More cancellations just in...

Fredrik

I think these new cancelations are somehow connected with their liabilities towards banks. I doubt a fear of covid has caused them. Many countries are putting down limitations and operations are starting world wide. There certainly must be another reason to it. But I suppose we will never know which one 

The Ancona Shipyard where the Moon is being built out was closed for 6 weeks or so due to the virus.  Also, startup is taking time due to new restrictions/requirements.  Thus, the construction is behind schedule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCCruiser57 said:

SS has updated their schedule and now the first cruise on the Moon is Oct 2nd, thus they cancelled the first 6 cruises.

Typical. That was the cruise I was hoping to go on for my 50th Birthday celebrations with a few nights here afterwards for my big day on the 14th.

https://www.palazzettopisani.com/prestige-double-room-doge/

Considering my previous experience I think it’s probably best I look for something else. 

On 5/17/2020 at 7:42 AM, NJ Cruiserman said:

If I remember correctly the up to 30 day prior to cruise cash refund option was revoked and replaced on April 8. Please see the attached. 1655033992_SilverseaCruisewithConfidenceProgram20200408.pdf

It wasn't revoked, but they've dropped it into something akin to a footnote.  It matters, now, since we were notified today of cancellation.

"If guests decide to forego the 125% Future Cruise Credit and the corresponding 25% additional benefit that Silversea is providing, a cash refund option is also available ^" 

31 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

It wasn't revoked, but they've dropped it into something akin to a footnote.  It matters, now, since we were notified today of cancellation.

"If guests decide to forego the 125% Future Cruise Credit and the corresponding 25% additional benefit that Silversea is providing, a cash refund option is also available ^" 

The note to which you refer applies to cruises cancelled by Silversea, not to those which the passenger cancels. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 1:33 PM, HotRoot said:

Thank you!  I just emailed and immediately had a response.  She said 90 days was unacceptable and she will see the refund is processed.  I will let you know when it hits my credit card.  Thank you, again!

You are lucky, I emailed just after you posted chasing my refunds and I have had neither a reply or even an acknowledgement

On 5/19/2020 at 7:33 AM, HotRoot said:

Thank you!  I just emailed and immediately had a response.  She said 90 days was unacceptable and she will see the refund is processed.  I will let you know when it hits my credit card.  Thank you, again!

Update - The next day I received an email from accounting advising me my refund had been processed.  I have been checking my credit card several times a day.  This morning I had my credit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

Update - The next day I received an email from accounting advising me my refund had been processed.  I have been checking my credit card several times a day.  This morning I had my credit.

That’s good to hear.

On 5/20/2020 at 5:22 PM, beaujolais said:

You are lucky, I emailed just after you posted chasing my refunds and I have had neither a reply or even an acknowledgement

Take all back, got a reply yesterday and she'd passed on my email to Frank Sansone who today sorted out the payments and our TA is due payment tomorrow of the main refund and my CC has been credited with the deposit

All very quick in the end for that cancellation now awaiting repayment from our HK to Sydney cruise in October cancelled early May

• Like 1

I am booked July 18.  I rebooked this one after my cancelled May cruise. Following news of your cancellation am wondering if mine, too, will be cancelled. I hope not, as my early March cruise was cancelled and am still waiting for a refund after 79 days.  Silversea London always promise me a refund “next week” but nothing ever arrives. A bit like the old joke “the cheque is in the mail”. I also rebooked my cancelled Moon cruise for another cruise in September.  I think I should take a more realistic approach like you rather than rely on Silversea info.

46 minutes ago, eastwoodboy said:

Just received email from SS to cancel Spirit sailing 17th July although they have not updated the website as yet.

Looks like the next batch of cancellations is about to be released. 

August 10th Spirit cancelled too.

9 hours ago, eastwoodboy said:

Just received email from SS to cancel Spirit sailing 17th July although they have not updated the website as yet.

Looks like the next batch of cancellations is about to be released. 

Yes, the website has been updated. 

• Like 2

With Canada banning all cruises till November, I see SS has now updated the website for the Whisper in October - i.e., it's not there.

I won't be surprised (unhappy, but not surprised) if SS just carries on announcing rolling monthly cancellations for many months to come.