Canada sailings in September?

Vineyard View

5 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Folks need to understand that Princess is completely overwhelmed and far behind with their cancellations and record keeping. ...................

Hank

Hank,

Great point!   I think we need to be extra nice to call takers when/if we call Princess.  They are dealing with a huge volume of work and are trying their best catch up!

I agree with you Hank. The employees must be so overwhelmed. I cannot imagine.

I am not in a hurry for our refund. I just don’t want a FCC. It also makes sense that with this new announcement , Princess will need to update their website cancellation list soon. The other piece is that obtaining a refund or future use of travel insurance policy, I believe it is easier if the cruise line cancels instead of the passenger? 

smokeyham, I was talking with a friend yesterday who is a dual citizen with a home in Cabo. It’s not a good situation there with the virus. It would give me pause.  They are not traveling to their home there for that reason. 

thanks all for the updates. Hearing about the timelines others have been dealing with is good information to have so I appreciate that. 

Edited by Vineyard View

7 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

Excellent points that we need to look at how successful (or not) Mexico is in dealing with the virus prior to booking a cruise there.

That will make for a great debate but I’ll throw this out for fodder.... Mexico’s population is a bit more than one third of the United States yet they’ve suffered only about 10,000 deaths, one tenth of the US’s.

Edited by d9704011

Canada announced last Friday (may 29) that no cruise ships  will be allowed in Canadian ports now until October 31st.

Princess don't seem to have cancelled any of their California Coastal as yet. Any that are supposed to come into or start from Vancouver would have to be.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, V. I. Cruiser said:

Canada announced last Friday (may 29) that no cruise ships  will be allowed in Canadian ports now until October 31st.

Princess don't seem to have cancelled any of their California Coastal as yet. Any that are supposed to come into or start from Vancouver would have to be.

I talked with a Princess representative on Saturday.   She indicated that they will be working on updates early this week.

• Thanks 1

We got an email cancelling our September 26 cruise on Royal Princess.  There’s a new update on the Princess website showing all of the additional cruises cancelled today.  So go there for full information.

Norm

We just received a cancel notice from Princess for our 9/20 RT out of SFO. There is an updated date for requesting a refund by 6/30/20 with a link to that form. Otherwise the FCC will default and be valid for trips through 5/22 with  double the deposit in your account to use. 
We will be requesting refunds. 

Edited by Vineyard View

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

We just received a cancel notice from Princess for our 9/20 RT out of SFO. There is an updated date for requesting a refund by 6/30/20 with a link to that form. Otherwise the FCC will default and be valid for trips through 5/22 with  double the deposit in your account to use. 
We will be requesting refunds. 

Yes, I just got a notice for the cruise following yours (9/27 - R/T out of San Francisco).  My choice will be to take the "double the deposit" option.