Koningsdam in December 2020?

anugama143

1 hour ago, chisoxfan said:

I won't echo your sentiments (you're crazy) but frankly I would be more worried if the cruise does happen. Who has any idea what cruising could be like?  Shows, pools,  and bars will have to have some type of restrictions. The itinerary may be different....departure cities may be under lock down.  What health restrictions will be mandated before departure? Why pay good money for an unknown quantity which at the very best will not be close to the experience that has attracted us all to cruising? Frankly and honestly if I was offered this cruise for free I would not even think to sign up . Sorry to be so negative -I would love it if my recent travel plans could take place but not in the context of Covid.

More truth than poetry in what you say.  I don't know, I just decided to roll the dice. We like sea days, even if it means staying in our balcony cabin all day and having room service deliver our meals.  We aren't your typical cruiser.  Anyway, we can always roll the cruise over to another one next year (see my companion post in the "Final Payment Date" thread for further explanation).

Edited by El Crucero

3 hours ago, El Crucero said:

More truth than poetry in what you say.  I don't know, I just decided to roll the dice. We like sea days, even if it means staying in our balcony cabin all day and having room service deliver our meals.  We aren't your typical cruiser.  Anyway, we can always roll the cruise over to another one next year (see my companion post in the "Final Payment Date" thread for further explanation).

Hey man I admire your optimism but for me the cruise vacation experience will be the last to 'recover' from this pandemic. I had booked a Jan, cruise after the virus hit and then re-thought things. We also could sit on the ship for a week 'in the old days'. Everyone is different and has a varied sense of what constitutes a relaxing and cost effective vacation.  Watching the news for Covid updates and cruise cancellation prior to my cruise is not on my radar.  Finally, from a financial perspective,  I think cruise line bankruptcies are now creeping into focus. While not a major impact on our 'bankroll' we did wait over 90 days to get deposits returned for three cruises and I do not think this situation will be getting better. Again more of a frustration than anything but not conducive to a 'relaxing vacation'. I personally hope you post after your cruise telling all of us how great it was to be a cruise 'pioneer' after Covid. Best of luck.