Cruise Critic Community
Merion_Mom

Here is some really good news

I am well aware that there are other threads discussing refunds.

This one is different.

I had four cruises cancelled by Royal Caribbean.  I waited until RC cancelled them, then applied for cash refunds.

The four cruises were scheduled for May 4, May 11, May 18 & June 7.  (Yes, I should be in Bermuda right now.)

All four were refunded to my credit card, accurate to the exact penny, as of today, May 12.  Each cruise had four separate amounts posted to my CC.

I hope that this helps others who are waiting, or wondering what the refund looks like.  (I had no Cruise Planner or other pre-purchases).

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

June 7

No joy yet.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

No joy yet.

Check your card.  It just hit mine. (dated yesterday, but only visible to me today)

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Check your card.  It just hit mine. (dated yesterday, but only visible to me today)

I did, based on your post.

Thank you for some positive news my friend. I am sure many have experienced the same but didnt share it elsewhere. I am sure those of us waiting for a refund right now have read your post and now feel more comfortable waiting. Well, I am not among them luckily. I decided not to book a cruise in the first place 🙂

Posted (edited)

Good to know...I had one cancelled for May 19, and my TA received notice from Royal last week, that I should see the refunds (paid for a friends cabin also) in the next few days...I will double check.

Debbie

Edit...I checked and nothing yet on either card (I used 2)

Edited by crzndeb

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I did, based on your post.

Mine took 8 days to post to my CC from the date that Royal posted it

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No joy yet.

I'm joyless as well

I am hopeful for everyone that this means that they are "cleaning house" and getting ready for the next round of cancellations.

Good luck to everyone!

I wish they would clean house further back. I’m still waiting from March 18th. 

My parents got part of their refund sometime last night for their cancelled April 13 cruise. 1800  is still coming but classified as "processed and waiting for approval". 

I did get some funds refunded today, but the amounts make no sense.  I’m waiting on two - one from March & one from May.  No matter how I add up the refunds, they make no sense, but I do know it’s not the total amount I’m due.  Hoping it will all work itself out eventually.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am well aware that there are other threads discussing refunds.

This one is different.

I had four cruises cancelled by Royal Caribbean.  I waited until RC cancelled them, then applied for cash refunds.

The four cruises were scheduled for May 4, May 11, May 18 & June 7.  (Yes, I should be in Bermuda right now.)

All four were refunded to my credit card, accurate to the exact penny, as of today, May 12.  Each cruise had four separate amounts posted to my CC.

I hope that this helps others who are waiting, or wondering what the refund looks like.  (I had no Cruise Planner or other pre-purchases).

Excellent news.

Waiting for FCC for cancelled June 11th Grandeur, and cash refund for cancelled Harmony 5/31.  Waiting...waiting....

Posted (edited)

Does not make sense when some are getting refunds from June cancelled cruises already, and some are waiting for refunds dating back to March cruises.  😮 

RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😣

Edited by island lady

We requested a refund for the Oasis on 3/25 and still no credit on the credit card. Trying to be patient. 

I’m still waiting as well. I reached out to RCI on Twitter, and someone actually contacted me. I let them know what would have been most helpful would have been stating from the start that it could take between 30-60 days to receive refunds. Giving specific dates and then not receiving a refund or update has proven very frustrating.

We were supposed to be on Oasis right now. We opted for the FCC. Got the email on Sunday for the FCC. It was for a bit more than I thought it would be. This morning I got another email explaining they made a mistake and they gave us less than they should have. The  new amount should show up on Thursday. Looking forward to what we end up with.

I am very glad you recieved your refund. 

I had my girst b2b scheduled for april. First leg opted for fcc, got that. But haven't recieved port,taxes,excursions etc. 

The second leg i opted for full refund. Got nothing yet. 

I do find it interesting in both our cases royal canceled you got yours, even for cruises after mine. So I'm guessing they are not going in date order. Are they going by ship?? Or perhaps our name in alphabetic order if our middle initial. Lol

I will wait til the end of the month before i reach out. 

Posted (edited)

Waiting on April 5 still.  Cancelled by RCI March 13th.

Edited by rimmit