                     05/20/20

Refund Request Confirmed (by Regent):   05/20/20

Two refunds showed up on our credit card today dated 7/21/20. Short by about 11.5% which I assume is "port fees and taxes".

• Thanks 1

We cancelled a cruise on May 21st, And on July 1st they said it was processed on 30th June and it would be 15 days+ until it was in our account. 

Not sure what is happening and if it’s a slower process because we are Australian and our TA probably booked through the Australian rep. 
Unfortunately our TA has decided to close and passed the booking refunding process back to Regent. 

Still no refund so asked again when we were likely to receive it.  Different to the last email!
Here is the answer. 

Your refund is currently being processed by our accounts team, I can see that they have noted the booking for a refund and this should be released in our next batch of refunds within the next few weeks. Due to the current global situation all refund requests are taking up to 90 days from cancellation to be completed. 

We thank you for your patience during these difficult times and we wish to welcome you back onboard in the near future. 

On 7/23/2020 at 5:49 AM, ThereIsNoPaul said:

Two refunds showed up on our credit card today dated 7/21/20. Short by about 11.5% which I assume is "port fees and taxes".

Third refund showed up on our credit card today back dated 7/21/20 .  Fully refunded.

• Thanks 1

As of this morning (28 July) we have received complete reimbursement from Regent not only for the cruise fare which came in over a month ago but also for the "reasonable reimbursement" of the expenses we had to incur to get back to Switzerland from San Diego on 14 March.   To say I am relieved is a large understatement but I also think that very probably few other cruise companies would have reimbursed our expenses to this extent.  Yes - they asked for a LOT of back up.  Which was provided.  But not only did we get home to the (relative) safety of Switzerland but now we are no longer "out of pocket" for having had to do so.   In these times it is nice to know that there is a company one can rely on to do the right thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 12:19 PM, rcandkc said:

Our excursion, taxes, port fees refund was posted on our regent statement on June 23.  We don’t know if it has hit our credit card yet because we don’t do online banking....

Received our credit card statement...our excursions, taxes, and port fees were refunded on June 23 as we were told. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

As of this morning (28 July) we have received complete reimbursement from Regent not only for the cruise fare which came in over a month ago but also for the "reasonable reimbursement" of the expenses we had to incur to get back to Switzerland from San Diego on 14 March.   To say I am relieved is a large understatement but I also think that very probably few other cruise companies would have reimbursed our expenses to this extent.  Yes - they asked for a LOT of back up.  Which was provided.  But not only did we get home to the (relative) safety of Switzerland but now we are no longer "out of pocket" for having had to do so.   In these times it is nice to know that there is a company one can rely on to do the right thing.

Gerry

I was so happy that you were reimbursed for ALL your out of pocket expenses! Regent should be congratulated. 
Perhaps someday, when this plague is gone, you will reconsider sailing on Regent again. And perhaps we can join you. 
sheila

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Gerry

I was so happy that you were reimbursed for ALL your out of pocket expenses! Regent should be congratulated. 
Perhaps someday, when this plague is gone, you will reconsider sailing on Regent again. And perhaps we can join you. 
sheila

The answer is - yes we would love to cruise Regent again and "double yes" with you and Herb.  But the only cruises I think we would consider would be from and to Italian ports.  Then we just drive or take the train...or at the worst have someone drop us off and pick us up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, posted on another thread before I remembered this one.

Rest of our partial refund posted on VISA this AM on 8/15 (but was received by Chase on 8/12 as Regent reported).

Cruise for July 2020 cancelled by Regent on 5/20/2020.

Opted for FFC on 5/25 ; was told by our TA the partial refund amount (for taxes, port fees, etc.) to be refunded within 90 days.

Received 2 credits to CCs on 7/21 (57 days from our decision on FFC vs. total refund).

Received 2 more credits to CCs on 8/12 (79 days days from our decision on FFC vs. total refund).

Total of the 4 credits matches the amount told us by our TA (amounted to about 4.8% of cruise invoice for 2 adults and a teenager).

• Thanks 1

Karen I can at last add our refund details to your thread.

April 16th cruise cancelled 30/03/20

TA contacted Regent 31/03/30

Deposit refunded 20/06/20

Refund recieved today 19/08/20 finally.

Thanks for maintaining this thread and spreadsheet.   Jean.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some more data:

Cruise date: 11 Sept 2020

Cancelled by Regent: 16 June 2020

FCC accepted: 17 June 2020 (applied to a cruise in March 2021 - hope springs eternal)

Fees & taxes refunded to credit card: 19 Aug 2020

Expenses claim (flight cancellation fees) sent to Regent: 09 July 2020

Regent confirmed "approved & sent to accounting": 16 July 2020

Expenses received: 29 Aug 2020

• Thanks 1

@flossie009, thank you for the update.  I was happily watching this thread disappear onto page 2  😉 , but now that it is back at the top of page 1, I would like to send a reminder to those who posted a pending refund and probably have it by now.  If any of the following have your refund, or if you don't, please let us know:  

@BBWC, @Jon1951, @airmuskie, @Goaty, @gr'aunt, @fudgbug, @gary705, @Mtns2Lakes, @wishIweretravelling, and @etual324.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in this database!  It has been very reassuring to see that Regent is getting most refunds out in about 2 months.  Quicker would be nice, of course, but in the current environment, I think 2 months is really not that bad.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

@flossie009, thank you for the update.  I was happily watching this thread disappear onto page 2  😉 , but now that it is back at the top of page 1, I would like to send a reminder to those who posted a pending refund and probably have it by now.  If any of the following have your refund, or if you don't, please let us know:  

@BBWC, @Jon1951, @airmuskie, @Goaty, @gr'aunt, @fudgbug, @gary705, @Mtns2Lakes, @wishIweretravelling, and @etual324.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in this database!  It has been very reassuring to see that Regent is getting most refunds out in about 2 months.  Quicker would be nice, of course, but in the current environment, I think 2 months is really not that bad.

I posted that I received refunds quite a while back.  Thank you.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fudgbug said:

I posted that I received refunds quite a while back.  Thank you.

Sorry, I guess I missed it because it was on another thread.  Sometimes I check those to see if they are in the spreadsheet, and sometimes I don't.

2 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Sorry, I guess I missed it because it was on another thread.  Sometimes I check those to see if they are in the spreadsheet, and sometimes I don't.

Not a big deal.  Thank you for taking on that job.

56 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

All is good kinda forgot about this thread but all monies received about 3 weeks ago but it was tours and a few other things  but all is good no problems with Regent

Edited by etual324
forgot something
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

Hi SusieQft,

Still waiting. TA contacted RSS last week and was told it's coming, but might take the full 90 days. I will update you when I get the refund.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SusieQft said:

We received our refund quite a while ago. 

• Thanks 1

My TA checked. For the cruises that Regent cancelled, they are refunding by sailing date, and are currently on August. We had a late September sailing date. Deposits for later cruises have been refunded where it was the passenger, not Regent, that did the cancelling, so they aren't part of the mass process. 

• Thanks 1