Cruise Critic Community
YankeeFan4Ever

NCL cruising to Grand Turk in 2021

Posted (edited)

While looking at NCL Gem cruises out of NYC for 2021, I noticed they had a 11 day cruise on November 28 that stops in Grand Turk! Is this new for NCL? Did they reach an agreement with Carnival Corp in order to stop at that island? If so that’s great news as we’ve been there many times with both Princess and Carnival and it’s always a relaxing beach day!

We may pull the trigger and book as we’ve had 2 cruises cancelled so far and would like to use some of our cruise next certificates.

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever

22 minutes ago, YankeeFan4Ever said:

While looking at NCL Gem cruises out of NYC for 2021, I noticed they had a 11 day cruise on November 28 that stops in Grand Turk! Is this new for NCL? Did they reach an agreement with Carnival Corp in order to stop at that island? If so that’s great news as we’ve been there many times with both Princess and Carnival and it’s always a relaxing beach day!

We may pull the trigger and book as we’ve had 2 cruises cancelled so far and would like to use some of our cruise next certificates.

We booked a 2022 with a stop in Grand Turk

We are booked on the Sky in April 2021, with a stop in Grand Turk.

Of all the cruises we have sailed with NCL (to the Caribbean), this is the first time I have seen Grand Turk on any itinerary.  I actually thought Carnival Corp had excusive rights to the port.

2 hours ago, Oldgoat61 said:

Of all the cruises we have sailed with NCL (to the Caribbean), this is the first time I have seen Grand Turk on any itinerary.  I actually thought Carnival Corp had excusive rights to the port.

Checking the Port Schedule for Grand Turk I see that in November besides NCL, other lines line Azura, Aida, and Silver Shadow are all calling there as well. I guess the exclusive time period is expiring. I have been to Grand Turk/Margeritaville numerous times on Carnival. Its good time.  Think Harvest Caye..Will defintely look into any cruise from NYC that sails there.