Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Some theory 🙄 It's got nothing to do with Riley 's technical skills and that his girlfriend also works on the ship . ?

Im not saying he is not talented. However, there are many other people that can fill the lighting tech and casino roles. Again, from their 100,000 member workforce, their top two employee bloggers just happened to get offered jobs on first and second ship to return. Just saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Again, from their 100,000 member workforce, their top two employee bloggers just happened to get offered jobs on first and second ship to return. Just saying.

Reily has had one Youtube upload since he started working again and had none in the 3 months before that. I think you might be reading a bit too much into the situation, oh and existing qualified Q class techs might not be so easy to come by.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So what is being insinuated is the following:

 

At a time when cruise line PR is badly needed if the industry is to survive, employees who have a significant positive impact on the line's public image are identified as high-value employees and prioritized for opportunities.

 

So, to me, this sounds like the rare case of a business actually recognizing the worth of a low-level worker and rewarding that person for exceptional achievement. By continuing to employ this person.

 

No, it's not a coincidence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Reily has had one Youtube upload since he started working again and had none in the 3 months before that. I think you might be reading a bit too much into the situation, oh and existing qualified Q class techs might not be so easy to come by.

Yeah, maybe they should have sent Chris on the first one, lol. What’s different about Q class? Couldn’t any skilled lighting tech cover or is that just my lack of knowledge?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

What’s different about Q class? Couldn’t any skilled lighting tech cover or is that just my lack of knowledge?

The setup for 270 might take someone a while to understand and manage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The setup for 270 might take someone a while to understand and manage.

Valid point, looking forward to being able to experience that one day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, B Midged said:

Interesting. I hope no employees are able to skip the line just because they work for a cruiseline.  Clearly they are not essential workers   

Just as essential as liquor store or movie theater workers. Some people almost think it would be more beneficial to do super spreaders first before the current list of people to really curb variants from spreading. Either way, it won’t make a hill of difference in two months time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I figured he'd be going to Odyssey, but with the comment that he'll be flying to America RCI must be anticipating being allowed to operate in U.S. waters relatively soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he said that his new assignment is on a ship he has never worked on before. Has he ever worked on Independence? If not, did he leave a huge clue in the last frames of his vlog?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, cured said:

I know he said that his new assignment is on a ship he has never worked on before. Has he ever worked on Independence? If not, did he leave a huge clue in the last frames of his vlog?

Yep.  DH and I had the pleasure of meeting him on Independence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

another crew member which shows the difficulty of just getting to the ship:

Very interesting video showing the logistics of getting crew members to their ships. Can you imagine how many thousands of crew members going through the same thing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Very interesting video showing the logistics of getting crew members to their ships. Can you imagine how many thousands of crew members going through the same thing?

 

Any many don't have as smooth of a process.   It is a lot for them to go through, especially if they are traveling on a first contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:
Just a quick message from me, on the anniversary of cruising being suspended.
 
Striving to make the best cruise content in the world!
 
 

Love your videos, Chris!  Keep them coming!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2021 at 9:54 AM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:
Just a quick message from me, on the anniversary of cruising being suspended.
 
Striving to make the best cruise content in the world!
 

With the latest press release, are you able to confirm or deny that you will be on the Adventure?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2021 at 11:48 AM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

This will be me after Covid! Who wants to join me?

 

 

IMG_9431.JPG

Looks like Labadee? Also regarding your last video. Flights to non US ports are a bit of a drag as they are another significant expense. This is why your main mass market competing brand probably won’t do it. Price point and convenience are their primary advantages. You cater to a slightly more spendy clientele able and willing, at least in smallish numbers, to accept the flight problem. I’m sure you will be successful and I’m sure RCI and others will copy the strategy quickly. However this route is not fully scalable. It will always be a more limited audience than resumption from US Ports.  As for your vaccines, you’ll likely end up with getting the crew vaccinated upon boarding in many cases or as you noted, vaxxed in Florida.

Edited by KmomChicago
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...