Quickest guarantee assignment ever

johng75370

We decided to book a cruise for November, in case we’d be in a position to start traveling again when Seabourn starts sailing.  We booked an OB guarantee yesterday morning, and by yesterday night already had a cabin assigned.  It wasn’t the best of assignments (V1); hoping it might change as time goes on, but surprised both by how quick and how underwhelming (FWIW, am okay with the V1 but given the state of affairs was underwhelmed).  Anyone have a similar experience before?

This seems to be a new, I hope temporary, policy. A few people have reported being given not very good assignments immediately after booking since the crisis started. I have an OB guarantee for our cruise in October, booked months ago, but no assignment yet.

Edited by norm2002
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

We decided to book a cruise for November, in case we’d be in a position to start traveling again when Seabourn starts sailing.  We booked an OB guarantee yesterday morning, and by yesterday night already had a cabin assigned.  It wasn’t the best of assignments (V1); hoping it might change as time goes on, but surprised both by how quick and how underwhelming (FWIW, am okay with the V1 but given the state of affairs was underwhelmed).  Anyone have a similar experience before?

Do you mind telling us what sailing?

I have experienced something similar not with Seabourn but with Silversea but could be of interest for you. For a cruise sailing in late May 2021 and booked in January 2020, I got my cabin assigned last month! Almost 14 months in advance. When asked my SS cruise consultant why it was so early, he told me because many people are cancelling 2020 cruises and rebooking in 2021 and my cruise is already full in the category I have booked a gty so they had to assign a specific cabin. I am not convinced. And like you I got the least tempting cabin. I hope it will improve. By the way, no cabin assigned for another cruise in September 2020 but at least I can imagine why : SS knows already that cruise will be canceled.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1