When will you cruise again?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. When will you cruise again?

• Never. Too old or too much risk
    • Never due to the way Cunard has handled refunds
    • As soon as Cruising starts
    • Not until a vaccine or treatment is here
    • Not until late 2021
    • After I see a few cruises that stops at multiple ports go smoothly with no infections

Dubai airport will reopen to international visitors on 7 July. Visitors must be in possession of a negative Covid-19 certificate issued within 4 days of arrival.

The airport in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, has not confirmed an opening date. Road travel into and out of Abu Dhabi remains severly restricted.

No mention of when sea ports will open.

Dubai airport will reopen to international visitors on 7 July. Visitors must be in possession of a negative Covid-19 certificate issued within 4 days of arrival.

The airport in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, has not confirmed an opening date. Road travel into and out of Abu Dhabi remains severly restricted.

No mention of when sea ports will open.
Should be around mid October

We had to move our Northern Lights in November and decided upon another P1 Westbound TA in May 2021.

However, given the impact on global travel, the threat of a 2nd wave and for us the biggest issue being the impact on the Cunard experience, we will if req move this again (thank goodness for booking the Cunard fare!)

When I say the biggest issue being the impact on the Cunard Experience i'm talking about the "new normal" and what it looks like.

Would you want to wear a face mask whenever outside of your cabin, dressed in evening wear?

How about attempting to go for a pre-dinner Martini in a socially distant Commodore Club or Chart Room?

"Sorry Sir .. one couple out, one couple in policy but first the seats need to be anti-bac."

Not attempting to be flippant or sarcastic but these really impact on how the future of cruising looks like for guests.  

I just hope Cunard can ride this out or come up with some way of protecting its guests and its brand. 

Fingers crossed x 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:23 AM, BA001 said:

I just hope Cunard can ride this out or come up with some way of protecting its guests and its brand. 

Fingers crossed x 

Imagine no insurance.  That has got to be a deal killer for a lot of cruisers.  What insurance companies would continue to underwrite what looks to be a high risk proposition for passenger and the ship?  You think LLoyds is going to write insurance for business interruption for cruise lines and unexpected events anymore?  A lot of factors must have lost their shorts.