I just found an Alaska sailing on Quantum that the dates fit around a convention we have in Seattle, Sept 2021.  Itnerary is Seattle, Juneau, Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier, Sitka, Victoria, Seattle.  I would love to see Alaska but won't have the finances to do 14 day cruise/land tour.  So I figured a peek is better than none.  How do you like these ports?  Should I look for something to include Ketchikan, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Hubbard Glacier?  How is Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier?  Suggestions and opinions appreciated.  Thanks, Kaye

11 minutes ago, kayehall said:

I just found an Alaska sailing on Quantum that the dates fit around a convention we have in Seattle, Sept 2021.  Itnerary is Seattle, Juneau, Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier, Sitka, Victoria, Seattle.  I would love to see Alaska but won't have the finances to do 14 day cruise/land tour.  So I figured a peek is better than none.  How do you like these ports?  Should I look for something to include Ketchikan, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Hubbard Glacier?  How is Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier?  Suggestions and opinions appreciated.  Thanks, Kaye

Would this itinerary fit your schedule? When is convention,  easy drive from Seattle to Vancouver. (rent a car)

• Day 1: Vancouver
    • Wed Sep 15 2021 | Depart 04:30 PM
    • Day 2: At Sea
    • Thu Sep 16 2021 |
    • Day 3: Juneau
    • Fri Sep 17 2021 | 01:30 PM To 09:00 PM
    • Day 4: Skagway
    • Sat Sep 18 2021 | 06:00 AM To 08:30 PM
    • Day 5: Glacier Bay
    • Sun Sep 19 2021 | 07:00 AM To 03:30 PM
    • Day 6: Hubbard Glacier
    • Mon Sep 20 2021 | 07:00 AM To 01:00 PM
    • Day 7: Icy Strait Point
    • Tue Sep 21 2021 | 07:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 8: Sitka
    • Wed Sep 22 2021 | 07:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 9: Ketchikan
    • Thu Sep 23 2021 | 08:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 10: At Sea
    • Fri Sep 24 2021 |
    • Day 11: Vancouver
    • Sat Sep 25 2021 | Arrive 07:30 AM

Dates are good but I really want to stick to 7-day and SEA RT.  The convention will pay for us to fly in and out of SEA.  No car would be needed.  The convention is Sept 30-Oct 1.  It's a mechanical engineering convention held for college students.  So if we were to cruise Sep 20-27, that would be perfect.  Would give us 3 days free time in Sea.  Possible time for a day tour to Mt Rainer.  We may have enough Marriott points to cover 3 nights hotel.  And we would still have our summer camp open so getting back to NY to close, that is a must.  Thanks for looking!!!

13 minutes ago, kayehall said:

Dates are good but I really want to stick to 7-day and SEA RT.  The convention will pay for us to fly in and out of SEA.  No car would be needed.  The convention is Sept 30-Oct 1.  It's a mechanical engineering convention held for college students.  So if we were to cruise Sep 20-27, that would be perfect.  Would give us 3 days free time in Sea.  Possible time for a day tour to Mt Rainer.  We may have enough Marriott points to cover 3 nights hotel.  And we would still have our summer camp open so getting back to NY to close, that is a must.  Thanks for looking!!!

Take Norweigian Bliss,

1 more Port then other cruise Plus  Glacier Bay

• Day 1: Seattle, Wa
    • Sat Oct 02 2021 | Depart 05:00 PM
    • Day 2: day at sea
    • Sun Oct 03 2021 |
    • Day 3: Juneau, Ak
    • Mon Oct 04 2021 | 02:30 PM To 11:00 PM
    • Day 4: Skagway, Ak
    • Tue Oct 05 2021 | 07:00 AM To 08:15 PM
    • Day 5: Cruise Glacier Bay, Ak
    • Wed Oct 06 2021 |
    • Day 6: Ketchikan, Ak
    • Thu Oct 07 2021 | 07:00 AM To 01:15 PM
    • Day 7: Victoria, Bc, Canada
    • Fri Oct 08 2021 | 07:00 PM To 11:59 PM
    • Day 8: Seattle, Wa
    • Sat Oct 09 2021 | Arrive 06:00 AM

3 hours ago, kayehall said:

So I figured a peek is better than none. 

Jimbo has decent ideas.... however Bliss = horrible port times in Ketchikan and Victoria. Also Juneau is a late start (ie. by the time you debark and need to get back on the ship), could affect those who put a lot of importance into evening dinner and events on board. Quantum is an awesome ship for Alaska:

'

Sitka

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2661933-ovation-may-13-24-live-in-alaska-wlots-of-photos/page/14/?tab=comments#comment-57496553

Juneau

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2661933-ovation-may-13-24-live-in-alaska-wlots-of-photos/page/15/?tab=comments#comment-57505353

and 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2661933-ovation-may-13-24-live-in-alaska-wlots-of-photos/page/31/?tab=comments#comment-57570211

Endicott Arm/Dawes Glacier

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2661933-ovation-may-13-24-live-in-alaska-wlots-of-photos/page/32/?tab=comments#comment-57576853

Note, late in the season you may have issues getting all the way into the arm to the glacier due to the amount of ice that is in the arm after a warm summer. On the much smaller Rhapsody years ago we had to stop about 2/3 of the way in and did not get to go any further.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2020 at 8:02 AM, kayehall said:

Hi Kaye,

We loved Skagway (White Mountain Pass) Train Ride.  Also Glacier Bay is incredibly  awesome, and Ketchikan is so pretty and walkable.  We are cruising on the Quantum of the Seas in July, visiting most of the places that you currently are looking at.  I don’t think you could make a wrong choice, just see what fits your schedule (and pocketbook) the best.  If at all possible, DEFINITELY, get a Oceanview Balcony Cabin (even if you have to second-mortgage the hubby)!  😆

The ports on Quantum are all great Alaskan ports.  If you were making a once in a lifetime bucket list trip then there may be other itineraries that reach more of Alaska but for your stated goal, you are in Seattle at that time and want to attach a cruise to your trip then Quantum is a great solution.