Enchanted Princess

Carol28

Any word on the new ship?  I'm booked for November 28 and wonder if the ship is ready and will be sailing.

Edited by Carol28
wanted to check for spellings

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That explains why it disappeared from my medallion (April 3, 2021 cruise)

ya we were notified that our Spanish passage in November is a no go. But hey we already got our 10k credited .

Just now, c-boy said:

ya we were notified that our Spanish passage in November is a no go. But hey we already got our 10k credited .

My November and December Spanish passage cruises were cancelled.

My April 3rd Spanish passage is still showing up with the cancelled ones on Princess. Guess it’s going to get cancelled as it’s on the enchanted.

Hopefully one of the other 4 booked for next year are a go 😳😳😳

Of to find another TA. I prefer to just transfer payment rather then get-in-line for a refund to apply to the next cruise

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

My November and December Spanish passage cruises were cancelled.

My April 3rd Spanish passage is still showing up with the cancelled ones on Princess. Guess it’s going to get cancelled as it’s on the enchanted.

Hopefully one of the other 4 booked for next year are a go 😳😳😳

I am also on the April 3rd TA.  I hope we will be notified before final payment if it is not going forward.

1 hour ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

Can you explain where you are seeing this cancellation?  I don't see it listed as cancelled on the Princess website.

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Good thing I cancelled our Jan. Enchanted cruise when I did so I was able to get our favorite cabin on another ship at the same time.  Now I just have to hope that ship will sail then!  🥴

Agreed. Just asked PVP to transfer me from Enchanted to Sky sailing a week later. Love Brugge and Copenhagen. Will come back via London instead of Lisbon. I was on the fence about post cruise touring anyway

Added: IT'S OFFICIAL!! it shows in my medallion and I have overpaid $95 less insurance (I forgot that on hold so she has to add it. Anticipate $50 overpaid) 😁🤑

Edited by Ombud
Need to add ins
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, msmoger said:

Can you explain where you are seeing this cancellation?  I don't see it listed as cancelled on the Princess website.

Thanks.

None of mine are showing cancelled on the website but the first 2 November and December were in the phase 3 cancellations on May 6th.

2 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I spoke to my Princess rep yesterday and my 12/12/20  Enchanted cruise is still on...  for now.   She's not optimistic but there isn't anything official yet.

Did she elaborate as to why she is not optimistic?  Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

None of mine are showing cancelled on the website but the first 2 November and December were in the phase 3 cancellations on May 6th.

Thanks for the clarification.  I have my doubts about the 4/3 TA.  However, even if it does sail, our going will depend on the current Covid-19 situation, the procedures that need to be followed on the ship and the situation in Spain (we were planning on spending several days in Madrid before flying home).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Did she elaborate as to why she is not optimistic?  Thank you.

She did not.  And I didn't press her.  Not sure that I will be ready to cruise yet even if she sails.  But I am not making that decision until I absolutely have to.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I spoke to my Princess rep yesterday and my 12/12/20  Enchanted cruise is still on...  for now.   She's not optimistic but there isn't anything official yet.

I asked the same question about our Nov. 28 Enchanted sailing and got a appropriate "I don't Know".  Still hopeful we will be disembarking on the 12th for your departure. Time will tell, If we do go it will be an adventure with all the new procedures and a new ship. Wearing a cloth face mask onboard would not be a deal breaker for me. Happy sailing

• Like 1

I am still remaining optimistic that the timing should be good that the Enchanted Princess will sail with passengers on November 21, 2020.  The ship is virtually finished in her build out and what remains are the sea trials that were delayed when Fincantieri had to shut down for a few weeks during the Covid-19 outbreak.  The shipyard is back to work and there will be sea trials and then she will sail to Port Everglades when it's time to do so and probably without passengers.

The Enchanted Princess was positioned to be in the Caribbean for the season replacing her sister ships, Royal and Regal, and partner with the Caribbean Princess.  The whole area of the Caribbean is eager to have ships working as soon as possible.

We are excited to be on what could be her maiden voyage.  Until something changes, we are going to be on board for our 48 Princess voyage.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Grego said:

I am still remaining optimistic that the timing should be good that the Enchanted Princess will sail with passengers on November 21, 2020.  The ship is virtually finished in her build out and what remains are the sea trials that were delayed when Fincantieri had to shut down for a few weeks during the Covid-19 outbreak.  The shipyard is back to work and there will be sea trials and then she will sail to Port Everglades when it's time to do so and probably without passengers.

The Enchanted Princess was positioned to be in the Caribbean for the season replacing her sister ships, Royal and Regal, and partner with the Caribbean Princess.  The whole area of the Caribbean is eager to have ships working as soon as possible.

We are excited to be on what could be her maiden voyage.  Until something changes, we are going to be on board for our 48 Princess voyage.

This is exactly our thinking as well. We're toying with using some of the massive FCC we were given after our April 2020 trip was cancelled, to book the November 28 trip on the Enchanted. I think it's reasonable to assume that if cruising is allowed to go forward out of Florida and the Caribbean ports, the ship should be ready to go by November.

Once concern I have, though, is financial. Assuming that ship delivery contracts are similar to the aircraft delivery contracts I used to deal with, there would have been a series of payments due on the ship. Princess would have made an initial "down payment", then a series of milestones payments, with the balance due at delivery, after sea trials, inspections, and contractual delivery, and this payment would probably have been pretty large. Given Princess/CCL's cash situation, would they even be in a position to make what is possibly a nine figure payment to Fincantieri? I'm curious to see how this would work. Still our fingers are crossed, by that time it will have been a year since our last cruise.

I was looking at sailings in January.  Then I stopped when I read that Enchanted would be delayed indefinitely.

I'm not a Princess regular so I didn't know she was "virtually finished" (thanks, Grego).

I'll go back to monitoring prices.  Can't say I'm ready to book though.

3 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

This is exactly our thinking as well. We're toying with using some of the massive FCC we were given after our April 2020 trip was cancelled, to book the November 28 trip on the Enchanted. I think it's reasonable to assume that if cruising is allowed to go forward out of Florida and the Caribbean ports, the ship should be ready to go by November.

Once concern I have, though, is financial. Assuming that ship delivery contracts are similar to the aircraft delivery contracts I used to deal with, there would have been a series of payments due on the ship. Princess would have made an initial "down payment", then a series of milestones payments, with the balance due at delivery, after sea trials, inspections, and contractual delivery, and this payment would probably have been pretty large. Given Princess/CCL's cash situation, would they even be in a position to make what is possibly a nine figure payment to Fincantieri? I'm curious to see how this would work. Still our fingers are crossed, by that time it will have been a year since our last cruise.

I had the same concern. However, I figure those funds were already budgeted and backing out on the contract at the last moment, short of a bankruptcy, was not likely.  The only way to survive going forward is to get incoming cash flow started again ASAP. No inside information, just my thought process. 

20 hours ago, Grego said:

The whole area of the Caribbean is eager to have ships working as soon as possible.

I have not seen evidence of this.

Islands opening up to visitors so far are not including cruise ships. And some islands are requiring 14 day quarantine upon arrival.