Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 5/19/2020 at 9:02 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Did they say if your Dine, drink and discover will carry through?

DD&D did not carry through.  Per my travel agent, Royal claimed I wanted the $50 (which doesn't even cover one soda package).  So, as of an hour or so ago, the $50 credit is now showing on my statement, although it never appeared before (nor after) L&S.

Not worth the fight.  There are bigger problems in the world, such as the abuse of potted plants.

Edited by soremekun
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, soremekun said:

DD&D did not carry through.  Per my travel agent, Royal claimed I wanted the $50 (which doesn't even cover one soda package).  So, as of an hour or so ago, the $50 credit is now showing on my statement, although it never appeared before (nor after) L&S.

Not worth the fight.  There are bigger problems in the world, such as the abuse of potted plants.

That’s too bad but your right, it’s not worth the fight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Is the next round just the Alaska Canada ones?  Is that the only thing on the table for tomorrow?

And likely the New England ones, as those must also visit a Canadian port.

 

Biker, who does not expect an announcement tomorrow as it usually takes RCI a while to reach a decision and implement it.

Edited by Biker19
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

And likely the New England ones, as those must also visit a Canadian port.

 

Biker, who does not expect an announcement tomorrow as it usually takes RCI a while to reach a decision and implement it.

 

I expect an announcement as noted in the email from RCI about Canada port closures. 

 

"We commit to sharing a full update with you on Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

"We commit to sharing a full update with you on Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020."

That's about equivalent to their other announcement:" We aim to restart cruises on August 1".

 

Biker, who sets RCI communications expectations real low and likes to be surprised when they actually deliver.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I hope the announcement includes only the affected cruises and does not touch on others.  It is too soon to lose hope for my August cruises, I want to hold onto that a bit longer.

If RCL is going to follow NCL's policy that they put out today and you have to have your temp taken every time you enter a public venue that it NOT going to be a fun vacation IMHO.  If so, I can wait a while longer to cruise

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, molly361 said:

If RCL is going to follow NCL's policy that they put out today and you have to have your temp taken every time you enter a public venue that it NOT going to be a fun vacation IMHO.  If so, I can wait a while longer to cruise

But they are not requiring masks.😇

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I hope the announcement includes only the affected cruises and does not touch on others.  It is too soon to lose hope for my August cruises, I want to hold onto that a bit longer.

Personally I think you should wait until your Harmony cruise in November, but I assume you'll be stuck on your Magic cruise assuming of course you've made final payment and it does indeed happen.  

We lost out on our June Bermuda cruise on the Adventure and we decided to not make final payment on our Oasis cruise for August 30 out of Bayonne.  Too close to the Epicenter and too soon, IMHO. 

Everybody has to make their own decision as to when they wish to cruise again and of course what new stipulations that are acceptable.  We have decided to let others be the guinea pigs on late summer and fall cruises and hopefully by our January cruise there will be a vaccine.  If not, we'll just adapt to whatever conditions are in effect at that time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

 

I expect an announcement as noted in the email from RCI about Canada port closures

 

"We commit to sharing a full update with you on Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020."

 

"Coral" has posted on the Princess board that Princess has cancelled more sailings - I'm only bringing them over and listing them here so that you can see what Princess did:

 

"Due to global events impacting travel, including travel restrictions announced by the Canadian government, we have extended our pause of global ship operations and have cancelled the voyages listed below".

 

·        Coral Princess – Sep 23 from Vancouver 

·        Emerald Princess – Sep 28 from Vancouver 

·        Grand Princess – Sep 22-Oct 17 from Vancouver 

·        Royal Princess – Sep 26 from Vancouver 

·        Ruby Princess – Sep 26-Oct 20 from Vancouver or Seattle 

·        Star Princess – Sept 20-Oct 15 from San Francisco or Vancouver

 

Plus these:

  • Sea Princess – Sep 13 from Perth (Fremantle), Sep 21 from Perth (Fremantle)

  • Majestic Princess – August 5 from Taipei (Keelung), Aug 8 from Taipei (Keelung), Aug 13 from Taipei (Keelung), Aug 20 from Taipei (Keelung), Aug 23 from Taipei (Keelung), Aug 29 from Hong Kong, Sep 14 Brisbane, Sep 16 from Sydney

  • Sun Princess – Sep 5 from Sydney, Sep 9 from Auckland, Sep 18 from Honolulu

  • Sapphire Princess – Sep 2 from Adelaide, Sep 7 from Perth (Fremantle), Sep 12 from Adelaide

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

 

"Coral" has posted on the Princess board that Princess has cancelled more sailings - I'm only bringing them over and listing them here so that you can see what Princess did:

 

"Due to global events impacting travel, including travel restrictions announced by the Canadian government, we have extended our pause of global ship operations and have cancelled the voyages listed below".

 

·        Coral Princess – Sep 23 from Vancouver 

·        Emerald Princess – Sep 28 from Vancouver 

·        Grand Princess – Sep 22-Oct 17 from Vancouver 

·        Royal Princess – Sep 26 from Vancouver 

·        Ruby Princess – Sep 26-Oct 20 from Vancouver or Seattle 

·        Star Princess – Sept 20-Oct 15 from San Francisco or Vancouver

 

Plus these:

  • Sea Princess – Sep 13 from Perth (Fremantle), Sep 21 from Perth (Fremantle)

  • Majestic Princess – August 5 from Taipei (Keelung), Aug 8 from Taipei (Keelung), Aug 13 from Taipei (Keelung), Aug 20 from Taipei (Keelung), Aug 23 from Taipei (Keelung), Aug 29 from Hong Kong, Sep 14 Brisbane, Sep 16 from Sydney

  • Sun Princess – Sep 5 from Sydney, Sep 9 from Auckland, Sep 18 from Honolulu

  • Sapphire Princess – Sep 2 from Adelaide, Sep 7 from Perth (Fremantle), Sep 12 from Adelaide

More cancels on 10 ships, quite the move.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mugtech said:

More cancels on 10 ships, quite the move.

It's not quite the move.  It's just a confirmation of Princess cancellations that correspond to mandates from Canada and Australia regarding the continuation of no cruise ships cruising.  It was not a move started by Princess, just their confirmation of dates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

It's not quite the move.  It's just a confirmation of Princess cancellations that correspond to mandates from Canada and Australia regarding the continuation of no cruise ships cruising.  It was not a move started by Princess, just their confirmation of dates.

But at least they said the cruises are cancelled, check out NCL where all kinds of impossible cruises are still able to be booked.  Expecting to hear from RCI today about those Canadian cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

P and O cancels all cruises until at least 15th October 

As P&O are part of Carnival I think RCL might well do something similar.

Cruising with masks on and social distancing will not be relaxing in the confines of a cruise ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

As P&O are part of Carnival I think RCL might well do something similar.

Cruising with masks on and social distancing will not be relaxing in the confines of a cruise ship.

I really wish RCCL would cancel August ASAP as it looks as though the staterooms that we would really are mostly booked up.

 

We are in the cruising with masks no go category. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

I really wish RCCL would cancel August ASAP as it looks as though the staterooms that we would really are mostly booked up.

 

We are in the cruising with masks no go category. 

Do you mean on an August cruise or another?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely no way to reroute (to meet PVSA rule) my August Alaska B2B Radiance one way Seward to Vancouver and then back to Seward with Canada cruise ship ban until November 1st. 

 

RCI really...really...needs to follow up with their promised announcement today.  Bad enough they have kept us in the dark on the rest of the Alaska cruise season as it is.  

 

RCI:  Do the right thing and follow up on your promise.  😡

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My wife has a few of those. 

My oldest son took my potted plants away from me.  He is magical with plants, and couldn't stand to see me abuse them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...