Jump to content

Celebrity Will Announce Suspension Through July 31


RICCruisers
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

 

The letter isn't up on the US site yet.

We know how long it takes for the IT department to update/fix things. That's after they get the memo. 😁

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s usually the other way round- released on the US site and ours the next day.

It is interesting the lack of Bahamas or Australia ones, perhaps they are going to try limited sailings with some?

Edited by downsmead
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

 

The letter isn't up on the US site yet.

Strange, as it has been on the Canadian site for some time now, errors and all.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

 

The April 16th one is still up on the US site. Not the May 20 that is now apparently on the UK site.

Yes, I just flipped over to the US site to take a look. Given that US customers form the majority of its clientele, you'd think that they'd get it up there first. Or maybe they are doing a test run on the Brits and ourselves so that we can point out all the errors, enabling Celebrity to correct them before the US release! :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who noticed the new message on the website for updating the cancellation in sailings to 31st July was dated Tuesday 20th May? I had to double check due to the lockdown, but was relieved to see that 20th May was a Wednesday (in the UK At least)!!
 

Also, noted that those who wanted to take the 125% FCC option had until 8th April to stake a claim!! 
 

it’s not good, is it!!  🙄

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, I just flipped over to the US site to take a look. Given that US customers form the majority of its clientele, you'd think that they'd get it up there first. Or maybe they are doing a test runs on the Brits and ourselves so that we can point out all the errors, enabling Celebrity to correct them before the US release! :classic_rolleyes:

 

Could be. Either way I'm about to email my TA to have her bump my Feb cruise cabin up to Aqua - with the FCC from this one applied, it'll be less than what I'm paying cash for an Ocean View!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Celebrity's web site?  Expect nothing so you won't be disappointed.  They still have my May 18 Ireland/Iceland cruise listed in my future cruises.  It was cancel back on April 16 and should have sailed 2 days ago..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone who is booked on the Boston, Maine & Canada Cruise (still in the website bookings) who can't find any list for Canadian cancellations up to July 31, you need to look under Bermuda. Now that it's cancelled, they have finally renamed it as a Boston, Maine & Bermuda Cruise. SHM

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Newbury newbie said:

take the 125% FCC option had until 8th April to stake a claim!! 
 

 

No, that's for getting shore excursions, bev package, etc. expenses rolled to OBC on the cruise you're using your FCC on.

 

The FCC is automatic unless you fill out the refund form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

 

No, that's for getting shore excursions, bev package, etc. expenses rolled to OBC on the cruise you're using your FCC on.

 

The FCC is automatic unless you fill out the refund form.


Yes, you’re right, I’m wrong. But either way,  people are going to find it difficult to claim by 8th April!! Although technically they haven’t said which year!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Newbury newbie said:


Yes, you’re right, I’m wrong. But either way,  people are going to find it difficult to claim by 8th April!! Although technically they haven’t said which year!!

 

I looked at the (still up) April 16 and in the breakdown chart at the bottom it does have April 27 which makes sense for that letter. But yeah - reading the top part, even on April 16 people couldn't have met that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

from Celebrity website today...this may be too large to post so pls see website for affected itins and dates; and other info...

 

 

menu
 
home
Phone
 
 
 

 

 

CELEBRITY CRUISES EXTENDS GLOBAL SUSPENSION OF CRUISING

 

Tuesday, May 20, 2020 

Given ongoing global public health circumstances, Celebrity Cruises has decided to extend the suspension of most sailings through July 31, 2020. We are working with our guests and travel partners to address this disruption to their vacations, and we are genuinely sorry for their inconvenience. We expect to return to service on August 1. 

Guest Letter from President & CEO, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

 

Impacted Itineraries

For impacted sailings, compensation of 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be processed automatically. Future Cruise Credit is good through December 31st, 2021. If you prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit for all of the guests in your reservation and instead accept a 100% refund, you may submit your request here any time up until the expiration date of your FCC.  

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund.  In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request.  If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by April 8th, you will automatically receive a full refund to your original method of payment.  

 
 
 
 
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Language " if you prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125 % Future Cruuse Credit...."

 

Serously?????

In Celebrity's mind, the 125% FCC is definitely a better deal for the passenger, so giving it up for "only" a 100% refund is forfeiting the better deal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, hcat said:

from Celebrity website today...this may be too large to post so pls see website for affected itins and dates; and other info...

 

 

menu
 
home
Phone
 
 
 

 

 

CELEBRITY CRUISES EXTENDS GLOBAL SUSPENSION OF CRUISING

 

Tuesday, May 20, 2020 

Given ongoing global public health circumstances, Celebrity Cruises has decided to extend the suspension of most sailings through July 31, 2020. We are working with our guests and travel partners to address this disruption to their vacations, and we are genuinely sorry for their inconvenience. We expect to return to service on August 1. 

Guest Letter from President & CEO, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

 

Impacted Itineraries

For impacted sailings, compensation of 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be processed automatically. Future Cruise Credit is good through December 31st, 2021. If you prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit for all of the guests in your reservation and instead accept a 100% refund, you may submit your request here any time up until the expiration date of your FCC.  

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund.  In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request.  If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by April 8th, you will automatically receive a full refund to your original method of payment.  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

In the short time since @hcat's post, they have finally corrected the date to Wednesday, May 20, 2020, at least on the US and Canadian sites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, hcat said:

from Celebrity website today...this may be too large to post so pls see website for affected itins and dates; and other info...

 

 

menu
 
home
Phone
 
 
 

 

 

CELEBRITY CRUISES EXTENDS GLOBAL SUSPENSION OF CRUISING

 

Tuesday, May 20, 2020 

Given ongoing global public health circumstances, Celebrity Cruises has decided to extend the suspension of most sailings through July 31, 2020. We are working with our guests and travel partners to address this disruption to their vacations, and we are genuinely sorry for their inconvenience. We expect to return to service on August 1. 

Guest Letter from President & CEO, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

 

Impacted Itineraries

For impacted sailings, compensation of 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be processed automatically. Future Cruise Credit is good through December 31st, 2021. If you prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit for all of the guests in your reservation and instead accept a 100% refund, you may submit your request here any time up until the expiration date of your FCC.  

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund.  In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request.  If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by April 8th, you will automatically receive a full refund to your original method of payment.  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Not sure if this is a change but reading through the guest letter as well as full refund or FCC you now have a third option of lift and shift after Celebrity cancels the cruise. Did you not have to do lift and shift before a cancellation up until this point ?

Edited by yorky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...