FCC from cancelation transferable?

jerseagal

My travel companion's GP says it is no longer safe for him to cruise.  Is his half of the credit for our canceled cruise transferable to me?  A side note the entire payment was charged to  my credit card.

1 hour ago, jerseagal said:

My travel companion's GP says it is no longer safe for him to cruise.  Is his half of the credit for our canceled cruise transferable to me?  A side note the entire payment was charged to  my credit card.

The short answer is: maybe.  There are reports out there both ways - people being told "no, it's not transferrable." and people being allowed to transfer, at least in certain circumstances.  My mom and I were booked on a cancelled cruise - she was also booked on 2 other cancelled cruises with friends of hers.  We worked with our PCC to book one cruise with me, my mom, and her friend, one with just me and my mom, and then my mom and her friend booked another one.  Since we're 3 in a room for the one cruise, our PCC was able to use some of my (listed as passenger #3) FCC to pay for the others' base fare, so we would evenly split the cost.  I'm not sure if our PCC actually "transferred" the FCC or was able to simply apply it to another passenger's account, but it did work for us.  I've also heard of parents getting their minor children's FCC transferred (but don't have personal experience with that).  But your best bet is probably going to be to call, explain the situation, and ask.  If you get told "no" you can hang up and call again and/or escalate to a supervisor.  You may also be able to request a refund (which would get credited back to your card).  Good luck, and I hope it all works out for you!

Edited to add:  I am an adult - my mom is retired, so we travel together some, and she travels with her friends a lot.  🙂

Edited by kaprin02
clarification

1 hour ago, jerseagal said:

It looks like the answer is now "yes". This is taken from https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

image.thumb.png.efd779896589b86bc5aff5cdc581b415.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, akmarshall said:

It looks like the answer is now "yes". This is taken from https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

Good to know.  Too bad they waited so long to realize that there should be an option for the fcc to go to the person who paid.  Wonder how much cash they could have saved themselves if they'd done that in the first place?  I would have considered fcc instead of a cash refund if they hadn't insisted on splitting the fcc with my non-paying guest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

Good to know.  Too bad they waited so long to realize that there should be an option for the fcc to go to the person who paid.  Wonder how much cash they could have saved themselves if they'd done that in the first place?  I would have considered fcc instead of a cash refund if they hadn't insisted on splitting the fcc with my non-paying guest.

In stage one, they probably took the Latitude numbers on the reservation to expedite the FCC processing and in stage two they are allowing the transfer...... they probably should have told people the plan to help people make a better decision OR they listened to passengers and are adapting to what people want.