Question on lift and shift

tigger54

Maybe someone can answer this question for me. I have a cruise booked on the Equinox in September. They are giving me $200.00 obc. Let’s say I move this exact cruise to next September. The new cruise is offering 2 perks but the price of the cruise is quite a bit more. Using the lift and shift I can take this same cruise at my price with the $200.00 obc correct. Now my question is will they also give me the 2 perks offered in the new cruise. I am sure they won’t but thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask. 
Thank you

3 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

Maybe someone can answer this question for me. I have a cruise booked on the Equinox in September. They are giving me $200.00 obc. Let’s say I move this exact cruise to next September. The new cruise is offering 2 perks but the price of the cruise is quite a bit more. Using the lift and shift I can take this same cruise at my price with the $200.00 obc correct. Now my question is will they also give me the 2 perks offered in the new cruise. I am sure they won’t but thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask. 
Thank you

Yes, using the lift and shift your current cruise is price protected to transfer to Sept 2021.  They will only give you the 2 perks if you pay prevailing rate of the September 2021 cruise.

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Yes, using the lift and shift your current cruise is price protected to transfer to Sept 2021.  They will only give you the 2 perks if you pay prevailing rate of the September 2021 cruise.

I shifted a March 2021 cruise to March 2022 and kept all perks. The only difference in price was an extra $9 pp for taxes and port fees resulting from a change in one port. That's the whole purpose of the lift and shift, to allow price protection, including perks, when shifting to an eligible cruise.

OP, talk to Celebrity or your TA.

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

I shifted a March 2021 cruise to March 2022 and kept all perks. The only difference in price was an extra $9 pp for taxes and port fees resulting from a change in one port. That's the whole purpose of the lift and shift, to allow price protection, including perks, when shifting to an eligible cruise.

OP, talk to Celebrity or your TA.

My impression is the OP does not currently have the 2 perks.  She would like to add them with no extra fees.  

Just now, FlorenceItaly said:

My impression is the OP does not currently have the 2 perks.  She would like to add them with no extra fees.  

After re-reading the OP, I think you are quite right. I stand corrected. :classic_blush:

That’s right. Had the $200.00 obc but no perks. The new cruise is offering $50.00 obc plus 2 perks but the price jumps way up. I understand now that if I switch I do not gain any new perks that is offered. Hmmm I think my original cruise is a much better deal. Just not sure if it will go in September. Guess I will just hold out and see what happens

You have until August 1 to move your Sept cruise to next Sept at the same (protected) price/perks.   However next year Equinox is only doing 9 and 12 night itineraries.   I believe this Sept they are 10 and 11 nights.    I was able to Lift & Shift my Sept Equinox 10 night cruise to a 9 night Sept 2021 at the same great deal I got this year.  Deal so good I didn't mind one less night.   I know a couple of other people on our sailing have done the same thing.   People we were traveling with had trouble getting them to approve the change since it wasn't an identical itinerary (# nights) but they pushed it and were finally approved.

Yes you are right. My cruise is an 11 day cruise and there is no 11 day cruise next year. We are trying to decide if we should just go ahead and cancel this cruise or wait this out to see if the cruise is even going to go. I am a little worried that if the cruise goes as scheduled, we may be asked to wear masks. Also what other changes would be made that will take the fun out of cruising. We enjoy the shows, music and dancing, getting off at ports etc.

Maybe we should cancel and rebook for 2001 or 2002. Geeze we just got such great price on this cruise (which we booked last year) and the prices are so much higher for this cruise for next year. Hmmm what to do???
What would others do in this case?

2 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

Yes you are right. My cruise is an 11 day cruise and there is no 11 day cruise next year. We are trying to decide if we should just go ahead and cancel this cruise or wait this out to see if the cruise is even going to go. I am a little worried that if the cruise goes as scheduled, we may be asked to wear masks. Also what other changes would be made that will take the fun out of cruising. We enjoy the shows, music and dancing, getting off at ports etc.

Maybe we should cancel and rebook for 2001 or 2002. Geeze we just got such great price on this cruise (which we booked last year) and the prices are so much higher for this cruise for next year. Hmmm what to do???

Is there a 10 day next year?  Since you got such a great deal maybe one day less would be okay.  Or, you can try to negotiate to pay for an extra day if there is an 12 day cruise, 4 weeks before or after.  We are booked this year on a 12 day itinerary in Nov at an unbelievable price and I am 99% sure we are going to lift and shift.  Fortunately, we have 2 12 day itineraries to choose from next year in our time frame.  Or, if you wait until they cancel you may choose a 125% CC, but, even if this would be the scenario it may still not be the best deal, price point wise.  For us, my current pricing is better than a 125% FCC that may be offered.  I do think your cruise(and mine) may not go forward this year since they are longer cruises.  The slower start they speak of refers to 5-7 day cruises, imo.

39 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

Certainly if you can time travel I would go for it. The MDR was way better back then.

Edited by yorky
  • Haha 2

Booked the TA on the Reflection  Oct 2020 which is cancelled, wanted to move to the TA Reflection 2021, Celebrity says no not the same itinerary, even  though both cruises start in Rome and end in FLL. Any suggestions on how I could use the lift and shift benefit?

2021 is way more expensive.

Thanks Norma

25 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

Booked the TA on the Reflection  Oct 2020 which is cancelled, wanted to move to the TA Reflection 2021, Celebrity says no not the same itinerary, even  though both cruises start in Rome and end in FLL. Any suggestions on how I could use the lift and shift benefit?

2021 is way more expensive.

Thanks Norma

What are the differences in the itineraries? Is it a port or two that have changed or is there a difference in duration too? Some posters have indicated that they were able to L&S to a longer cruise (by a day), while others were only able to do so by paying more for the extra day. In our case, the duration was the same with a single port change and there was no issue at all.

In all cases, it's worth calling back and speaking to a different agent to explore options if you get a "no" the first time around.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, alibaba1 said:

99558796_10102352841324161_6094334421500952576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_oc=AQnHKc7MTDnk9ok3DHtWWdW58VA6jJVKqxErX0wSs9dQhs38F0G3pyPnAWMQqjQuvRMvhsbzEBX4HXGbg7F68IjY&_nc_ht=scontent.fmia1-1.fna&oh=e336b8115002942ba567a2fab4ad1391&oe=5EED2826

Whoa, did Celebrity just change their Lift & Shift policy for the June 12 - July 31 cancelled sailings?? I did a Lift & Shift on my June 21, 2020 Infinity cruise out of Rome BEFORE it was cancelled, shifting it to the almost identical cruise on June 20, 2021.  If I'm reading the chart correctly (top right box), that would now not be allowed and I couldn't book anything later than June 10, 2021??  Any insights?

17 minutes ago, uspearls said:

Whoa, did Celebrity just change their Lift & Shift policy for the June 12 - July 31 cancelled sailings?? I did a Lift & Shift on my June 21, 2020 Infinity cruise out of Rome BEFORE it was cancelled, shifting it to the almost identical cruise on June 20, 2021.  If I'm reading the chart correctly (top right box), that would now not be allowed and I couldn't book anything later than June 10, 2021??  Any insights?

As upwarduk said, that seems to clearly be a move by date. They must want people  on those cancelled sailings to decide faster so they don't drag on.  I think with lift and shift, past cancelled sailings were not considered and became an afterthought gesture to include (customers likely drove that), where as this new round of cancellations they are in front of it to allow it but with a distinct earlier cut off date.

1 hour ago, poffles said:

As upwarduk said, that seems to clearly be a move by date. They must want people  on those cancelled sailings to decide faster so they don't drag on.  I think with lift and shift, past cancelled sailings were not considered and became an afterthought gesture to include (customers likely drove that), where as this new round of cancellations they are in front of it to allow it but with a distinct earlier cut off date.

Thanks both, I read that too quickly and stand corrected.  Yes, they are certainly trying to get their "ducks in a row" quickly - understandable.

• Like 1

I did the Lift & Shift of our Sep 2020 cruise on the Millennium to the Solstice Sep 2021 cruise doing the Transpacific. Kept the cost as is and all 4 perks were rolled over. Plus when I called my TA it was lifted and shifted within 30 minutes of me calling. So was painless. 

1 minute ago, osborne66 said:

I did the Lift & Shift of our Sep 2020 cruise on the Millennium to the Solstice Sep 2021 cruise doing the Transpacific. Kept the cost as is and all 4 perks were rolled over. Plus when I called my TA it was lifted and shifted within 30 minutes of me calling. So was painless. 

Good to hear!  Did you receive a updated booking confirmation with correct pricing?

7 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Good to hear!  Did you receive a updated booking confirmation with correct pricing?

I did a move April to April and my new statement arrived in email a few days later with everything as it should be, cost and perks same as the 'moved' cruise.  Around the time of receiving the new statement is when the cost online was updated too.  Prior to the new statement, the cost online was showing the future cruise cost without the perks of the past... they may be getting faster on this.  They told me it would take a few days so I just waited it out and all was fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Yes received it from my TA within a few hours of making the changes 9 days ag o

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, poffles said:

I did a move April to April and my new statement arrived in email a few days later with everything as it should be, cost and perks same as the 'moved' cruise.  Around the time of receiving the new statement is when the cost online was updated too.  Prior to the new statement, the cost online was showing the future cruise cost without the perks of the past... they may be getting faster on this.  They told me it would take a few days so I just waited it out and all was fine.

Likewise

• 1 month later...