Haven suite - Is butler service equal

My previous cruises have been on the smaller ships, Jewel and Dawn because we liked not having to make dinner or show reservations.  We have stayed in the owners suite and 2 bedroom suite.  Loved them and the service.  Our next cruise is in February of 2022 in a balcony.  I know I will change my reservation to a suite even though my husband says we don't need it because we are travelling alone.  He is spoiled and doesn't know it.  I am spoiled know and love it!!!!!  We are going on the Escape. If I book a Haven suite is there any advantage to having a stateroom on the 17 or 18th deck where the Haven is located.  Is the butler service and attentiveness the same no matter where the suite or type of suite.  I saw someone posted they  asked the butler for a in suite spa day where he would bring in samples from the spa.  Could this be possible?  If so I just died and went to heaven.

6 minutes ago, 15yearsandwaiting said:

We are going on the Escape. If I book a Haven suite is there any advantage to having a stateroom on the 17 or 18th deck where the Haven is located.

On deck 18, there is a possibility of early morning noise above as the loungers are put into position on the sundeck. Deck 17 is the better option. If you are going for an Owner's Suite or a Deluxe Owner's Suite on Escape, the balconies on deck 17 are deeper than the balconies on deck 18 for those 2 forward-facing suite types. 

8 minutes ago, 15yearsandwaiting said:

Is the butler service and attentiveness the same no matter where the suite or type of suite.

Yes. However, some butlers are better than others. They rotate their assigned area so it is luck of the draw if you will get a good one or a great one. 

Have been in a suite inside the Haven on deck 17 and in a suite outside the Haven on deck 14 (aft).  We saw no difference in butler service.  That said, in both situations, we asked very little of the butler.  Other than daily delivery of afternoon snacks and morning set up of light breakfast, we really didn't utilize the butler at all.  We made our reservations ahead of time in the cruise planner before we embarked.  Although I feel like our butler would have accommodated us more if we had asked, we just really aren't butler kinda of people.  Don't get me wrong...I love being spoiled in the Haven...

Escape was an awesome ship.  We loved her.  My only complaint was the Haven courtyard.  They opened the roof during the day and it was hot.  No breeze at all.  On Breakaway, the roof stayed shut all the time.  Much cooler and more pleasant.

11 hours ago, 15yearsandwaiting said:

My previous cruises have been on the smaller ships, Jewel and Dawn because we liked not having to make dinner or show reservations.  We have stayed in the owners suite and 2 bedroom suite.  Loved them and the service.  Our next cruise is in February of 2022 in a balcony.  I know I will change my reservation to a suite even though my husband says we don't need it because we are travelling alone.  He is spoiled and doesn't know it.  I am spoiled know and love it!!!!!  We are going on the Escape. If I book a Haven suite is there any advantage to having a stateroom on the 17 or 18th deck where the Haven is located.  Is the butler service and attentiveness the same no matter where the suite or type of suite.  I saw someone posted they  asked the butler for a in suite spa day where he would bring in samples from the spa.  Could this be possible?  If so I just died and went to heaven.

There really is no difference in service between 17 and 18.

Only about 1/2 of the Haven rooms are on 17 and 18. We stay in Haven rooms outside the Haven complex more often than within in the complex.(One of our outside the Haven complex cruises just got cancelled 😞).

You can always ask your butler to run a bath for you

image.thumb.png.8ba8c4196e562d4e91b76154a6d19848.png

image.thumb.png.c3694c65102ffe0f87e4aba111159a82.png

On the Escape, I preferred the 18th deck.    It was quieter in general.    

The 17th deck, right by the courtyard is really wild with kids coming and going all day.   That 17th deck is the hub of all haven activity.    

The 18th deck is right there in the Haven and really close to the courtyard but you don't get the little kids, in wet bathing suits running up and down the hallways to get to the courtyard.   You don't have parents yelling thru the hallways at their kids coming and going to the courtyard.    

I didn't notice any early morning deck chairs scraping across the upper decks.   Not like I did one cruise on the Jewel in a mini suite.   That was torture every morning at about 5am.   Scraping and banging deck chairs right over head.   It definitely wasn't like that on the 18th floor Escape.