AUGUST 1st target to resume operations

On 6/9/2020 at 3:54 PM, toad455 said:

If RCCL does sail on Aug. 1, it would likely only be the following ships sailing the Caribbean:

- Navigator(via Miami)

- Independence(via Fort Lauderdale)

- Mariner(via Port Canaveral)

- Enchantment(via Galveston)

- Harmony(via Port Canaveral)

- Liberty(via Galveston)

- Freedom(via San Juan)?

- Majesty(via New Orleans)

- Symphony(via Miami)

I doubt the Grandeur sails out of Baltimore and none of the three ships scheduled to sail out of Bayonne will be sailing this year. The Freedom out of San Juan is also questionable. So RCCL might be in a similar situation as Carnival in only having 8 ships sailing if they do start on Aug. 1.

I doubt there will be any sailings out of the US before October or even November per current situation and if yes, it will be likely only  some of the Oasis, Freedom and or Voyager Class ships. Wouldn't be suprised that we will not see any ship class below Voyager sailing up until spring time next year, at least from the US. Depending how the situation will develop over the end of the year (winter) if numbers will eventually be low and remain stabalized only then the offering would be expanded faster. Otherwise we might see the worst case scenario that cruisng will be halted again for some time.

Saw this on another thread about Spain:

am not sure if the new Spanish decree for the New Normal would have anything to do with the timing of Pullmantur's decision. 

With the "New Normal" decreed by the Spanish government and approved when the Ciudadanos center-right party joined the coalition, insight was given what would be required of transportation companies after the state of emergency is lifted at the end of the month. 

The decree will be permanent until such time that the government considers the pandemic over. 

Masks will be obligatory in all indoor public spaces including workplaces, restaurants, hotels and airlines and other transport companies. Fines as much as 100 euros have been introduced. Outdoor mask usage and fines will be handled by the local regional governments around Spain. 

Transportation companies must keep records of where passengers were seated (dined - lounges) or moved for 30 days. This will allow for proper contact tracing should a confirmed virus case be found. 

It would be required for all transportation within or originating or arriving in Spain to allow for contact tracing. 

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-06-09/spanish-cabinet-approves-decree-for-new-normality-after-coronavirus-state-of-alarm-ends.html

On 6/13/2020 at 8:31 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Did the RCL entertainers, etc. from the U.S. ever get back home or are they still floating around on a ship?

Some are still floating on the ship.  Been watching their VLOGS on Youtube.

RCCL gave them the option to stay on the ship without pay.  They do get free meals and move to a guest cabin.

Everyone has their own motives, but I would have just left the ship and gone home.  At least I can then find a job and get laid off and collect some kind of unemployment.

For now it's three square meals and a place to sleep and hang out on a boat.

On 5/21/2020 at 9:18 AM, LXA350 said:

The subject is dicussed in various other threads already in the Forum.

It is realistic that operation of some sort will commence begining of August but it will be very limited; I would say 2-5 ships global at max and at the easliest.

...Based on what data or statement?

"I don't know," he said. "It won't be all of a sudden, all the ships start going, but which ship is very much a question of which markets are the most reopened.

"And I know that's frustrating. They would like to know which comes first. So would I, by the way.

August 1st? They don't have a clue or a Plan.

10 hours ago, B-52 said:

"I don't know," he said. "It won't be all of a sudden, all the ships start going, but which ship is very much a question of which markets are the most reopened.

"And I know that's frustrating. They would like to know which comes first. So would I, by the way.

August 1st? They don't have a clue or a Plan.

Asia could have been the kick start but with the new outbreak in Beijing doubt that now.