Heads up on Celebrity’ new promotion beginning on May 11th

rebel9040

42 minutes ago, D C said:

Makes dual-citizenship look appealing, doesn't it? Or at least a "summer residence" somewhere else.  I had no idea that how drastically different offers were in different parts of the world until reading on various forums.  

Honestly the number of times I take a look at the UK celebrity site then the US one and the US one has extra perks, it’s pretty common.

I did not get the email but saw the posting on Cruise Critic. I called my TA this morning and got this promo. I kept my 2 perks but lost a "bonus" $300 SBC. The price went down $847.66 so even losing the $300, we came out over $500 better.

7 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Why did you have to give up the OBC for booking onboard. We kept ours on both cruises.

We kept the $200 for onboard booking, but lost $300 OBC in X perks replaced by unlimited wifi...useless to me with Elite + minutes. Trying now to have the loyalty 10% applied but no reply to my email to my CVP for 2 days. Results vary.....  Different strokes, etc...depending on who you speak to.

Edited by oceangoer2

This is an international promotion. I live in Denmark, and received the e-mail this afternoon local time. It stated the current Danish/Scandinavian promotion and that I was eligible for the discount, since I was a Classic member. Tried a mock booking on celebrity.com (both a US$ and a DKK booking) and my preferred online US TA, the discount also reflects in the price here.

We have a booking for Apex in April 2021, made with an online US TA back in October 2021. We booked during the Black Friday sale, so we got 3 perks (grats, beverage package and 300$ OBC), PLUS an additional 200$ OBC from Celebrity, for the normal price of two perks (Sail Plus). If I called tomorrow and asked for a repricing with the loyalty discount (which seems to be literally cents or a few dollars in my case), would I 1) keep my 3 perks AND my bonus OBC, 2) lose only the bonus OBC and keep the 3 perks, or 3) be moved to the current promotion, which is just the standard choice of 2 perks?

Results from others in the thread seem to have varied.

Thanks in advance or your replies.

1 hour ago, oceangoer2 said:

Results vary.....  Different strokes, etc...depending on who you speak to.

Are you talking GOLF  ? I heard there is a beautiful, private course around London called Redtail ??

Have you heard of it ? 

13 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Are you talking GOLF  ? I heard there is a beautiful, private course around London called Redtail ??

Have you heard of it ? 

Yes...it's VERY private...invitation only and I hear a great course frequented by who's who in the sports world, politicians, corporate, etc.  DH was invited several years ago but declined.  Invite was from a client and he sensed a conflict of interest.  Our friends told him he was 'nuts' to turn it down.  BTW...I said "different strokes'....for different folks" is the actual quotation;  wasn't thinking golf in my post but results being different to request for the 'new' program.

Edited by oceangoer2
  • Thanks 1

I did not receive the email but read about the sale here.  I took a screen shot, did a dummy booking with the discount, and sent it off to my TA for our May 2021 booking.  We received a $500 discount, but it cost us $150 OBC.  It’s a win!  I tried booking a  Nov 2021 cruise and no discount showed up.  I really wish they would post which cruises it’s applicable to.

7 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

I did not receive the email but read about the sale here.  I took a screen shot, did a dummy booking with the discount, and sent it off to my TA for our May 2021 booking.  We received a $500 discount, but it cost us $150 OBC.  It’s a win!  I tried booking a  Nov 2021 cruise and no discount showed up.  I really wish they would post which cruises it’s applicable to.

I did not receive the email either.  How did you do a dummy booking with the discount?  Is it something you had to type in?  Thanks.

Finally hot offers are being offered. I hope they will last till summer (or maybe Autumn). For many people its hard to decide to go or not to go on a cruise. Even though the demand is super high on a new season, many more are still in debate whether to cruise or not this year

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

I did not receive the email either.  How did you do a dummy booking with the discount?  Is it something you had to type in?  Thanks.

You need to be logged into your X account when doing the dummy booking, so the search can verify you're qualified for the discount.

• Thanks 1

Log into your account, find a cruise and begin the booking process. When it asks for your loyalty number on the reservation put it in AND then push the tiny “APPLY” button.  If you do not push reply it will not show the discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never received any email but decided to call X about a 2022 booking I have.  I tell him I heard about a captains club offer of 10% savings even on existing sailings.  Rep looks at my sailing, and comes back with "yes, your price is lower".  It was >$2000 savings!  And I got to keep all 4 perks.  Boy was I ever happy that I read this thread and decided to call.

I say "you sure i don't lose any perks?" He confirms, but I'd lose $200 of the OBC.  Obviously I don't care due to the huge upfront savings.  I say "Go!"

He puts me on a hold, works on the change, comes back and says "oh, sorry, I quoted you in USD"

(my booking is in CAD!!)

(So instead of the cost being $2000 lower, it would have worked out to about $1500 higher in CAD than my current rate after you account for the exchange rate)!  

How does he make that kind of error!!  

Disappointing.....

Edited by Shadow9612

We were ready to book last weekend on an 11 night cruise, no perks but a pretty good price.  It dropped a lot between then and Monday.  Our TA called to let us know and we saved almost $600 per CC cabin.  The interesting thing was the CC cabins, which I understand our larger on M class ships, were offered at $500 less than veranda cabins.  We had a great selection and got the class upgrade as captain club members in a nice mid-ship location.  By noon when I looked again all those cabins were gone.

I usually tell people the best deals are the ones that they don't promote but this promotion was actually a very good one.  At least for us.

I just checked the rate for our August 2020 Alaska Cruise & there are still tons of Aqua2 cabins but the price is $400pp higher than when we booked a month and a half ago.  We have passed final payment.  With that many cabins available I would have thought the price might have dropped.  Especially with the new promo.

It took about a half dozen phone calls to Celebrity and our TA, but they finally applied the discount to our previously booked cruise. No perks or onboard booking credit lost!