Cruise ships in my hometown!

kangforpres

The Regent Sevens Seas Mariner is like 3 blocks from my home! The Oceania Regatta is in the Outer harbor, both waiting it out in Oakland until they know the Alaska season has been cancelled for their lines.

Life ain't all that bad if you can look out a window and see a cruise ship!

Happy Mother's Day, 

Paul

cruise ship 2.jpg

cruise ship 1.jpg

• Like 4

I remember reading how one of the cruise ships (must have been a smaller one) went into a small town on Vancouver Island called Port Alberni.    I think it meant a lot to this town;   the mayor came out to greet them.   I'm not from there but not too far away.

I feel like some of the ports that turned their backs on cruise ships should maybe do without them for awhile.   Try some new ones.    Am I being too harsh?

• Like 5

Hey, wait a minute.  This thread has nothing to do with waiting for refunds or how the cruise lines are screwing over everyone.

😁

But thanks for the pictures anyhow!!😉

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

I live in Cocoa Beach, ( next to Port Canaveral). Carnival,  RC, NCL and Disney are all parked here.  The other day, an Oceania ship was here. They go in and out of port  but mostly are just lined up across the bay.  The captains are probably wondering who that fool is that is waving all the time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, kira5 said:

I remember reading how one of the cruise ships (must have been a smaller one) went into a small town on Vancouver Island called Port Alberni.    I think it meant a lot to this town;   the mayor came out to greet them.   I'm not from there but not too far away.

I was there on the Maasdam last summer! What a charming town; I had a nice excursion there. 
The people were lovely. I can't imagine a warmer reception. It would be nice to visit there again some day. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I was there on the Maasdam last summer! What a charming town; I had a nice excursion there. 
The people were lovely. I can't imagine a warmer reception. It would be nice to visit there again some day. 

I also was fortunate to visit port alberni and agree the reception was exceptional.  Lots of really nice people went out of their way to say welcome.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

I understand a third ship (perhaps NCL) is also coming to Oakland. From last night's news.

Yea Cruiser Bruce, It's the NCL Jewel, I checked on the marine traffic website, due to arrive in OAK on 05-12-20 at 08:00

• Like 1

The Regal Princess is currently in the Princess Amaliahaven in Rotterdam after disembarkation of European crew of the Holland America Group last Thursday. Tonight the Sky Princess will also be in port, tomorrow we can expect the Nieuw Statendam and Thursday the Seaborne Ovation. The Zaandam was supposed to come to Rotterdam for lay up as well , but I saw that the destination was changed to IJmuiden. Hopefully just temporarily.  If we can’t can on them , it’s at least nice to look at em.

The World Dream from Genting has been in lay up in the Waalhaven in Rotterdam since the end of march after a drydock in Rotterdam.

73B66BD5-5500-4511-80A2-7E3DF1BE7E0C.jpeg

8482C4F9-C50A-43AA-8E54-E03D85025AF9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rotjeknor said:

The Regal Princess is currently in the Princess Amaliahaven in Rotterdam after disembarkation of European crew of the Holland America Group last Thursday. Tonight the Sky Princess will also be in port, tomorrow we can expect the Nieuw Statendam and Thursday the Seaborne Ovation. The Zaandam was supposed to come to Rotterdam for lay up as well , but I saw that the destination was changed to IJmuiden. Hopefully just temporarily.  If we can’t can on them , it’s at least nice to look at em.

The World Dream from Genting has been in lay up in the Waalhaven in Rotterdam since the end of march after a drydock in Rotterdam.

73B66BD5-5500-4511-80A2-7E3DF1BE7E0C.jpeg

8482C4F9-C50A-43AA-8E54-E03D85025AF9.jpeg

Thank you so much for your photos!

I am looking forward to cruising again!

Denise😊

• Like 2

San Diego has Celebrity Eclipse, Millenium and a Disney ship.   Two ships at Broadway Pier and the other off the coast a Coronado.   

if you can believe the newspapers, the Eclipse still has recovering passengers from South America onboard.

20 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Thank you so much for your photos!

I am looking forward to cruising again!

Denise😊

Here is another one . The Sky Princess at the Rotterdam cruise terminal . She came in last night at around a quarter to midnight. Further down the river she blew her whistle.... the Love Boat theme 🤭

Tonight , the Nieuw Statendam will arrive with  European crew as well . Pictures tomorrow as she will arrive around midnight as well ...😴

C3F70303-4CE1-49BE-8B9D-75FA143D1B99.jpeg

21 minutes ago, rotjeknor said:

Here is another one . The Sky Princess at the Rotterdam cruise terminal . She came in last night at around a quarter to midnight. Further down the river she blew her whistle.... the Love Boat theme 🤭

Tonight , the Nieuw Statendam will arrive with  European crew as well . Pictures tomorrow as she will arrive around midnight as well ...😴

C3F70303-4CE1-49BE-8B9D-75FA143D1B99.jpeg

Good morning from San Diego!!’

Coffee in hand and so enjoyed your reply!!

Looking forward to your pictures !

miss so much our sailaways and seeing our blue HAL beauties as well as all others in FLL! This is a treat for me! Looking forward to more up lifting blogs like these for all of us To enjoy!!

Come on over to our THE DAILY!!! Rich who has taken over our Fleet Report has made it a great place for all to talk, enjoy knowing around the world where HAL is and great recipes and words of wisdom!!!

It gets me through the day in these trying times!

Paul started this thread and now you rojeknor !!! Thank you

Denise😊

• Like 1