More Cancellations Imminent?

Sleeptastic

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

They have said that you can move your deposit as many times as you like, and I'm not aware of any time limitation.

"If you are sailing on or after 16 October 2020 then you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy up to 90 days prior to your holiday. This means that if you have a Select Price or Early Saver booking sailing after 16 October 2020, you can:

• Transfer your booking to any P&O Cruises holiday currently on sale (and not just to those within the next 12 months).
  • Transfer your booking to a cruise of higher or lower value (and not just of a higher value, as is usually the case).
  • Transfer your booking an unlimited number of times (and not just once).
  • Transfer your booking free of charge."

Whilst the announcement refers to cruises currently in sale, I seem to recall that P&O have stated that "new" cruises will also be eligible. Perhaps someone can confirm. 

Yes but I would get guarantees from P&O that it can be moved to Summer 2022 because Cunard state the same that you can move it unlimited number of times but that a FCC credit has to be used by December 31st and on bookings currently on sale up until March 31st 2022. When asked could I cancel my current cruise book a cruise in 2021 that I had no intention of going on and then cancel it again after brochure release and book a Summer 2022 cruise I was told NO FCC has to be used by March 31st 2022.

21 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I have just cancelled my 18 October 2020 cruise and taken 110% FCC which is going to sit on my account until I am ready to use it.

Really pleased about that as I thought I actually had to choose another cruise and already have 2 in 2021.

https://www.pocruises.com/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

Hi Jean, I may have lost track of the change in policy (saw it was refreshed on 2nd June) - how did you manage to get 110% FCC instead of 100%?

I thought that the flexibility was to transfer the paid for balance without penalty, instead of getting a benefit; and that the 25% only came if P&O cancelled?

Pleased that you are sorted out 👍

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Yes but I would get guarantees from P&O that it can be moved to Summer 2022 because Cunard state the same that you can move it unlimited number of times but that a FCC credit has to be used by December 31st and on bookings currently on sale up until March 31st 2022. When asked could I cancel my current cruise book a cruise in 2021 that I had no intention of going on and then cancel it again after brochure release and book a Summer 2022 cruise I was told NO FCC has to be used by March 31st 2022.

Cunard may well be different, but you can definitely use FCC from P&O on Summer 2022 bookings and, most likely, beyond - you can use it against any cruise that is on sale in December 2021, which is likely to include 2023 cruises. This has been the case for a month or so since P&O changed the rules and is beyond any doubt. 

Edited by Selbourne

Just now, jeanlyon said:

It is valid on my account until December 2021.  I have to use it by then.  It can be used on any cruise that is for sale. 

I understand, thank you.  I was wondering how you managed to get the extra 10% as the policy on the link you posted suggests that from 2nd June for cruises after 15th October, you can still transfer, but just at the value you paid?

If it is 110% for passengers, who have paid deposits only, and also if they can use the extra 10% right until end of December 2021, including for Summer 2022 when it opens, then that may well tempt people to cut their losses on 2020 sailings so to speak, like you.  That could be a good deal and save stress?

• Like 1

Cunard clearly state that any FCC has to be used on any sailing by March 31st.

Future Cruise Credits can be redeemed on any Cunard voyage sailing before 31 March 2022 and must be used in full by 31 December 2021.

Clearly different than P&Os FCC policy.

Edited by majortom10

Ok so I re-read the terms and conditions and in typical P&O style, it says one thing in one place and one thing somewhere else.  So I wonder if that "generic" 110% FCC in the drop down box is a throw back from bookings up to October 15th and not for us.  It will be interesting to see, as my TA is doing the FCC for us.  He seemed to think it was correct that I didn't have to choose another cruise, it could just sit on my account.  We will see!

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

To be honest, 10% of my deposit of £137 is £13, so not really concerned about getting that at all.

But that's a pie and a pint in the ferry boat Inn.😁

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Cunard clearly state that any FCC has to be used on any sailing by March 31st.

Future Cruise Credits can be redeemed on any Cunard voyage sailing before 31 March 2022 and must be used in full by 31 December 2021.

Clearly different than P&Os FCC policy.

That’s exactly what the P&O policy was until last month, when they relaxed it. If P&O consider it to be a positive move for them then I guess there’s a strong chance that Cunard might follow suit at some stage in the future. 

Just found this if it helps

Following feedback from many of you who already have a holiday booked for 2021, you have until the end of December 2021 to put your FCC towards a booking for any holiday we have on sale at that time. We do not yet know when the rest of our 2022 and 2023 holidays will go on sale but this will give you additional flexibility and choice for your future holidays with us.

https://www.pocruises.com/travel-health-advisories

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Ok so I re-read the terms and conditions and in typical P&O style, it says one thing in one place and one thing somewhere else.  So I wonder if that "generic" 110% FCC in the drop down box is a throw back from bookings up to October 15th and not for us.  It will be interesting to see, as my TA is doing the FCC for us.  He seemed to think it was correct that I didn't have to choose another cruise, it could just sit on my account.  We will see!

I went on the P&O website yesterday and had a look and was able to cancel my Christmas cruise and take the deposit as 110% FCC or transfer to another cruise, I filled in all my details for the FCC,  but today that option has gone and they still show that it was last updated the 2nd June which is clearly not true. I rang P&O to ask them about it and they told me that cruises from 16th October can only be transferred not cancelled without a penalty.  I wonder if I managed to get mine cancelled and the deposit turned into FCC, I suppose I will know in 60 days or so! 

Edited by Alan & Giselle
spelling mistakes

I thought they might have made a mistake.  My TA tells me it was definitely done yesterday, so this will be interesting.  I think that will be IT department fault, as it was probably the same for the cruises prior to 15th October.

We have a MSC cruise booked for Oct 4th from Barcelona.Did a dummy booking today and 1st available cruise showing Oct 14th.No notification yet but seems everyone is following suit.We only have £200 deposit invested so far.It seems that MSC are being more arsy with refunds than P and O.