If your cruise was cancelled and you took the 125% then applied it it to a new cruise and the FCC covered the whole cost of the new cruise and there are subsequent price drops both pre and post final payment, how is this handled? If the new cruise is cancelled what happens?

England might be different. I paid cash deposit and was advised to wait to apply fcc, because once it was paid in full by fcc i wouldnt get price drops. Ourusualbeach beach is the resident guru and will know for sure but I'd be surprised if you got price drops if you paid only with a fcc.

If the new cruise is cancelled they give you back the fcc just as it was. No extra. 125% on any cash you paid over and above the fcc. Fees and taxes are refunded.

If the fcc exceeded the cost of the cruise they will issue you a new fcc for the remainder here.

Did you book out of the usa?

21 minutes ago, Ms Jo UK said:

If your cruise was cancelled and you took the 125% then applied it it to a new cruise and the FCC covered the whole cost of the new cruise and there are subsequent price drops both pre and post final payment, how is this handled? If the new cruise is cancelled what happens?

If you know the original price you should be able to call and get The price lowered resulting in more FCC Being left over to be reissued as a new FCC once the cruise is complete 

if the cruise is cancelled any FCC that had already been applied is just reissued at the  same amount as it was applied. (You do not get 125% on top of 125%).  Any cash that was paid towards the cruise fare is issued at 125% and the original fcc and new fcc are combined into one new fcc.

It gets really confusing Ms Jo when you have a FCC applied. If there are price drops, you will have to firm, note the original price and ask them to dig a little deeper when you request the drop. At least with the customer service reps, they don't see the FCC, and they will look at the amount you actually paid and tell you there is not a price drop.  

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

It gets really confusing Ms Jo when you have a FCC applied. If there are price drops, you will have to firm, note the original price and ask them to dig a little deeper when you request the drop. At least with the customer service reps, they don't see the FCC, and they will look at the amount you actually paid and tell you there is not a price drop.  

Ditto this!!!

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Ditto this!!!

To add unless things have changed when they apply your FCC they don't just apply it as a dollar amount credit towards your cruise fare.  Instead they manipulate your cruise fare to reflect the FCC. 

I have not ever used a FCC, and this is confusing.  Why would I not know what I originally paid?  If my FCC is for more than is due, is the excess kept by Royal?

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have not ever used a FCC, and this is confusing.  Why would I not know what I originally paid?  If my FCC is for more than is due, is the excess kept by Royal?

No; when your cruise is completed you will receive a new FCC for the residual amount left to use on another cruise. It has the same use by date of Apr 2022.

What you pay and what the fare is could be 2 different things: My TA may discount a fare for me so I always have a record of what the true original price was.   Or if you have the 340 single supplement applied then it is tricky to calculate what the original base fare was. 

Edited by little britain
8 minutes ago, little britain said:

No; when your cruise is completed you will receive a new FCC for the residual amount left to use on another cruise. It has the same use by date of Apr 2022.

What you pay and what the fare is could be 2 different things: My TA may discount a fare for me so I always have a record of what the true original price was.   Or if you have the 340 single supplement applied then it is tricky to calculate what the original base fare was. 

I should receive a FCC in the amount of $787 once my July 6 cruise is cancelled.  I want to apply it to a cruise that is $614.  I have already paid the $200 deposit, the balance is $414.  I will add prepaid gratuities before applying the FCC so I can use the FCC for the port fees/taxes.  The FCC would be used for the $414, and after I return on October 3, I will have a FCC balance of $373.  I have another cruise in December with a final payment date of October 3, the date I return from the previous cruise.  Since I won’t physically have a FCC on that date, is there any way I will be able to use it for that cruise?  Is so, that cruise has a balance of $372 (I will add prepaid gratuities to that one, also, so the FCC can be used for port fees/taxes).  

Do I understand all of this correctly?  And if I do, didn’t the math work out beautifully?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I should receive a FCC in the amount of $787 once my July 6 cruise is cancelled.  I want to apply it to a cruise that is $614.  I have already paid the $200 deposit, the balance is $414.  I will add prepaid gratuities before applying the FCC so I can use the FCC for the port fees/taxes.  The FCC would be used for the $414, and after I return on October 3, I will have a FCC balance of $373.  I have another cruise in December with a final payment date of October 3, the date I return from the previous cruise.  Since I won’t physically have a FCC on that date, is there any way I will be able to use it for that cruise?  Is so, that cruise has a balance of $372 (I will add prepaid gratuities to that one, also, so the FCC can be used for port fees/taxes).  

Do I understand all of this correctly?  And if I do, didn’t the math work out beautifully?

I worked through this exact scenario for a client and it wasn’t going to work.  Because the cruise will be arriving the same day as final is due they won’t have the new FCC available to apply. Royal told me  you need to have At least 3 weeks between the time your first cruise returns and the final payment of you next cruise in order to get the Residual fcc applied.

the only thing you could do is try to call them and get them to apply it to both cruises at once because of this situation. 

for your cruise of $614.  You cannot use the FCC to cover port fees and taxes or prepaid gratuities.  If those were over $200 (your deposit that you paid in cash) then any port fees taxes and prepaid gratuities beyond the $200 would have to be paid in cash before your FCC could be applied. 

as an example.  If your port fees taxes and prepaid gratuities came to $300 you would have to pay another $100 and you could use up $314 of your FCC. 

if your port fees taxes and prepaid gratuities came to $200 o4 less then you can use the fcc to cover $414. 

in any case the port fees and taxes as well as PPG must be paid in cash (can be applied from the deposit)

Edited by Ourusualbeach
10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've seen posts to use them for prepaid gratuities but seems like if I prepay they charge my card right away. I couldnt see how I could do it.

PPG are not paid until final payment unless you ask them to be paid earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

PPG are not paid until final payment unless you ask them to be paid earlier. 

Thanks, maybe it was things like drinks or excursions I noticed my card was charged immediately 

Just now, firefly333 said:

Thanks, maybe it was things like drinks or excursions I noticed my card was charged immediately 

Drinks and excursions As well as all cruise planner purchases do get charged immediately.  PPG and insurance are done through the invoice and just get added and paid at final payment. 

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Drinks and excursions As well as all cruise planner purchases do get charged immediately.  PPG and insurance are done through the invoice and just get added and paid at final payment. 

As I said I'm learning a lot, thanks

1 hour ago, little britain said:

What you pay and what the fare is could be 2 different things: My TA may discount a fare for me so I always have a record of what the true original price was.   Or if you have the 340 single supplement applied then it is tricky to calculate what the original base fare was. 

Could you clarify the April, 2022.  Is this a new announced date rather than Dec. 31, 2021.

I thought I read in one of the posts is that if the fcc value is larger than the new fare the difference was issued in OBCs.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Could you clarify the April, 2022.  Is this a new announced date rather than Dec. 31, 2021.

I thought I read in one of the posts is that if the fcc value is larger than the new fare the difference was issued in OBCs.

That's carnival who gives obc for left over amounts of fcc. So much easier lol. But rcl issues a new fcc for residual.

Not sure which policy you are referring to, but rcl has been pushing out the dates. I just got a email yesterday with another new option for those who couldnt lift and shift. I can see it's possible it might extend into 2022. Ourusualbeach will have exact dates.

20200517_161123728.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
10 minutes ago, nelblu said:

That is a sail by date.  The first 2 rounds of FCC had an apply by date of Dec 31, 2021.  The last round of FCC had an apply by date of Dec 31 2020

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is a sail by date.  The first 2 rounds of FCC had an apply by date of Dec 31, 2021.  The last round of FCC had an apply by date of Dec 31 2020

I wish they would make these dates consistent.  My feeling is that those dates will be pushed further out in light of ships sailing partial or half full.  Also, we have a party of 9 and the impact of social distancing, will it be based on some form of lottery.  Therefore, if we can't sail together, I wonde  what our options will be.

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's carnival who gives obc for left over amounts of fcc. So much easier lol. But rcl issues a new fcc for residual.

Not sure which policy you are referring to, but rcl has been pushing out the dates. I just got a email yesterday with another new option for those who couldnt lift and shift. I can see it's possible it might extend into 2022. Ourusualbeach will have exact dates.

20200517_161123728.jpeg

Well according to that you could cancel your cruise for as far out as say 10th April 2022 and u would get a credit to cruise by 10th April 2023

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I wish they would make these dates consistent.  My feeling is that those dates will be pushed further out in light of ships sailing partial or half full.  Also, we have a party of 9 and the impact of social distancing, will it be based on some form of lottery.  Therefore, if we can't sail together, I wonder  what our options will be.

I don't see any restrictions on a party of 9 sailing together unless those are restrictions imposed by your state.

The use by date goes to April 2022.  Unless this no sailing goes well into next year I don't see that it will be extended

Just when I thought I understood it... I don’t.  It has become a bit of a pain to keep track of refunds due and the status of transferred third party insurance, and I don’t want the mysteries of FCCs added to the mix.   My only other Royal cruise with a balance is the Oasis in March 2022.   I don’t think I want to keep track of a FCC for that long, never really understanding how much is left and how much of that can actually be used.  I give up, it looks like a refund will be best for me.  I will at least know how much is due at some point in the future, hopefully only sixty days.

Thank you for all of the information and help.  At least it has convinced me that a FCC would just be an aggravation I don’t need 😄