Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
spanishguy1970

Cruise next certificates/ expiration extensions.

I currently own 4 certificates that expire Nov 5 2021, we were hoping to use them before they expired, but unfortunately it wont be the case. I called NCL but having problems getting someone on the phone. Is anyone having success extending the expiration dates? if so for how long did they extend them?

thank you

UPDATE:

Just got through Norwegian. For anyone who was also wondering if they could extend their certificates, The  NCL person said and i quote" Unfortunately at this time we are not extending the expiration dates on the cruise next certificates" I guess that's it, however in the past these people have shown to be uninformed LOL....

I also had 4 cruise next certs (exp. 11/4/21).  Since we booked the Bliss Panama Canal for 2/22, I was able to have 2 added (with exp. dates extended to 2/22).   

Maybe try calling again?  

8 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

I also had 4 cruise next certs (exp. 11/4/21).  Since we booked the Bliss Panama Canal for 2/22, I was able to have 2 added (with exp. dates extended to 2/22).   

Maybe try calling again?  

may i ask what # you called? the one on NCL.com?

14 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

Maybe try calling again?  

Hello again.

I called again and the only way they can extend them is if we book something after the expiration date. We are not ready to book anything right now, so i guess they wont be extend just yet. Thanks.

4 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

UPDATE:

Just got through Norwegian. For anyone who was also wondering if they could extend their certificates, The  NCL person said and i quote" Unfortunately at this time we are not extending the expiration dates on the cruise next certificates" I guess that's it, however in the past these people have shown to be uninformed LOL....

The NCL person actually gave you a great answer.... "at this time....." 

If you've been following this forum, NCL (and the cruise industry) have been adjusting their policies to be more customer friendly during this time.   Your CNCs aren't expiring in 4 days so you have time for the dust to settle and NCL to address the CNCs after they tackle the current waves of cancellations, FCCs, refunds, transfer FCCs, etc. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, esm54687 said:

The NCL person actually gave you a great answer.... "at this time....." 

If you've been following this forum, NCL (and the cruise industry) have been adjusting their policies to be more customer friendly during this time.   Your CNCs aren't expiring in 4 days so you have time for the dust to settle and NCL to address the CNCs after they tackle the current waves of cancellations, FCCs, refunds, transfer FCCs, etc. 

DELETE

Edited by spanishguy1970

4 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

DELETE

Delete does not remove the content from the email notification you get....

I responded because you were focusing on right now instead of just sitting tight and things will probably change