Current Crew Conditions Onboard Celebrity

Desert Diamond

On 5/19/2020 at 10:36 PM, julia said:

As a seasoned cruiser, and long time member of Cruise Critic, I am shocked and saddened by the lack of outrage here for these crew members!!  Regardless of their ethnicity and their country of repatriation...

THEY ARE CONSTANTLY BEING LIED TO BY THIER EMPLOYER!!

Pure and simple.  Lies upon lies upon lies!  Read the entire article.  It is absolutely disgusting, and there is no end to the lying.  Celebrity used the CDC as a "crutch" to not remove crew.  I GET that other countries are denying repatriation, but STOP LYING TO YOUR CREW!!

Were you on the ship?  How do you know they were lied to?  I try to look at the whole picture and not believe everything I read in the newspaper or see on TV.  I find it difficult to believe the crew members were DELIBERATELY lied to.

• Like 1

Heard from a crew member who is still aboard Millennium. She reports that all is well and the crew has become much closer. She is now meeting many from different departments. Crew in passenger cabins and they are not sharing. Thinks that she has been treated well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orator said:

Heard from a crew member who is still aboard Millennium. She reports that all is well and the crew has become much closer. She is now meeting many from different departments. Crew in passenger cabins and they are not sharing. Thinks that she has been treated well

Charles, just curious what’s her position is on the Millennium?

Edited by Oville

There were pictures of some UK staff arriving back at Heathrow- Celebrity chartered a plane to bring them home, rather than sail them, which originally was going to be an option. I believe they were taken off in Miami after vigorous testing, then taken straight to the tarmac and onto the plane.

Needless to say once back here, the pictures showed them being met and hugged by family, and then able to make their own way home!