How will you change how you pack?

summer slope

On 5/18/2020 at 8:48 AM, JimnKaren said:

During muster drill, I always cringe when they state that we should not take any luggage with us in case of emergency. Wait a sec! If I take my meds with me, I will need luggage! This getting old stuff sux!

Jim

We usually only take a few extra days of prescriptions but we might take two weeks extra now considering the people who got extra long cruises this year.

• Thanks 1

I like long cruises, Southwest Airlines and the freedom to overpack.  (I pack very light for other types of travel). I think I will be changing to lighter packing.  The Cruise Maven recently speculated that cruisers will have to do their own luggage handling for at least the near future 

https://cruisemaven.com/what-the-future-of-cruising-could-look-like/

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2020 at 3:54 PM, JeffElizabeth said:

We usually only take a few extra days of prescriptions but we might take two weeks extra now considering the people who got extra long cruises this year.

In the past I only packed 1 day extra prescriptions, in the future I will pack at least two weeks worth and more if I can fit in in my carry-on. 

• Like 2

Packing probably won't change too much. For prescription meds I always pack 2x the length of the cruise or 28 days, which ever is greater. Will definitely be adding in masks,  additional hand sanitizer and wipes. In addition to the normal 3-4 little carry bottles we will add a bigger bottle for refilling the smalls. Clothes won't change much. We already take advantage of laundry onboard and the DW really can't cut down on the number shoes due to her feet issues. 

I won't change much.  2 bags, but one of them is carry-on that has all essentials, and is the one I carry off at disembarkation.  I hated trying to get everything out in the hallway the night before.  The checked bag I can survive without if something negative happens.

I used to send everything to the laundry before the cruise.  No more.  It was too difficult to pack without wrinkles, so now I stuff it in and first thing I do is unpack and send to laundry,  No wrinkles on my cruise and not really that much extra cost vs. easy packing... everything comes back on hangers!.

Like most everyone, I'll pack more sanitation supplies, but really I trust the ship crew and soap, water and towels do a lot.  Of course, max out on meds.  I now have a new description of "what if" but that's okay... it all goes in the same two bags, + backpack.  Oh... and the carry-on bag converts to a backpack.  Always has.

Edited by Kenito