Azamara - No cruises available to book before Jul 26

suzyluvs2cruise

I find it interesting that when looking at the Azamara website....or other TA websites.....that there are no cruises available to book before Quest Jul 26.  

Curious if this means cruises before Jul 26 will be cancelled?  

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

7 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I find it interesting that when looking at the Azamara website....or other TA websites.....that there are no cruises available to book before Quest Jul 26.  

Curious if this means cruises before Jul 26 will be cancelled?  

I wouldn't read too much into this.

If you go to the Celebrity web site, you'll find cruises still available for dates earlier than July 26. If Azamara is required to sing from the same sheet as other RCCL operators, it might suggest a multitude of possibilities.

But the least likely, I expect, is that Azamara has autonomy! 

1 minute ago, blag said:

I wouldn't read too much into this.

If you go to the Celebrity web site, you'll find cruises still available for dates earlier than July 26. If Azamara is required to sing from the same sheet as other RCCL operators, it might suggest a multitude of possibilities.

But the least likely, I expect, is that Azamara has autonomy! 

I understand that all the lines under the RCCL umbrella have to go by the same rules I'm curious if this is a pre-cursor to a coming announcement. Time will tell...

7 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I understand that all the lines under the RCCL umbrella have to go by the same rules I'm curious if this is a pre-cursor to a coming announcement. Time will tell...

As I recall, but may be wrong, the immediate past cancellation took place on April 16, so we're about due for another, even if it's only for another month. 

31 minutes ago, blag said:

As I recall, but may be wrong, the immediate past cancellation took place on April 16, so we're about due for another, even if it's only for another month. 

Yes....and I'm hoping it's done soon. We have a July 6 British Isles cruise that I'm sure won't sail so I'd like to get on with the cancellation so I can cancel hotel, tours, air. 

I saw that there were no cruises that could be booked before the end of July too.  I agree with you suzyluvs2cruise.  We are booked for a June 18th cruise from Stockholm and while I am incredibly sad and disappointed about it I would like to get on with cancelling my air and hotels as well.  Also to let Azamara know that I would like a refund vs a cruise credit.

I just called Azamara who didn't give me anymore information but the rep did say that they were told another announcement would be coming soon.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Would anyone here book a July cruise?  Not I.

My OP was not about wanting to book a July cruise but wondering why there were none to book. Partner lines RCI and Celebrity are still showing cruises available to book so curious why Azamara isn't and what that might mean. 

4 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

I saw that there were no cruises that could be booked before the end of July too.  I agree with you suzyluvs2cruise.  We are booked for a June 18th cruise from Stockholm and while I am incredibly sad and disappointed about it I would like to get on with cancelling my air and hotels as well.  Also to let Azamara know that I would like a refund vs a cruise credit.

I just called Azamara who didn't give me anymore information but the rep did say that they were told another announcement would be coming soon.

Hoping it will be cancelled any day now. British  Airways have already cancelled our return flights from Stockholm. Are your flights from US still scheduled?

Hi combine

Funny you should mention it.. I just got an email from our airline that our flights have been cancelled.🙁

Hopefully cruising will make a comeback sometime very soon..

We will all just have to savor the memories of past ones for now.

I have written and posted a few day by day cruise reports on CC in the past couple of years and honestly looking back at them and reliving the fun and excitement helps.. even for just a little. 🙂

• Like 3

They’re understaffed and releasing cancellations progressively and slowly. It is what it is and recently refunds have been processed for many guests, albeit that some are still having trouble.

Cruisers’ ill feelings toward cruise lines’ slowness in cancelling and particularly refunding has been apparent across many lines, so they’ll avoid cancelling bulk cruises all at once, so as not to be overwhelmed. So, they’ll soon announce cancellations through to July and we’ll get another wave of guests frustrated because their refunds are taking too long.

Because of the ongoing incidence of infections all over the world, allied with the debacles particularly of Diamond and Ruby Princess and the fact that airlines have planes sitting on runways going nowhere mean it’s a certainty that cruises will not go ahead in July.

If infection rates eventually significantly diminish, countries may signal timeframes for international tourism to resume but even then there’ll be other destination countries maintaining restrictions. In that scenario, any cruises that resume would necessarily have a quite different itinerary than what was planned for. Apart from those practical and logistical difficulties, the cruise lines have learned that it only takes one infected guest to get aboard and the result is disaster. As countries’ economic situations are now dictating that business return to as normal as possible, I don’t like the chances of significant reductions of infection rates. Put all this together and logic suggests there won’t be any cruises for months, at best.

So, when it’s our turn, we’ll all opt for the refund or FCC and wait.

• Like 3

Our flights have been cancelled and we read that Ireland will not open hotel bookings until August.  I have been watching too....july 6 looks cancelled.  Contacted our travel agent and she has not received anything official yet.  

Remember, at least for cruises from or to US Ports the NO SAIL Order is currently thru July 24,, 2020 with no sign of any change any time soon and that is close to the date where booking have stopped.  And, lots of ships still in US waters and lots of crew still trying to get home.

13 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

When is the next round of cancellations?  Tomorrow, on a Friday, right before a weekend?  It’s been about a month since the last round......

It was 16th April. I saw it on C.C when I had gone to bed( UK 5 hrs in front of EST).

We took the decision to cancel our Celebrity cruise the following day, because at that time I would have needed a ‘Fit to Sail’ Doctors letter and as the August 1st date of our cruise wasn't included, we cancelled, rather than pay Celebrity £5000.

7 hours ago, rallydave said:

Remember, at least for cruises from or to US Ports the NO SAIL Order is currently thru July 24,, 2020 with no sign of any change any time soon and that is close to the date where booking have stopped.  And, lots of ships still in US waters and lots of crew still trying to get home.

I know!  When are they going to get on with cancelling these cruises?  It is so wrong to have people dangling........

I see today that Italy is open for International travel effective June 3 and will not required the 14 day quarantine.   It would be a good time to travel if restaurants are open.   Italy is always so crowded in the summer, it should be less crowded this year.   If you were concerned about the “fit to sail” letter it is probably not the year for you to be traveling by sea or by air.

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I see today that Italy is open for International travel effective June 3 and will not required the 14 day quarantine.   It would be a good time to travel if restaurants are open.   Italy is always so crowded in the summer, it should be less crowded this year.   If you were concerned about the “fit to sail” letter it is probably not the year for you to be traveling by sea or by air.

The CLIA 'fit to sail' letter is old news – withdrawn by CLIA in April.  This news from Italy is wonderful:  if it doesn't lead to a dramatic resurgence, it will inspire the other EU countries that are dependent on tourism to open up as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

The article I read about Italy reopening says, "The measures are currently limited to residents in Europe's visa-free Schengen area, the government clarified later on Saturday".

"The measures are currently limited to residents in Europe's visa-free Schengen area, the government clarified later on Saturday".

So, most of the EU countries, not international visitors.

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The CLIA 'fit to sail' letter is old news – withdrawn by CLIA in April.  This news from Italy is wonderful:  if it doesn't lead to a dramatic resurgence, it will inspire the other EU countries that are dependent on tourism to open up as well.

It doesn’t fully open up Europe though, guests from other non Schengen countries still Can not enter. That cuts out 90%+ of cruisers. Our country is very dependent on tourism, it’s our third biggest industry after oil and spirits but we won’t be opening up for some time. We are rightly being cautious and the data doesn’t back it yet.  It’s not a case of needing inspiration it’s about not losing what you’ve paid so much for.  

• Like 2

Just had a look at the RCCL site and although the Azamara UK site has no bookable cruises before 26 July, RCCL has lots both from US ports to the Bahamas & Caribbean, but also others such as China and Japan on 12, 21 & 28 June & Singapore to Hong Kong on 23 June.

7 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Just had a look at the RCCL site and although the Azamara UK site has no bookable cruises before 26 July, RCCL has lots both from US ports to the Bahamas & Caribbean, but also others such as China and Japan on 12, 21 & 28 June & Singapore to Hong Kong on 23 June.

And that's how it's been on both RCI and Celebrity. It's only Azamara that has no cruises showing to book before Jul 26....hence my original post. I'm hoping for another announcement this week about cancellations. 

On 5/17/2020 at 10:29 AM, Azamarajunkie said:

All I can say is RCCL management must be living in ‘cloud cuckoo land’ 

It is a no win situation the cruise lines. If they were to announce cancellations from the current earliest sail date of 6/12 to say 9/30  then those who are waiting for the cruise line to announce the obvious would be happy, for a short time.

For Royal or Celebrity that would be 150+ Cancelled cruises for each. Using a low 1500 passengers per cruise that would be At least 225, 000 cancellations for each line ( Royal with its larger ships would be higher). If they announce that many cancellations at one once the time to receive a refund would grow from the approx 60 days to something around 120 days and the anger over the length of time to get refunds or FCCs would get even worse

• Like 5