5-21-20 Thursday Weigh-In.... Memorial Day Weekend

Belle

Hello All....Holiday over. Next one July 4th.  Wonder where we will be.  Semi normal? Hope so.

Mel glad you have it a little easier but sorry about the field trips.  Sorry you can't see your sister.

Don't know why some people don't get it.  They don't think about all the people that are effected

all around them in so many ways.

Diana sounds like a great birthday dinner last night. Made me hungry. Have a good dinner tonight.

After write and tell us how it was eating out after 2 1/2 months or so. How they handled it. Be safe.

Pac it sounds so easy to eat healthy food and eat no snacks/junk food.  But it's not as we know.

Know we all have gain or/and loss weight many times but at least we keep trying.   WE will never

Give Up!

Jo I weigh more than  then I did on my wedding day too.  Plus I'm older too!:classic_smile:

Sorry in one of my posts talking about the virus I said USA.. I meant California. I live

in California. The rate is so fast, why I worry about my daughter.

The USA/World is Millions which is staggering.  Please everyone be safe as things 

Open Up.

Well, dinner out tonight didn't happen. We left our house, I was on my phone singing up for the restaurant wait list. 20 minutes from home, text from our neighbor, hubby forgot to close the garage door. So back home, so hot, I was hungry, not in the mood to go back. Got chinese takeout.

Oh well, one of these days we'll do sit down in a restaurant. 

Have a good evening.

Diana

Sorry Diana at least you got take out and didn't have to cook.  Husband will enjoy it another night.

Think this way, waiting a little longer to go out.. you can hear/see how things are going in your town

and around.

Everyone have a good Wed.  .

Hi all!

pacruise804 ~ thanks for your concern.  Yes, we'll assume what you say about DH is correct, lol. He's not saying it in a mean way & is concerned for my health. I was 105 back then, lowest was 97 after having my appendix out. I was 5'2" then but have shrunk a bit with age. He suggested snacking less than every night & I have been taking it easier so we'll see what tomorrow brings.🤞

DIana ~ oh too bad you couldn't have your much looked forward to meal. Chinese food sounds like a nice change too. Restaurants here are still only doing take out.

Still wondering whether my Oct Canada cruise will be a go & if I should cancel a bus theatre & Red Lobster outing for Aug. 19. What are the chances of that happening do you think?

Have a nice day. Another hot one here.

See you tomorrow.

~ Jo ~ 😊

You were itty bitty 🙂  Something my MIL does to help curb evening snacking is brushing her teeth right after supper, then she's not as tempted.

We are still wondering about our Southern Caribbean in November.  Is your August trip a bus trip to a theatre?  I would think that would be hard to social distance (both bus and theatre) so I suspect it would be one of the later things to open.  Is Ontario (assuming that is your province) starting to reopen?

25 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

We are still wondering about our Southern Caribbean in November. 

What islands are you going to and which line?  I'm doing East and West Caribbean next summer and just trying to figure it all out.  This'll be my second time cruising the Caribbean, but going to a few islands I've never been to.

3 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

What islands are you going to and which line?  I'm doing East and West Caribbean next summer and just trying to figure it all out.  This'll be my second time cruising the Caribbean, but going to a few islands I've never been to.

You didn't ask me, but I thought I'd tell you anyway. 😆 We've done mostly Western and once Eastern, all on Royal Caribbean. We live in North Texas, so Galveston is just a cheap 5 hour drive as opposed to flying 4 people to Florida.  From Ft. Lauderdale we went to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Labadee (one of Royal's private islands). From Galveston we have been to Cozumel (multiple cruise stops, plus we've both land vacationed there before DH and I met), Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya (twice), and Roatan. We're supposed to be going back to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica in November, and then Key West, Nassau, and CocoCay (another private island) in January '21. Which islands will you be going to? 

IneedAMaiTai - I too have been to the Caribbean many times  (17 times I think as of right now) ... any questions I'm sure that both melmar and myself would have lots of answers!!!!  Jan

PS - haven't posted much as am trying to stay off the computer ... Jan

Diana..Enjoy your dinner..yes Garage door closed.  Be a little cooler on Thursday?

I to have been to the Caribbean many times too. Last year did the b2b2b on 2 ships. 28 days!

Oh I wish I was on a ship now!  Cruising on the sea... of a healthy world.

18 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

We are booked on Viking Ocean 12 night from Miami to Aruba, Curacao, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Thomas and San Juan.  These will all be new ports for us (although we did sail from Miami in 2016 for a Western Caribbean).  If we had done our cruise last week we would have stopped at San Juan, St. Thomas, Sint Maartin/Saint Martin, and Grand Turk.  This is our 25th anniversary cruise and first time on a premium line.  We've previously done Carnival, Royal Caribbean, NCL, and Princess.

We have done a few Bahamas ports (not Caribbean, but sometimes included in Eastern itineraries), Grand Turk, Belize, Honduras, and two Mexico ports.  Bermuda is also sometimes included in Caribbean itineraries and we did this once last year for our daughter's graduation.

19 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Which islands will you be going to? 

18 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

IneedAMaiTai - I too have been to the Caribbean many times  (17 times I think as of right now) ... any questions I'm sure that both melmar and myself would have lots of answers!!!!  Jan

PS - haven't posted much as am trying to stay off the computer ... Jan

4 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

These will all be new ports for us (although we did sail from Miami in 2016 for a Western Caribbean). 

Thanks, everyone.  I will most likely be going to you with questions.  Our itinerary (with Princess) is Ft. Lauderdale, Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Ft. Lauderdale, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel.  It'll be my husband, three daughters (at the time they will be 14, 11, and 8), my disabled mom (she is blind), and me.  My brother and his family are joining us for the first week, but it is a total of 14 days.

Princess Cay is a nice beach with good snorkeling - but part of the good snorkeling is it is rocky, so be sure to have beach shoes.  When you exit the tender/water shuttle most head to the left, but there is a quieter side to the right across a foot bridge that we enjoyed (both sides had buffets).

We haven't made St. Thomas yet, but it can also be a nice beach day.  We had booked a ship excursion to Sapphire Beach that was actually a little less cost than DIY, but there are lots of options depending on your time in port.

I don't think we stopped at Grand Cayman.  Roatan was my first time snorkeling and it was amazing - not even that crowded for a ship excursion.  We did a zip line/cave tubing combo and it was fun, but a lot of walking/climbing and the drive there and back was awful - if I did it again I would probably only do the caves and try to hire a driver.  I think we did Isla Pasion at Cozumel for a beach day and it was very nice, but I don't remember if it was adults only or not (I don't remember children there).  Lots of DIY places there too.