Jump to content

Happy with Lift and Shift!


Recommended Posts

We had two cabins booked on Infinity for a Med cruise next month.  Like many, we agonized over whether to make final payment in March and decided to "split the difference", letting one cabin go (with $500 NRD) and making final payment on the other.  Until Lift and Shift, rebooking the almost identical cruise (also on Infinity) for June 2021 made no sense as the prices were much higher than the 125% FCC would cover and perks not as good.  My initial excitement when Lift and Shift was introduced was short lived when I saw our entire cabin category (all oceanviews, not just one cat.) was sold out for 2021!  However, after two tries on two days with my big box TA, Celebrity not only confirmed me into the 2021 cruise in an oceanview (and slightly better location), they also offered me my second reservation back at a rate about $250 higher than the original, but they applied the "lost" $500 NRD as a deposit.  Perks not quite as good but I was very happy with that and they really seemed to be working hard on my call to do the right thing.  I'm wondering if they're holding back inventory for Lift and Shift? Our 2021 cruise still shows "sold out" in oceanview and not even guarantees are available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, uspearls said:

We had two cabins booked on Infinity for a Med cruise next month.  Like many, we agonized over whether to make final payment in March and decided to "split the difference", letting one cabin go (with $500 NRD) and making final payment on the other.  Until Lift and Shift, rebooking the almost identical cruise (also on Infinity) for June 2021 made no sense as the prices were much higher than the 125% FCC would cover and perks not as good.  My initial excitement when Lift and Shift was introduced was short lived when I saw our entire cabin category (all oceanviews, not just one cat.) was sold out for 2021!  However, after two tries on two days with my big box TA, Celebrity not only confirmed me into the 2021 cruise in an oceanview (and slightly better location), they also offered me my second reservation back at a rate about $250 higher than the original, but they applied the "lost" $500 NRD as a deposit.  Perks not quite as good but I was very happy with that and they really seemed to be working hard on my call to do the right thing.  I'm wondering if they're holding back inventory for Lift and Shift? Our 2021 cruise still shows "sold out" in oceanview and not even guarantees are available.

They always hold some inventory including the accessible cabins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were also happy using lift and shift for our July Alaska cruise.  Took awhile to get ahold of our TA, but once we did they were able to switch us to next July.  Got a better room location (hello, hump balcony!) and the itinerary has Sitka rather than Icy Strait so we were thrilled about that too (love both, but Sitka is visited less often by Celebrity so that is a treat).  To top off the good news, our TA also lifted and shifted all their benefits as well.  A good deal all the way around.  Now to hope all is well for sailing by next July!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Super happy as well.  It took a little doing, but Celebrity changed our FANTASTICALLY priced 8 day Alaskan cruise this May which had already been canceled, to a 9 day next May.  We paid for the extra night and are SUPER HAPPY with the deal we got.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We just shifted and lifted an Alaska trip from Sept this year to 2021.  Kept our great rate, kept our perks.  Needed to juggle a little to get it done, but it seems to have worked great.   The sales team in general has been really helpful in getting it done.   Our original cabin would have resulted in an obstructed view on the new cruise, but we worked through the issue and upgraded the original cruise, then lifted and shifted so we got what we wanted.   

 

Really great price for an awesome cruise

 

Thanks Celebrity!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We also shifted our August Summit Iceland cruise to August 2021.  I made the call last Friday and Celebrity told me it would be 3 days before I received a corrected invoice showing all 4 perks, the new sail date and the same price.  They immediately sent an invoice with the current price, no perks, and new sail date.  I made this change last Friday and still waiting for the correct invoice.  I hope I don't need to wait another 2 hours to get this fixed.  Has anyone waited this long to get the corrected invoice?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had our TA change our Nov 20 cruise to Nov 21. Have the exact same cruise with all Original "Perks/OBC  etc for 2077 less. I also have another 2021 cruise booked for next year but this will be moved as soon as the 2022 sailings become available,

Link to post
Share on other sites

We changed our b2b cruises out of Tampa from Nov/Dec 2020 to Nov/Dec 2021 with original price/perks/OBC.

A great result as one of cruises was a different length, from 11 nights to 10 nights.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree....happy with X and the roll out of this new program.  Able to change our cruise from Nov. 20 to Nov. 21, different ship but same itinerary, cabin category, 3 perks, loyalty discount as well as program discount.  After some kinks, it came together for us.  Hope all will have the same experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Firepath said:

If your existing perks are thru a TA (classic drink package for us), would Celebrity still honor that and at the TA's price, which is a bit less?

 

We booked onboard last year for our Sept 2020 cruise and then had it transferred to our TA who added extra discount on cruise price - contacted TA last Saturday about lift and shift and switched to Sept 2021 under the current X offer, same price, same perks, same extra discount from TA ....... Celebrity are really making sure guests are looked after in this crisis and TA was more than happy to help us switch 

 

no pain and hopefully by 2021 this will be a distant memory and we’re all safe and able to enjoy cruising again

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 5/13/2020 at 10:49 AM, uspearls said:

We had two cabins booked on Infinity for a Med cruise next month.  Like many, we agonized over whether to make final payment in March and decided to "split the difference", letting one cabin go (with $500 NRD) and making final payment on the other.  Until Lift and Shift, rebooking the almost identical cruise (also on Infinity) for June 2021 made no sense as the prices were much higher than the 125% FCC would cover and perks not as good.  My initial excitement when Lift and Shift was introduced was short lived when I saw our entire cabin category (all oceanviews, not just one cat.) was sold out for 2021!  However, after two tries on two days with my big box TA, Celebrity not only confirmed me into the 2021 cruise in an oceanview (and slightly better location), they also offered me my second reservation back at a rate about $250 higher than the original, but they applied the "lost" $500 NRD as a deposit.  Perks not quite as good but I was very happy with that and they really seemed to be working hard on my call to do the right thing.  I'm wondering if they're holding back inventory for Lift and Shift? Our 2021 cruise still shows "sold out" in oceanview and not even guarantees are available.

 

Interesting. The oceanview category on the September 2021 All Around Japan Soltice sailing has shown sold out for over a week that I have checked prices.  I was wondering if some group may have booked an event. This lift and shift is between Millennium to Soltice. Any detectives?  Any other sold out 2021 ocean views?

                    Thanks,  Libby

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

We have a cruise to Europe currently booked for September 2020. Trip was booked through online TA.  Booked with low deposit.  I contacted my agent and I asked about moving to the same trip and ship for 2021.  She told me I would have to pay the full deposit to move the trip.  Is this what you understand this new policy to be?  Also do past perks stay with the new reservation? 

Thank you for your help, I know many, many of you are much more knowledgeable about policies and procedures than I am.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 7:49 AM, uspearls said:

We had two cabins booked on Infinity for a Med cruise next month.  Like many, we agonized over whether to make final payment in March and decided to "split the difference", letting one cabin go (with $500 NRD) and making final payment on the other.  Until Lift and Shift, rebooking the almost identical cruise (also on Infinity) for June 2021

Question about your lift and shift,  you say " almost identical cruise"

can you give details,  was it longer or shorter in 2021?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 1:22 AM, cwistyred said:

Hi everyone,

We have a cruise to Europe currently booked for September 2020. Trip was booked through online TA.  Booked with low deposit.  I contacted my agent and I asked about moving to the same trip and ship for 2021.  She told me I would have to pay the full deposit to move the trip.  Is this what you understand this new policy to be?  Also do past perks stay with the new reservation? 

Thank you for your help, I know many, many of you are much more knowledgeable about policies and procedures than I am.

 

What your TA says is not my experience. I had a March 2021 booking which has a reduced deposit. I used lift and shift to move it out to March 2022, the reduced deposit moved with it as did the cruise fare and all perks as per the original booking. I had nothing further to pay.

Id say you need to have another chat with your TA.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just moved our 10 day Caribbean from 9/20. There was no equivalent cruise, only a 12 day with a totally different itinerary on 8/14/21( totally improved itinerary to places we have not visited). They gave us the 12 day, including all perks for the same price, and rolled over our deposit. Great deal!

Edited by mscg2000
mistake on a date
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mscg2000 said:

I just moved our 10 day Caribbean from 9/20. There was no equivalent cruise, only a 12 day with a totally different itinerary on 8/14/21( totally improved itinerary to places we have not visited). They gave us the 12 day, including all perks for the same price, and rolled over our deposit. Great deal!

You did very well!  I have not read where anyone has been able to accomplish this, an increased amount of days for NO price increase.  Also, my observation is that Celebrity only allowed this with a one day difference, and even then there was a price difference.  Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, mscg2000 said:

I just moved our 10 day Caribbean from 9/20. There was no equivalent cruise, only a 12 day with a totally different itinerary on 8/14/21( totally improved itinerary to places we have not visited). They gave us the 12 day, including all perks for the same price, and rolled over our deposit. Great deal!

Thanks for sharing your experience, my cruise advisor at X is adamant that this isn’t allowed, we offered to pay the extra, but still no, this was an 8 day to a 9 day, I’ll be going back to her tomorrow to push it further,  they won’t even let us carry our perks over to a 2021 priced cruise!

Link to post
Share on other sites

As an addition to my post, it wasn't easy to get the 12 night cruise to replace the 10 night one. I was on the phone with Celebrity for an hour, not counting the time I waited for the rep to answer. It took a check with a supervisor and then with a manager. Mine was a cruise on Equinox 10 day Ultimate Caribbean. The Ultimate Caribbean cruise in 2021 is 12 days but with totally different itinerary. I was patient and pleasant. Not sure if it mattered, lol....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mscg2000 said:

As an addition to my post, it wasn't easy to get the 12 night cruise to replace the 10 night one. I was on the phone with Celebrity for an hour, not counting the time I waited for the rep to answer. It took a check with a supervisor and then with a manager. Mine was a cruise on Equinox 10 day Ultimate Caribbean. The Ultimate Caribbean cruise in 2021 is 12 days but with totally different itinerary. I was patient and pleasant. Not sure if it mattered, lol....

Many have accomplished less spending a lot more time.  Today was your lucky day!   We are on the Equinox 12 day in Dec 2021.  We shifted from Nov 2020.  I found a fabulous deal at the end of last month for this year, booked it and promptly shifted to 2021.

Have a great cruise!

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great idea.  Princess doesn't have anything like this.  Our September 2020 Baltics was cancelled and when we moved it to September 2021, the cost had gone up 60%, no that's not a joke.   So, I guess we are Lifting and Shifting to Celebrity.  Their prices are where they should be.  Thank you Celebrity!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...