Cruise Critic Community
richwmn

The Daily for Saturday May 23, 2020

Posted (edited)

today is International Jazz Day, World Turtle Day, and Lucky Penny Day

186,282 miles per second:

It isn't just a good idea, it's the law!

Meal suggestion for today - Tender Chicken Strips

At Sea Atlantic Ocean
Zuiderdam destination Cape Town eta 5/24

At Sea Indian Ocean
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Jakarta eta 6/1
Rotterdam Columbo Sri Lanka
Volendam destination Port Louis Mauritius eta 5/23

At Sea Pacific Ocean
Maasdam destination Labuan Malaysia eta 5/27
Noordam destination Manila 5/23
Westerdam destination Singapore eta 5/24

Cape Town Anchorage
Veendam destination Cape Town eta 5/23

La Paz Anchorage
Oosterdam

Manila Anchorage
Amsterdam
Eurodam

Puerto Vallarta
Koningsdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

all0523.png

Edited by richwmn

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

Yay on International Turtle Day.  Hoping any who have hatched today make it to the water.

Chicken tenders sound like a good idea.

Good morning.

Thank you for the Daily Report.  It's interesting to see where the ships are.

Lucky Penny Day, I guess we're out of luck in Canada.  No pennies here.😏

Thanks for the dinner suggestion, but it's a beautiful sunny day here, so we're going to BBQ a steak!

Have a good day.   Stay healthy.

Good morning Rich.  Thank you for the report.  Chicken tenders it is!  Easy dinner prep.  Lucky penny day...still remember the childhood rhyme....find a penny, pick it up.  All the day you'll have good luck.  Always look for pennies on  the ground.

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the report. I was up before you posted this morning and panicked you'd left us!

I don't understand the quote of the day. Sorry, I'm blonde.

Good morning Dailyites. And to Cat and Denise.. we have an offer! Leaving next week to Georgetown/Austin to look around. If we're not liking the area, we have a few backups to check out. Denise you sound pretty exhausted. At least we are both moving. Working off my Covid weight gain..

Have a wonderful,  safe, healthy Memorial Day weekend! Xx

6 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning Rich.  Thank you for the report.  Chicken tenders it is!  Easy dinner prep.  Lucky penny day...still remember the childhood rhyme....find a penny, pick it up.  All the day you'll have good luck.  Always look for pennies on  the ground.

When we see pennies on the ground we say "Hi Mom!" As she's thinking of us from Heaven. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!  Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats Joy! @Seasick Sailor Hope all goes smoothly.

Great quote! Joy, that is the speed of light. It is a scientific law.

Can Superman fly faster than light? Or just faster than a speeding bullet?

Turtles nesting season is in full swing here in Florida, and all the protective measures are in place. We had a banner hatching season last Fall.

I may pop those chicken tenders into a salad tonight. Heading to a friend’s for a wine & cheese hour or two, so ai need to keep supper light.

Stay well everyone!

Edited by cat shepard

Thanks Rich for the update. So nice to see several of the ships reaching or getting close to their destinations. 

Jazz, yes, can do! Spotify has a couple really great playlists we have been enjoying lately in the backyard, Lazy Cat Jazz (I just love that name) and Summer Jazz. 

Doing grilled chicken tenders tomorrow actually. Slow cooker pot roast tonight with mashed potatoes. 

Thanks for the update. I might have chicken BBQ from a fire company fundraiser later today. Another fire company does a charcoal steak dinner fundraiser. They are both drive thru only this year. Actually, I’ll probably do both 

Have a safe and peaceful weekend all.

For those of you in the US , don’t forget the National Memorial Day concert on PBS Sunday evening.🙏❤️

Thanks for the daily Rich.  Chicken on Monday, supporting one of our local restaurants.  

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Remember The Turtles "Happy Together"?  Alas, we don't use pennies here any longer, but I always keep a few around to toss into the bird baths to help keep the water containers from becoming scummy too quickly.

Great dinner suggestion - I've got some chicken breasts in the fridge just waiting to be made into chicken tenders.  They'll go great with a Caesar salad for dinner tonight.  And wine.

@Seasick Sailor happy to hear you've had an offer on your property; that's always a good thing!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

6 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Alas, we don't use pennies here any longer, but I always keep a few around to toss into the bird baths to help keep the water containers from becoming scummy too quickly.

Will have to try that. I wonder if US pennies do the same?

Even though we have pennies - it is not likely to happen anytime soon - unnecessary outings AND the heat [90s] but no humidity.'

Thanks for the Daily Report

Good morning Rich: 

Thank you for the daily.  I hope You ave a good weekend.

Thank you Rich for the Daily report.

Lucky penny day -- I can remember when we used to find not only pennies but other coins -- rarely happens anymore.

Tender chicken strips -- love them.

Thank you for the report for the start of Memorial Day weekend.  After a wet start here it is shaping up to be a very nice weekend.  Wishing Seasick Sailor a smooth relocation.

Roy

I remember slowly dropping pennies after leaving the store. I didn’t like change weighing down my pockets and if finding a penny brightened someone’s day I was all for it. 

Congrates on the sale. We finally have hope of summer weather this weekend. Thanks Rich for the daily. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the Daily report. 🙂

I had a t-shirt that said, "Gravity: It isn't just a good idea, it's the law!" 😄

Edited by dobiemom

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Thanks for the update. I might have chicken BBQ from a fire company fundraiser later today. Another fire company does a charcoal steak dinner fundraiser. They are both drive thru only this year. Actually, I’ll probably do both 

Not my fire department but thank you for your support and Bon Apetit.

Roy

Good morning, and thank you, Rich for the Daily report.    I wonder why Rotterdam is going to Columbo - maybe some Sri Lankans on board?  

A neighbourhood recycling depot is open today for a few hours, so we are going to take a car-load of styrofoam and other plastics over there.  It hasn't been available for a few months!  So we are very happy that it is back.  

And I have an appointment to have my hair cut - June 9.  DD has given me a bit of a trim, but I really need to have it done professionally.  Evidently there will be an additional $5 fee for PPE!  And I was given all the instructions for my arrival - wait outside, use hand sanitizer, wear mask, etc.

Just now, Vict0riann said:

And I have an appointment to have my hair cut - June 9.  DD has given me a bit of a trim, but I really need to have it done professionally.  Evidently there will be an additional $5 fee for PPE!  And I was given all the instructions for my arrival - wait outside, use hand sanitizer, wear mask, etc.

Yay on the hair appointment Anne. 😄

We both have one for this week.  The precautions are very serious too.  

I was going to wait a week but sadly I postponed my last hair appointment as I felt “under the weather” and under guidelines, I stayed home.  And then the shutdown so it’s been a good couple of months or so  since my hair has seen my Hairdresser.

Well, with it longer now, if we have the fortune to cruise again, you use might see me with a different style if my hairdresser says it will work.  LOL