Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I had a booking for June 15 and was certain it was going to be cancelled, so I lifted and switched it to next year.  My $700 Mariner four-nighter in a corner aft balcony would have been literally double the price for next year, so I am happy with the result.  I am still waiting a bit anxiously for the cancellation announcement, though.  My SO would never forgive me if I cancelled a cruise that was actually going to sail - without us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I was thinking it would be today but now I'm thinking next week.  Hope not.  Our next one is the end of August so I don't think this next announcement will cover that one

 

As Nike says...."Just Do It". Pull the band-aid off and cancel those they know won't sail. Ours is July 6 British Isles. With Ireland slowly re-opening, hotels opening mid-July and quarantine there's no way it's going to sail. It's with Azamara and we can't Lift and ***** and prefer a full refund. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I had a booking for June 15 and was certain it was going to be cancelled, so I lifted and switched it to next year.  My $700 Mariner four-nighter in a corner aft balcony would have been literally double the price for next year, so I am happy with the result.  I am still waiting a bit anxiously for the cancellation announcement, though.  My SO would never forgive me if I cancelled a cruise that was actually going to sail - without us!

Just book it again 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a b2b booked for Baltic/Norway in August on the Jewel and last weekend I cancelled the first leg as final payment was due on May 10th.    We were booked to stay at Scandic Palace hotel in Copenhagen for a couple days prior to our cruise.    I received an email from them today stating their hotel remain closed up to and including August 13th.    Out of curiosity I viewed several other hotels in Copenhagen near the cruise port and city center and most are saying they will remain closed this summer or recommending to check back in July for updates.     

I am very hopeful but doubtful knowing they have only done 30 day cancellations that they announce cancellation of europe cruises as my next final payment is due Monday, 5/18. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Just book it again 😁


Once I realized it was probably going to be cancelled, I booked the same cruise for July 😂.  So, I basically did that already!  Now I have my fingers crossed that lift and switch will be an option for this cancellation, as I paid $800 for 2020 and it would be $2,400 for 2021.  Always some drama these days!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Royal waiting as long as possible to L&S as many cruises as possible. 

I'm giving it my best shot😇

Edited by molly361
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:


Once I realized it was probably going to be cancelled, I booked the same cruise for July 😂.  So, I basically did that already!  Now I have my fingers crossed that lift and switch will be an option for this cancellation, as I paid $800 for 2020 and it would be $2,400 for 2021.  Always some drama these days!

 

Yes, there are definitely some huge price swings for 2021.    We looked at doing the L & S option but there was nothing sailing in northern Europe with same itinerary we had for our b2b.    There is a couple of nice sailings on Anthem next August in Europe but my Brother and his wife really want to do the Baltic so for now I took the FCC for my $500 NRD.    Stay Well!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna say our Cruises resume August 1st, not because that is what CCL is doing but because of the CDC "No Sail Order" guidelines and RCI wants one week to sort things out:

The CDC extended order went into effect April 15:

The extended Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

  • The Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declares that COVID-19 no longer constitutes a public health emergency, or
  • The CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations, or
  • 100 days have passed from April 15 which will be July 24th
Edited by MACE
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Stock exchange closes in 20 minutes, will they or won't they coming down with the next lineup of cancellations?

I think they will do the next round on a Wednesday, during Vicky’s TA 12 noon webinar. 
 

mac_tlc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last weekend during our Lift & shift to next year, I asked. Between the 20th and 27th, so as early as this coming wednesday they will make an announcement, that according to the cruise rep on the phone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

They are just stringing everyone along!  It’s painful to watch.

 

Not only to watch but to experience. We have a now cancelled hotel, cancelled/changed flights and want to get in line to get a refund as I'm almost 100% sure the cruise on Jul 6 won't sail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soremekun said:

The health and travel alerts page has been updated again but they still plan on sailing on June 12.  Discusting.

Did anything change?  I can’t see any differences between today’s update and the one that was already there

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

 

Not only to watch but to experience. We have a now cancelled hotel, cancelled/changed flights and want to get in line to get a refund as I'm almost 100% sure the cruise on Jul 6 won't sail.


I agree - I don’t think your July cruise is going to sail either.  We have the Serenade booked, Vancouver to Hawaii, on 9/6, the Explorer TA from Civitavecchia on 11/6, and a B7B Australia/New Zealand/Hawaii beginning in 2/21.  There are no “Lift & Shift” options on any of them and I’m doubtful any of those will sail either. We also have hotels, flights, and private excursions reserved that will have to be cancelled.  Right now, we don’t plan to make final payments and are very lucky most cruises are onboard bookings with minimal cash tied up.  It would be nice if RCL let everyone know what their plans really are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pstone1 said:


I agree - I don’t think your July cruise is going to sail either.  We have the Serenade booked, Vancouver to Hawaii, on 9/6, the Explorer TA from Civitavecchia on 11/6, and a B7B Australia/New Zealand/Hawaii beginning in 2/21.  There are no “Lift & Shift” options on any of them and I’m doubtful any of those will sail either. We also have hotels, flights, and private excursions reserved that will have to be cancelled.  Right now, we don’t plan to make final payments and are very lucky most cruises are onboard bookings with minimal cash tied up.  It would be nice if RCL let everyone know what their plans really are.

 

Quite a few of us from the Explorer TA have done the Lift & Shift to the Odyssey's 10/28/21 Transatlantic.

 

**Never mind - I just checked your post on the Explorer roll call, and was reminded why the Odyssey TA wasn't  of interest to you.

Edited by NancyIL
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Will anybody else be checking their phone for updates when they get up for a potty break during the night?  Asking for a friend!

 

I am sure I will. Waiting to hear on our Alaska cruise. July 31st out of Seattle. Have plane reservations but have held off on hotel.

Still feel it will be cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, newcruiser1573 said:

Not sure why this has not happened.  It is my understanding that the EU commission extended the nonessential travel restrictions until 6/15.  My British Isle cruise starts on 6/12.  Come on Royal release my money.  

I believe you are on Brilliance too.  Amsterdam site says we would not be allowed to exit airport to go to cruise terminal or hotel.  I cancelled all excursions and our dining package but am waiting for Royal to cancel air and cruise.

Edited by Snit13
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...