Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
minidonuts85

Latest Windstar Fleet Redeployment Plan

Recommended Posts

There goes our November cruise on the Wind Star 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Cruise on the Star Pride in February 2021 was also affected.  I called customer service, letters are going out today about options.  They did not have any further information.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, our October 15 on the Legend just evaporated.  Not possible to sail Windstar in 2021 as we are already booked on Oceania and Regent.  Someday, we will sail again on the Legend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks Mini!

Well in the short term sure looks like this is a positive development for us with Spirit cruises in 2021. Unless I want to be a pessimist and worry about what this could mean if it goes badly.....

But wow, thanks for the post.

And everybody get your cheap Wind Spirit Tahiti cruises for 2021 before WS withdraws the prices!

Edited by Petoonya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Northern Japan cruise for next April was cancelled, all Asia, New Zealand Australia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was booked on the Star Breeze for two cruises in April. That cruise was cancelled so we moved to same cruises in June but those were cancelled, July Alaska also cancelled. Now January Miami to Colon also cancelled. 6 cancellations. My FFC and refunds are so messed up I have no idea what I will ever get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Our B2B Star Pride cruise in June cancelled. Our back up cruise, since we were planning on cancelling the Pride trip,  for this December also gone. It was a round trip out of Miami, no flying involved. 😥

Now I'm not sure what to do.

Edited by put me on a ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Panama Canal January cruise cancelled so we considered the Twice Tahiti great deal on February 22 as a very nice replacement but concerned about that being the peak of the rainy season, 40% chance of rain there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put Me On A Ship, in the words of the great jazz vocalist Bobby McFerrin : Don’t worry, be happy! My July 4th 2021 cruise on the Pride has been cancelled, as was my March 30th Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse and May 9th cruise on Seabourn Ovation. I still have one cruise left booked for Oct on the Regent Mariner which they haven’t canceled yet but I will cancel before final payment is due. No cruising for us likely until 2022 when hopefully all is back to as normal as possible.  I intend just to not worry any more about cruising,  be happy and stay safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad Windstar is being honest about 2020 cruises that will definitely be cancelled. Unlike other cruise lines, Oceania is one,  that still show cruises for August, September, October in Europe as still sailing and bookable now. I just got an email from O with their special sale for these sailings soon to be cancelled cruises. I discovered the sweet prices on Tahiti Wind Spirit cruises and rebooked mine at the lower price  but if Windstar would send emails about them they would likely get a lot of bookings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we booked last week, the travel agent went over which cabins were still available.  We actually got pricing before the price drop.  The TA went over what cabins were still available and most of the B cabins were already booked at the $2799pp.  We were deciding if we would pursue this itinerary and on Mother's Days morning I saw that the prices had dropped and we decided to go for it.

I was at the doctor's this morning for follow up of medical issues from January (kidney stone surgery) and April (pulmonary blood clots) and discussed with him our continuing to travel like we do.  He said October on a small ship should be ok.  The main issue is the flights.  And the really main issue is a four or five hour layover at LAX each way.  He stressed being vigilant with what we touch.  Duh.

When are you doing the Wind Spirit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 5:13 PM, Bigdogwon said:

Our Northern Japan cruise for next April was cancelled, all Asia, New Zealand Australia!


we were also clobbered by northern Japan. And this included using credits from our canceled Alaska this June.  Our TA has his work cut out for him, trying to figure out our total credit situation. We also have a large credit on Silversea from THEIR canceled Alaska cruise that replaced the WS cancellation after the Breeze delays. 

Edited by milepig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Barrycat said:

Our Panama Canal January cruise cancelled so we considered the Twice Tahiti great deal on February 22 as a very nice replacement but concerned about that being the peak of the rainy season, 40% chance of rain there.

Barry, twice we've gone in the winter rainy season.....10 day in December ( maybe 2 days of moderately rainy weather) and 17 day late Nov/early Dec 2018. Weather was about as perfect as it could be then- just one day of rain. It can suddenly feel like a monsoon anytime of year in Tahiti. Now then as I've said before you could switch to the 17 day we're doing late May 😉 (Just think- no worries about getting minimums for independent tours!)

 

It's so nice to get out of Oregon around about February. But think of it in terms of Hawaii weather....the rainy/sunny days run similarly to Hawaii. If you do the 17 day in May with us, fyi good weather follows me 😉

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks much Petoonya. I know that the weather can be a crap shoot but the possibility of days of rain compromising such a special experience concerned us. 
I needed to come up with a solution that didn’t impact my wife’s golf here in Bend too much. The answer is a b2b starting on April 29 for 18 days. It’s basically the same itinerary as the Twice Tahiti we were considering, a little more expensive, but the dates work. We will probably book tomorrow.

I’ve  checked flights and it looks like Air France from LA is our best bet..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Barrycat said:

Thanks much Petoonya. I know that the weather can be a crap shoot but the possibility of days of rain compromising such a special experience concerned us. 
I needed to come up with a solution that didn’t impact my wife’s golf here in Bend too much. The answer is a b2b starting on April 29 for 18 days. It’s basically the same itinerary as the Twice Tahiti we were considering, a little more expensive, but the dates work. We will probably book tomorrow.

I’ve  checked flights and it looks like Air France from LA is our best bet..

Well darn, wish you were available for the 17 day on May 24. But glad to hear that you're going a little later- a little better chance of better weather. I'm sure we'll be talking more as the dates get closer 🙂

The last time I checked United was best for me- $700 RT SFO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Luv my furbaby said:

I due to sail on Wind Spirit September 10 so hopefully it is looking good for me!

Will be watching closely for your review. Here's to all running smoothly. Happy cruising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had rescheduled to a sailing next July that has gone dark.  There is a sailing mid June, then the next three or so weeks are missing (including the 10 day cruise we had booked) and then it resumes again.  I'm not going to be happy if they've chartered the ship, particularly because we opted to not wait for a cancellation with a FCC to jump on the great fare we had found.

Our first cruise was cancelled due to the delays in the shipyard, the replacement due to COVID and it looks like the next replacement might be cancelled due to a charter.  I'm not sure what we'll do if this is the case, but I'm leaning towards just accepting that the universe is whispering in my ear and outright cancelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...