Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Hi girls,  another Friday is here and I just want to say THANK YOU for all the kind words and encouraging

posts. I know we have gotten off topic with many things (considering nobody is cruising right now).

But I also know I have gone on about my health quite a bit.......it may get quite annoying and just

want to say a big THANK YOU. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lois, you are very welcome and I, for one have not found posting about your medical concerns to be annoying. I have seen so much kindness and so many helpful posts exchanged on this board that it is always enjoyable to check in and see what is happening. As for going off topic, I know I have also done that at times and you are right, since none of us can cruise right now, we have made the best of it and have found other things to talk about. Soon, I hope, our posts will again be full off fun details about our cruise adventures.

Sharon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely can get off topic!  If we’ve been able to help in the smallest way with your health issues (hey, we all have them) I’m glad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are here for you, Lois, and please know I have learned so much from reading your posts over the years that I would like to support you in any way I can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you DeeDee😀.....I have several Drs appts today and tomorrow.  Lets hope they all go well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for being willing to share with us, Lois.  I'm so glad that you are on the upswing now 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lois - at this time, I say we go off topic if we want.  It's how we are keeping our spirits up!   If we had to stay on-topic, I'd be the first one thrown off of CC.  We are a very small subset of CC and I love how we are communication, laughing, and taking care of each other. 

 

I know it's Monday, but I just wanted to say I'm totally behind you and will do what I can to support you!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you are going to make me cry...........(good tears).   

 

Well, I now have to do a stress test..........and that is 2 weeks from today.   Then I am having a colonoscopy.....have

to schedule it.😬.

 

Thank you all again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Lois - at this time, I say we go off topic if we want.  It's how we are keeping our spirits up!   If we had to stay on-topic, I'd be the first one thrown off of CC.  We are a very small subset of CC and I love how we are communication, laughing, and taking care of each other. 

 

I know it's Monday, but I just wanted to say I'm totally behind you and will do what I can to support you!!!

 

 

👍! Couldn’t agree more. Hopefully CC knows that we are maintaining our community and when the time comes, we will be back on topic because we will have cruise related things to talk about. 

 

Lois, it’s evident that you have lots of friends here on the  board. One never knows when the support of others will be needed and it’s nice to know that this is one place to find it.

 

Hang in there-it sounds like your doctors are going to get everything figured out so that they can make sure you stay healthy. I bet you are just really tired of all the appointments and tests, especially since they are all happening so close together. 

Sharon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 1:42 PM, Lois R said:

Now you are going to make me cry...........(good tears).   

 

Well, I now have to do a stress test..........and that is 2 weeks from today.   Then I am having a colonoscopy.....have

to schedule it.😬.

 

Thank you all again.

 

Take a deep breath and reflect on all the wonderful places you've been--and all the places that are still on your bucket list--as you are going through the colonoscopy, Lois!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DeeDee Groff said:

 

Take a deep breath and reflect on all the wonderful places you've been--and all the places that are still on your bucket list--as you are going through the colonoscopy, Lois!

Hi DeeDee,  my bucket list? I want to go down under.........been wanting to go to Australia and New Zealand for many 

years.🙂......maybe eventually I will get there but the way things are? I may not sail out of US for a long time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lois,

 

Wishing you all the best as well.  Good luck with the stress test.

 

Maria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geocruiser said:

Lois,

 

Wishing you all the best as well.  Good luck with the stress test.

 

Maria

Thank you😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dee Dee,  I am feeling very well, thank you so much for asking🙂.  My glucose numbers are showing up in a very

good range (I check my blood twice a day) and I am making sure I am drinking water throughout the day to keep

those kidneys and my body hydrated. 

 

That stress test I took a few weeks ago came back excellent and that colonoscopy? Dr said I looked fine in that

area too.  I have tried to keep my eating habits in a really good way ....seems like the hospital visit was a long

time ago😲.....but then again,  it wasn't really.....I was released on May 2nd.......hoping my body is healing now

like it is supposed to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the update, and it is a relief to know all is going well for you, Lois!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lois, I have been following your lovely posts over the years, and more recently your health issues. I thought it high time that I pop in to say hello and that I too am very pleased that things seem to be going better for you. I hope that you continue to heal and that you get to continue your travels. 💖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kiwis Afloat said:

Hi Lois, I have been following your lovely posts over the years, and more recently your health issues. I thought it high time that I pop in to say hello and that I too am very pleased that things seem to be going better for you. I hope that you continue to heal and that you get to continue your travels. 💖

Good morning........thank you so much for the kind words and thoughts.🙂 I appreciate them.  By the screen name,

should I guess you are from New Zealand? I want to visit your country so much!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are welcome. Yes, it's a bit of a give away, isn't it? 😁We've visited your country a few times over the years. We've done a couple of cruises in the Caribbean, but we love your wonderful national parks. 💖💖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kiwis Afloat said:

You are welcome. Yes, it's a bit of a give away, isn't it? 😁We've visited your country a few times over the years. We've done a couple of cruises in the Caribbean, but we love your wonderful national parks. 💖💖

Well, right now, you don't want to even think about coming here.....😲 and it may be a while before it will be safe

as the virus is spiraling out of control..........👎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2020 at 10:41 PM, Lois R said:

Well, right now, you don't want to even think about coming here.....😲 and it may be a while before it will be safe

as the virus is spiraling out of control..........👎

 

Stay safe, Lois!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...