Next round of cancellations

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some new news that has developed as an offshoot to the lift and switch.

instead of getting a FCC for the old deposit and booking a new one you can now just change the ship and sail date.  Deposit stays the same, no new money required and no FCC.  The $100pp penalties aren’t waived. 

Is there a date when this expires?

On 5/16/2020 at 2:20 PM, LXA350 said:

There are not only Americans that cruise, hence for those nations that don't need to quarantine a cruise is a option if the situation will allow a safe operation.

That's great for them but it isn't an option for too many Americans

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some new news that has developed as an offshoot to the lift and switch.

instead of getting a FCC for the old deposit and booking a new one you can now just change the ship and sail date.  Deposit stays the same, no new money required and no FCC.  The $100pp penalties aren’t waived

So now we can cancel our cruise and book new one anytime next year and use monies paid from cancelled cruise to pay deposit and fare, but will charged a $100 pp penalty for cancelling and rebooking. Just want to make sure I get this straight.  This has nothing to do with Lift and Switch.??

11 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

So now we can cancel our cruise and book new one anytime next year and use monies paid from cancelled cruise to pay deposit and fare, but will charged a $100 pp penalty for cancelling and rebooking. Just want to make sure I get this straight.  This has nothing to do with Lift and Switch.??

No penalty, even if non refundable deposit. You can move any cruise it says booked before august 1st. 

Sorry to repeat email... I received it sunday, not sure if sunday was first day. Call in or if you have a ta let them do it. Dont cancel ... just shift it. No penalty.

20200517_161123728.jpeg

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

Nothing to do with L&S.  there is no penalty if done by Aug 1. 

you are not cancelling.  You are moving it to a date of your choosing.  The reservation number stays the same. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

No penalty, even if non refundable deposit. You can move any cruise it says booked before august 1st. 

Sorry to repeat email... I received it sunday, not sure if sunday was first day. Call in or if you have a ta let them do it. Dont cancel ... just shift it. No penalty.

20200517_161123728.jpeg

This changed May 6 what was released doesn’t really mention moving deposits. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing to do with L&S.  there is no penalty if done by Aug 1. 

you are not cancelling.  You are moving it to a date of your choosing.  The reservation number stays the same. 

Thank you for responding.  I just found your  post about moving your deposit.  If I had read that first, it would have answered my questions. Thanks again.

Edited by retiredgram
delete question
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 10:52 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Oasis is listed as a 7 night Bahamas plus perfect day while Symphony is a 7 night Western plus perfect day...different itinerary types.  I have not read of anyone successfully switching an Oasis Bayonne to another Oasis class Caribbean itinerary. 

You are correct.  It did not work unfortunately.  I'll opt for a July 2021 cruise on Oasis instead.

• Like 1

My rep promised there would be no penalty for CX my next cruise deposit on our cxd Oct. Liberty cruise...as far as I know there has not been, but I haven't received the email stating same yet...he said it might take a month or more to see that, but we just booked another cruise as Covid things have changed and so we decided to take advantage of the current pricing on a shorty out of Galveston...sooooo cheap and he said the $200 credit would apply to that so I put $100 cc deposit......we'll see in 20 days or so.

12 hours ago, retiredgram said:

Thank you for responding.  I just found your  post about moving your deposit.  If I had read that first, it would have answered my questions. Thanks again.

My rep did not offer to do this for me....it was a next cruise deposit though. The Rez # changed on our new cruise.  And he didn't just transfer it to the new cruise deposit, he said the $200 next cruise would be applied to the new cruise when it generates...those were his exact words. So I had to charge the new single deposit.   I need to add my hubs when it does.  I hope they will honor these so conflicting promises from new and inexperienced reps.  The last one I spoke with was a tenured rep so hope he knew his stuff.  The first new rep was a joke.  I knew way more than her.  I sympathise with the new recruits problems they must be experiencing but proper training should be a priority. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

There is no longer a doctor's note needed for those 70+, so I don't know what variety of circumstances you're referring to.  The next batch of cancellations which should hopefully happen sometime this week will possibly coincide with the CDC's July edict.  Only you can determine whether you don't make final payment and accept the 900 FCC or make final payment and get a prolonged full refund when your cruise doesn't sail on September 4.

Did you really type out “I don’t know what variety of circumstances you’re referring to”?

Just a few reasons I thought of, quickly.

- Death of a family member due to Covid-19 (or anything else)
- A traveler with a new health diagnosis which now puts them at high risk

- Loss of job

- No vacation time available, after taking your days to stay at home during the pandemic

- No available travel funds due to additional medical expenses, assisting laid off family members with expenses, and/or tanked stock market

We had 42 family members who lined up their vacation times to cruise together.  A significant number of them are health care workers or transportation (think air or ground freight) workers, who have no idea when they will be able to schedule vacation, again, since they are essential.

There are just so many circumstances that have changed because of the pandemic.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

There are just so many circumstances that have changed because of the pandemic.

Fully aware of that....

1. Out of work since March 13

2. 20% + decrease in retirement account

3. 75% decrease in Carnival stock value

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

Expect the next lot of cancellations today

Catching up with this thread, and been watching Royal's website for the mid-June sailings (still for sale).  I've not been following the cruise news as much as I should, but what is causing them to push sailings again?   Obviously the virus/pandemic, but wasn't sure where the next cruise guidelines are coming from or what's been released?  Is there a quick recap someone can give why cruises can't return in June?

On 5/19/2020 at 9:02 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Did they say if your Dine, drink and discover will carry through?

The L&S was successful.  Same ship and itinerary for next July.  I will have to pay the difference in port fees.  My agent will follow up with me regarding the Dine Drink Discover package.  I asked for additional OBC to cover the cost of two soda packages if the package is no longer available.

20 minutes ago, soremekun said:

The L&S was successful.  Same ship and itinerary for next July.  I will have to pay the difference in port fees.  My agent will follow up with me regarding the Dine Drink Discover package.  I asked for additional OBC to cover the cost of two soda packages if the package is no longer available.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out.