Cruise Critic Community
SouthLyonCruiser

My on the delay in cancelling cruises

This is just speculation on my part but NCL may be officially cancelling cruises slowly for two reasons; one, hoping that people will cancel themselves and only get a 100% fcc; two, trying to keep up with fccs and refunds that come when NCL themselves cancels.

Speculation or agreeing with the 2,343,838,294,138,395,194,843,834,938 threads / posts that are theorizing the same thing along with 4,878,877,876,222,343 other different reasons.

Maybe the topic could be looked at from the other angle...

What would be the business reason for NCL (or any other line) to rush to cancel? Cancel now, cancel later...whats the difference? I mean, why not wait? If you cancel too early...you really can't then turn around and "un-cancel".

Or look at it this way...there are a number of threads here featuring people who made the decision to cancel and take the 100% FCC only to find out that later on NCL cancelled their cruise and offered either a 125% FCC or a 100% refund. Without exception, those posters are griping because they now see they could have waited and got a more desirable (to them) offer. Too bad, though...you cancelled too soon. Quite possibly NCL is trying to avoid the same predicament.

Yes, those are legitimate theories but like the other poster said it’s been expressed in detail by others 5000 times already that figured those were the reasons too. 

15 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Speculation or agreeing with the 2,343,838,294,138,395,194,843,834,938 threads / posts that are theorizing the same thing along with 4,878,877,876,222,343 other different reasons.

have you actually read them all if youve taken the time to countthem

22 hours ago, esm54687 said:

I hope you enjoyed castigating me. Everyone needs a hobby enjoy yours.

3 hours ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

I hope you enjoyed castigating me. Everyone needs a hobby enjoy yours.

Really?? Did you have an assignment to use "castigating" in a sentence today??

There are a gazillion threads about NCL and canceling cruises, delayed refunds, credit card disputes, etc and I found it funny that you did your very own "speculation" that was already posted by others

I liken it to someone involved in a conversation about having pizza for dinner and then 20 minutes later they suggest pizza for dinner as if it's an original idea. 

That's all.... no castigating being done. 

11 hours ago, complawyer said:

have you actually read them all if youve taken the time to countthem

I rounded up to the nearest 100

On 5/18/2020 at 11:16 AM, esm54687 said:

Really?? Did you have an assignment to use "castigating" in a sentence today??

There are a gazillion threads about NCL and canceling cruises, delayed refunds, credit card disputes, etc and I found it funny that you did your very own "speculation" that was already posted by others

I liken it to someone involved in a conversation about having pizza for dinner and then 20 minutes later they suggest pizza for dinner as if it's an original idea. 

That's all.... no castigating being done. 

You really need a hobby.

1 minute ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

You really need a hobby.

Make a deal....

I get a hobby if you get an original thought. 

On 5/19/2020 at 12:52 PM, esm54687 said:

Make a deal....

I get a hobby if you get an original thought. 

OUCH, you seem to be a really intolerant, bitter person. No need to reply, this site is about cruising, not your personal criticisms.

23 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

OUCH, you seem to be a really intolerant, bitter person. No need to reply, this site is about cruising, not your personal criticisms.

I'm guessing here that you don't consider calling someone "intolerant" and "bitter" to be personal criticism, right?

...asking for a friend.

20 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

Yet,  you decide to personally attack me multiple times....   smh

I only mentioned the fact your "original" speculation had been talked about ad nauseum prior to your post..... and my observation was actually agreed upon by others. 

1 hour ago, esm54687 said:

Yet,  you decide to personally attack me multiple times....   smh

I only mentioned the fact your "original" speculation had been talked about ad nauseum prior to your post..... and my observation was actually agreed upon by others. 

Oh come on cruise critic, please make it possible for us folks to pass over threads we are not interested in or have seen discussed before!  Please please for the love of god! Make our lives so much easier.  Oh wait, never mind.  I think there is a way after all. Sorry my bad.