Jump to content

Banned for filing a claim with your Credit Card Co?


dag144
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, capriccio said:

 

It isn't a problem with their accounting system.  Rather it is a problem of lack of cash flow.

After reading this thread (and others on this topic) I have to really consider if cash flow isn't the largest issue right now. I don't know the internal financials of any cruise line but with the top line virtually cut off for now I don't know where the $$'s would come from. NCL obviously got a nice infusion from a big investor but I haven't heard of anything like that happening for Carnival Corporation.... but I've been wrong before. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, joepeka said:

After reading this thread (and others on this topic) I have to really consider if cash flow isn't the largest issue right now. I don't know the internal financials of any cruise line but with the top line virtually cut off for now I don't know where the $$'s would come from. NCL obviously got a nice infusion from a big investor but I haven't heard of anything like that happening for Carnival Corporation.... but I've been wrong before. 

RCL and CCL both got large investments before NCL did.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, joepeka said:

After reading this thread (and others on this topic) I have to really consider if cash flow isn't the largest issue right now. I don't know the internal financials of any cruise line but with the top line virtually cut off for now I don't know where the $$'s would come from. NCL obviously got a nice infusion from a big investor but I haven't heard of anything like that happening for Carnival Corporation.... but I've been wrong before. 

Carnival corporation got a huge investment from Saudi Arabia.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Coral said:

RCL and CCL both got large investments before NCL did.

 

58 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Carnival corporation got a huge investment from Saudi Arabia.

 

49 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Alrightey.... like I mention, I've been wrong before and here's another example. Thank you for the info! 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I spoke to my credit card company and they said you have to dispute within 60 days. So, we paid in full in January so they were not sure if we could dispute

It has been mentioned in other threads that whilstthe 60 days in usual for a purchase of a product/item

if you make it clear to them that it is for a service the claim can sometimes ( depending on the card)

be made from the date the service should have been provided not from the date of purchase.

At least I think that was what they were saying. 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dog said:


 

ALERT:  heresay Princess:

So far I have seen posted that a PVP and a wedding planner have been let go

I personally know a number of land-based employees that have been let go (mainly Alaska/seasonal) and two work-from-home PVPs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oceanlovinmama said:

You know.....people are cruel.  Look at you.  Being a big bully and all.  I'm just saying to be patient with these cruise lines.  I've not heard of one refund going over 90 days.  They are coming in around 60 or so.  These are unprecedented times, those times call for different measures.  I bet when the price goes down,  you demand they do that immediately, or you want that on board credit they promised  you to show up NOW on your account.  It's different when it's the other way around isn't it?  All I was saying is to think of your TA IF you used one and to be patient with the cruise lines.  Wow....that is all.

 

2 hours ago, oceanlovinmama said:

I just think if they have said they will give you your money back, they will.  Call me naïve but I trust them.  I've been doing this a long time and for the most part these companies, at least, Royal, Celebrity and Princess are great suppliers to work with.  Just give them 90 days....if they can't deliver by then, then by all means do a chargeback.

 

The problem is that they have not kept their word on anything so far so people seem to be over "I will give them a break" and be patient.

 

They have not backed up ANYTHING they have said or emailed up to this date....enough is enough!!  Only route now is to just give in and do nothing or ask a credit card company bank to go to bat for me....BATTER UP!

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, oceanlovinmama said:

I've not heard of one refund going over 90 days. 

 

Of course you haven't - Princess didn't cancel anything until 60-odd days ago. It's impossible for a refund to have gone over 90 days as of this moment. What do you think is significant about 90 days? If they had the cash to pay out refunds as promised, it wouldn't have taken them this long to do it. It's not going to magically materialize in the next 30 days.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PurpleUnicorns said:

If they had the cash to pay out refunds as promised, it wouldn't have taken them this long to do it. It's not going to magically materialize in the next 30 days.

 

They do have the cash, they just don't want to use it for refunds.  CCL took $3 Billion from an established credit line and an additional $6 Billion from multiple sources, primarily debt at 12% interest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, joepeka said:

After reading this thread (and others on this topic) I have to really consider if cash flow isn't the largest issue right now. I don't know the internal financials of any cruise line but with the top line virtually cut off for now I don't know where the $$'s would come from. NCL obviously got a nice infusion from a big investor but I haven't heard of anything like that happening for Carnival Corporation.... but I've been wrong before. 

CCL raised 6.25 billion in a similar bond and stock offering a few weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Helped by the fed only to the degree that the fed stopped the bond market from locking up which then allowed many companies to float bond offerings.  It was nothing aimed at CCL and the other cruise lines.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been very patient, however I was one of the first wave of cruises canceled in March. Yet here I am still waiting for over 3 grand to go back on my CC.

My patience is now wearing very, very thin.

If I'm waiting this long, how long are cruises cancelled after me waiting?????????????? Getting ridiculous.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am also waiting on a refund for a March cruise and a June cruise.  I have received FCC and an email saying March cruise is cancelled and penalty "nil"

I am wondering if they are waiting to process the refunds because of some US tax filing or share form that is due soon.  Maybe they need the cash to still show up in their account to make the figures look better?  Or maybe the cash that they raised is not actually in their bank account yet. 

If so, I just wish they would tell us an actual day they will begin sending refunds - this lack of communication is disappointing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2020 at 6:40 PM, oceanlovinmama said:

Wrong....you should be though.  They have promised you your money back, but you aren’t giving them the time to follow through.  Do you know how many people they are dealing with, and with a reduced staff? Give them a break...but my agency may not allow us to do business with clients who do this.  It takes away any protected commission and technically the supplier(cruiseline) could come after us for payment.  It’s a huge headache for people who can’t be understanding and patient.  


Im sure most people are understanding........definitely, at first, people were very understanding and supportive and also prepared to be patient.

But when does patience run out in your book?   3 months? 6 months? A year?
How long is reasonable to wait for a refund?

As far as I can see......there does not seem to be a progression of refunds happening.   Its at a standstill.
Noone seems to be getting anything.

If people could see .......'Ahhh, we are up to the end of March refunds now......April next'  and can see people posting  "Yes, I got my refund today for cruise on 1st April"   then perhaps there would be some faith.

But since March 12th, there doesnt seem to have been anyone refunded at all and that leads to frustration and disbelief.

Dont tell us "Your refund will be with you in 30 days"
Then change it to "Your refund will be with you in 60 days".....
Now 60 days is past.....and we are being told........."Your refund will be with you in 90 days"

And still people in March are waiting for refunds.

Enough is enough.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, FiftyOnePlus said:


Im sure most people are understanding........definitely, at first, people were very understanding and supportive and also prepared to be patient.

But when does patience run out in your book?   3 months? 6 months? A year?
How long is reasonable to wait for a refund?

As far as I can see......there does not seem to be a progression of refunds happening.   Its at a standstill.
Noone seems to be getting anything.

If people could see .......'Ahhh, we are up to the end of March refunds now......April next'  and can see people posting  "Yes, I got my refund today for cruise on 1st April"   then perhaps there would be some faith.

But since March 12th, there doesnt seem to have been anyone refunded at all and that leads to frustration and disbelief.

Dont tell us "Your refund will be with you in 30 days"
Then change it to "Your refund will be with you in 60 days".....
Now 60 days is past.....and we are being told........."Your refund will be with you in 90 days"

And still people in March are waiting for refunds.

Enough is enough.

I agree there.  I don’t think they had a clue to the amount of refunds that were going to be requested. They should have stared on the high side, then if you received it earlier, great.  I do know a client who was suppose to sail May 6 th received her refund with Celebrity.  I know the first rounds of refunds I did with NCL and Royal and Princess have all been received...60 days is fair, I think given the number of returns, 75 maybe, but then it is getting in the ‘this has been long enough’ phase.  Then I’d say do what you need to do...a chargeback, a letter from an attorney..sometimes if there is a clear monetary need I will reach out to my sales rep to see what, if anything, they can do.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, oceanlovinmama said:

 Then I’d say do what you need to do...a chargeback, a letter from an attorney..sometimes if there is a clear monetary need I will reach out to my sales rep to see what, if anything, they can do.  

You expect your clients to explain to you that they have  "clear monetary need" before you will go to bat for then?

 

Unbelievable 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, indygirl99 said:

You expect your clients to explain to you that they have  "clear monetary need" before you will go to bat for then?

 

Unbelievable 

You read into whatever you want..maybe I used the wrong words...jeez......I just said I give them all their options...when it seems like we are at the end of the line I reach out....if they’re asking me to...I don’t abuse the relationship with my business manager, but I will reach out after all other avenues have been exhausted.  Some clients are a lot  more patient than others, or perhaps I should say, not in dire need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2020 at 1:40 PM, oceanlovinmama said:

Wrong....you should be though.  They have promised you your money back, but you aren’t giving them the time to follow through.  Do you know how many people they are dealing with, and with a reduced staff? Give them a break...but my agency may not allow us to do business with clients who do this.  It takes away any protected commission and technically the supplier(cruiseline) could come after us for payment.  It’s a huge headache for people who can’t be understanding and patient.  


    "They have promised you your money back, but you aren’t giving them the time to follow through."  Actually, 20 days is more than plenty for them to follow through. Their business failings are not the customers' responsibility.

    "Do you know how many people they are dealing with, and with a reduced staff?" Carnival corporate's executives decided to reduce the staff. Also not the customers' responsibility. 

    When Donald and Swartz send back their 2019 bonuses to hire a fleet of accounting/data temps to expedite refunds, perhaps Princess will have a case to make. Until then, it's behaving like a deadbeat fly-by-night paving contractor ... the kinds that never has a Better Business Bureau rating or an actual office, just a website and a P.O. box.

    Meanwhile, the first line of this post should permanently stay in the mind of every CC member:  "Wrong....you should be though."    It explains precisely where the loyalties lie ... and should be a blinding red warning light whenever anyone is looking for a TA in the future.

Edited by EscapeFromConnecticut
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:


    

    Meanwhile, the first line of this post should permanently stay in the mind of every CC member:  "Wrong....you should be though."    It explains precisely where the loyalties lie ... and should be a blinding red warning light whenever anyone is looking for a TA in the future.

 

I expected my TA - a big online agency - to go to bat for me.  Of course they did not, just kept saying words to the effect that "Carnival is strong and they are the parent company of Princess" "be patient" etc.   I finally filed a dispute.

 

The only thing is:  people who booked directly through Princess do not seem to be getting refunds any quicker.  So, what do we do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our Princess 60 days are up June 13th so we will wait till then but that's all they get.

Our Cunard cruise has been 65 days so I filled with the Credit Card company at the 62 mark.

I consider that very fair.  Our two TA's have done nothing for us. One sent the "party line" e.mail with the " so many refunds" excuse. The other has not contacted us at all--that's the Cunard..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...