Your Cruise Cancelled? REFUNDS?

My cruise was cancelled for a second time and I requested a refund this time. It has been 18 days since the request. I just called and asked why I have not received the refund. When I requested the refund I was told I will receive it back on my charge card in 7 to 10 days. Today I am told up to 45 days. Really! This is not a major cruise line needing to refund thousands upon thousands. Anyone else cancelled and waiting for a refund? I then booked on a Carnival cruise for 4 days out of Fort Lauderdale to Nassau, their island plus a sea day for only $20.00 more. I also get $50.00 OBC for owning Carnival stock plus I booked it with FCC for a cancelled Carnival cruise which also included $300.00 OBC It is for December this year. Now if only that does not get cancelled. I have two cruises prior to that one. First is September and then Halloween.

Hey, you beat me to it!  I canceled my cruise that was scheduled for June back at the end of March/beginning of April. She told me it would take up to 30 days to refund.  Its been well over 30 days and still waiting.  I opened a dispute with my credit card company.  I advise everyone else to do the same ASAP.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

My cruise was cancelled for a second time and I requested a refund this time. It has been 18 days since the request. I just called and asked why I have not received the refund. When I requested the refund I was told I will receive it back on my charge card in 7 to 10 days. Today I am told up to 45 days. Really! This is not a major cruise line needing to refund thousands upon thousands. Anyone else cancelled and waiting for a refund? I then booked on a Carnival cruise for 4 days out of Fort Lauderdale to Nassau, their island plus a sea day for only $20.00 more. I also get $50.00 OBC for owning Carnival stock plus I booked it with FCC for a cancelled Carnival cruise which also included $300.00 OBC It is for December this year. Now if only that does not get cancelled. I have two cruises prior to that one. First is September and then Halloween.

When were you supposed to sail with the BPCL?

20 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

When were you supposed to sail with the BPCL?

The first cancellation was when they decided to send the Grad Classica to get something done to it. Do not have the information on when that was. So I rebooked for June 16th when it was to resume cruising. So to compensate for that cancellation they offered the Admiralty dining included. Plus $20.00 OBC woop. Then they cancelled that cruise on April 28th. I asked for a refund the next day. So now they offered 125% as FCC. You cannot get another cruise with that. Not enough FCC. This was the last cruise. It was $119.00 Somehow it came out to $119.50

So 125% is only $149.00 and the cost now is $160.00 pp So $320.00 Carnival 4 night $348.00

Cruise OV    $238.50 
5 drink package    $20.00 
Package gratuity    $6.84 
Pre Paid Gratuities    $55.80 
Tax & Port Charge    $218.00 
PAID    $539.14 
OBC    $20.00 

Carnival 4 Night    
Cruise Cost     $348.00 
Port & Tax    $235.28 
Total    $583.28 
FCC OBC    $300.00 
Stock OBC    $50.00 
Total OBC    $350.00 

On 5/14/2020 at 3:10 PM, tennboy1981 said:

Hey, you beat me to it!  I canceled my cruise that was scheduled for June back at the end of March/beginning of April. She told me it would take up to 30 days to refund.  Its been well over 30 days and still waiting.  I opened a dispute with my credit card company.  I advise everyone else to do the same ASAP.

I am in the same predicament. My cruise cancelled on March 2nd and still haven't received my money back. Has it worked so far disputing with your credit card company?

Well they have a weekend sale. But they are not open. Second guest 50% off.  Free upgrade to ocean view cabin.10 Free drinks and $50.00 OBC.

Do not want to book online, you cannot get the room you want. Plus I wanted to know if I could change from a refund back to the 125% FCC Considering tomorrow is a holiday, I wonder if they will be open.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been waiting since March for a refund of $50 for a rsvp made in error by a rep...and a refund for the rescheduled trip that got canceled for July...im not getting any email responses and calls are just more 30 day lies...there needs to be a class action 

On 5/24/2020 at 1:58 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Well they have a weekend sale. But they are not open. Second guest 50% off.  Free upgrade to ocean view cabin.10 Free drinks and $50.00 OBC.

Do not want to book online, you cannot get the room you want. Plus I wanted to know if I could change from a refund back to the 125% FCC Considering tomorrow is a holiday, I wonder if they will be open.

the bad thing about online is no refund fee allowed

So fay Bank of America has not issued my refund nor has the cruise line. Call the cruise line and now was told it might be at least another month. So far 2 months. According to the person I talked to. They have not completed March refunds. Mine is from April 28. Bet that is nothing but what they are told to say. Usually the Bank does it in a few days. Issues the credit and then goes after the merchant.