Marine Traffic shows Pursuit heading to Glasgow

suzyluvs2cruise

On 6/1/2020 at 9:09 AM, uktog said:

Quest is heading to the Suez Canal.  An officer on Journey indicated they too are slowly heading to Glasgow.  There are three anchorages at George V dock on the Upper Clyde accessible only to smaller vessels.  My guess is Azamara may well have contracted for all three.

As for cruises in the Autumn, I think for older guests and those with underlying health conditions even if airlines are running, ships are sailing and borders are fully open, in the absence of a reliable vaccine, holidays involving international travel are high risk.  
If I had to face that decision and was in that category I’d just accept despite all the frustrations, home is the place to be this year. 

Interesting, didn't know this....perhaps Az will reschedule their cruises and use Glasgow as its' home port for a time when cruising restarts! Round the British isles, or a rush to the Canaries if a restart later in the year!

All three Azamara ships will be moored on the Clyde in Glasgow.  Minimum crews (40) each ship and one captain in charge of all three.  With Pullmantur's announced restructuring and all but scrapping its 3-4 ships, this doesn't bode well for Azamara and its 20-year old ships as RCI looks to cut losses going forward.  Loved sailing on Quest and Journey.  Great crews.  Sad.

Edited by Ride-The-Waves

1 minute ago, BigAl94 said:

Looks like they missed a turn to Starboard!!Azamara.thumb.jpg.b0401e34f5d30f41b3b6d1856e426c09.jpg

Glasgow is incredibly strict about timings entering the Clyde estuary.  My guess is they got there too early and have to wait for their allocated time to move over to the channel

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fowlisbabe said:

Interesting.  Looks like now arriving Glasgow early tomorrow morning. Seems odd to sail North, South then North again!

It's the airline equivalent of circling, that's all. 😉

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dayrate said:

Journey is now berthed in King George V dock together with Quest and Pursuit.

JR and PR will be in cold and QS in hot layup.

Just wondering your source for this information?  A cold lay up has implications of getting the ship back in service. If true it is depressing. 

Phil 

It would certainly be nice if people who are going to post status updates about the future of ships or a cruise line would provide a source for their information. Right now the last thing we need are so called experts who think that they know what is going to happen but  with no known source. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

It would certainly be nice if people who are going to post status updates about the future of ships or a cruise line would provide a source for their information. Right now the last thing we need are so called experts who think that they know what is going to happen but  with no known source. 

Hear, hear. 😁 

• Like 1

Newspaper coverage of the arrival with video
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18538338.third-cruise-ship-azamara-journey-docks-river-clyde/

Staff onboard are saying they will there for a few weeks to prepare the ship for its layover.  It would be good if we could hear more from the official channels, if it’s a cold layover be honest, better to get the news out officially because the Glasgow tittle tattle (a local pastime) will out you very quickly.  If it’s not a cold layover, people can push back the gossips and help you.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just wondering your source for this information?  A cold lay up has implications of getting the ship back in service. If true it is depressing. 

Phil 

My source is an Azamara captain, so I consider it reasonably reliable.