Table for eight?

Flatbush Flyer

No - I'm not going to ask about whether you'd be OK with a table for eight in an Oceania specialty restaurant.

Rather, with the probable prospect of no eights (or even sixes) when the O ships start cruising again, how about picking some dinner companions (no spouses/partners please) for that last table of eight from the old normal. 

Your available pool of fellow cruisers/diners are the folks who frequently post on the CC Oceania forums. After more than 5 years here, I've got my own preferences of folks who, whether I agree with them or not on all sorts of topics, I find interesting, knowledgeable, experienced, etc. 

I've already got my list of seven others. But, I'm holding off on sharing until the ball gets rolling. BTW, no need to explain your choices- just pick your dinner mates (by screen name) and list them in a post on this thread.

Any takers?

40 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I have a list of who I would NOT  knowingly share a table with  😁

I guess you'll have to start a different thread.  

But, fortunately, I trust that most respondents will want to keep this a positive, fun exercise.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I guess you'll have to start a different thread.  

But, fortunately, I trust that most respondents will want to keep this a positive, fun exercise.

You go first as you are the OP 😀

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

clo - I am happy to share foie gras with you anytime 🙂

You're so easy 🙂 I have two 'chunks' in the freezer. And I do need to see their shipping charge as our CSR card gets 5x for groceries through June.

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Thank you - a great honor considering we have never actually met before.

The feeling is mutual

Thanks.  Hopefully someday! 

We fortunately sailed a couple of times with Jim (StanandJim) and shared a couple of celebratory meals with him, including an amazing dinner in Polo that Jim arranged for a significant birthday of Stan’s. I will never forget that wonderful evening.  Jim, Stan, the late Don Horner (hondorner??) and his wife Betsy (now wed so romantically to Bob Brown on that ATW cruise just a year or so ago) were invited by Oceania to a ceremony at the Fincantieri shipyard in Genoa when Riviera was built.  

We met Don and Betsy not onboard an Oceania cruise but when they embarked an American Queen cruise here in Cincinnati, and we arranged to meet for dinner onshore before they sailed.  Those two posters (Jim and Don) were informational mainstays on this Oceania board for many years, including the several years of my CC boards addiction.  I fortunately weaned myself away about five years ago.  

We met Lyn (LHT28) on a Caribbean cruise and shared a delightful tour she arranged of an artisanal chocolate factory near the port in Bridgetown, Barbados. Fortunately, she remains a pillar of accurate information on this board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CintiPam said:

We met Lyn (LHT28) on a Caribbean cruise and shared a delightful tour she arranged of an artisanal chocolate factory near the port in Bridgetown, Barbados. Fortunately, she remains a pillar of accurate information on this board.

That was a fun tour

Too bad it was so hot  & some of my chocolate melted  before we made it back to the ship

so we had to eat them LOL

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

That was a fun tour

Too bad it was so hot  & some of my chocolate melted  before we made it back to the ship

so we had to eat them LOL

I was so hot upon our return that I spent the remainder of the daytime no more than 15 yards from the pool.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mura said:

But how awful was it to have to eat the chocolates immediately!!??

Hi, Mura, unlike Lyn, I resisted.  😇

OK, I confess that I ate so much chocolate while at the chocolate factory that I could not indulge that same afternoon with the bars we purchased.

Way back when -- when I graduated college -- my best friend from high school and I had a graduation gift of a motor trip around the country.  When we toured the Hersey factory the smell of the chocolate was so overwhelming that neither one of us could face chocolate for a few days ...

But that WAS Hershey chocolate!

Mura

46 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Hi, Mura, unlike Lyn, I resisted.  😇

OK, I confess that I ate so much chocolate while at the chocolate factory that I could not indulge that same afternoon with the bars we purchased.

LOL

we had to eat the rum filled ones as the liquid was oozing out 

That is my story & am sticking to it  😉

PS I see he is moved locations & is serving Ice Cream as well

17 minutes ago, Mura said:

Way back when -- when I graduated college -- my best friend from high school and I had a graduation gift of a motor trip around the country.  When we toured the Hersey factory the smell of the chocolate was so overwhelming that neither one of us could face chocolate for a few days ...

Mura

But when it was locally owned by Hershey's .  I went to college in Annville, PA, and could smell it often.

20 minutes ago, Mura said:

Mura

LOL

Way back  my Aunt worked at the Laura Secord  factory & they could eat all the chocolate they wanted

well after the first week she did not want to see  chocolate  for a long time   

sort of reminds me of the episode of Lucy & Ethel 😁

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mura said:

Mura

My husband grew up in Lancaster, PA so I visited Hershey more than once.  I loved both the chocolate smell of the place and those streetlights shaped like Hershey kisses.

Edited by CintiPam

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

LOL

we had to eat the rum filled ones as the liquid was oozing out 

That is my story & am sticking to it  😉

PS I see he is moved locations & is serving Ice Cream as well

Those rum-filled ones were the best IMO.  So tasty!

• Like 1

Hmmm ... speaking to Hersey (and Pam) ... for us the sweet smell in the place was overwhelming.  We didn't eat chocolate back then all that often (we were only 21!) but we DID eat Hershey bars.

I remember workers in ice cream shops saying much the same thing.  Not so much about the smell of the ice cream, just that they didn't want any ... I wish I could remember exactly what they said!

Now when we go into Sprungli in Zurich (which is a shop selling wonderful chocolates, not making them), I can't resist buying far too much!

Mura

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

LOL

Way back  my Aunt worked at the Laura Secord  factory & they could eat all the chocolate they wanted

well after the first week she did not want to see  chocolate  for a long time   

sort of reminds me of the episode of Lucy & Ethel 😁

That episode is certainly a classic!!!!