Jump to content

Your favorite memory


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, rcixfan5 said:

The first time I stepped on Freedom of the Seas and saw the royal promenade. Ditto the first time I saw it on Oasis.

Two of you have said boarding Freedom of the Seas.  I guess I'm gonna have to go try that ship. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My favorite memory is booking our first cruise and the reaction I got when I gave it to the family, including my parents,  on Christmas day.

 

Cruising has given me many great family memories over the years.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have had lots of really great cruises.  Tough to narrow down to my favorite memory but I guess I am going to have to say it was my very first cruise my Dh and I went on with my parents to bermuda.  As soon as I walked on the ship i felt like christmas morning as a child.  I fell in love with cruising and now understood why my parents were always going on cruises.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Mallefiscent said:

What was it that you liked so much?

first, i retired from the navy. so i spent time on several ships. the one thing that impressed me was how beautiful the ships are. the size of the freedom doesnt come close to aircraft carriers, but if you have never been on any ship, then the size will make you catch your breath. you can watch all the videos you want, but they dont do justice to being on one in person.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Our first cruise with the kids and we were on a beach in St. Kitts and my daughter then 10 yo stating that we should make this “Our usual beach”. Thus our addiction to cruising had begun.

and now we know where your user name comes from. I like it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going out on deck on a clear night and look out at the ocean and up at the sky.  It is so quiet and peaceful.  This is when you really know you are on the ocean.👍

 

 

 

Edited by JohnSpo
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Our first cruise with the kids and we were on a beach in St. Kitts and my daughter then 10 yo stating that we should make this “Our usual beach”. Thus our addiction to cruising had begun.

 

Sounds like a moment to remember forever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jndsilver31 said:

first, i retired from the navy. so i spent time on several ships. the one thing that impressed me was how beautiful the ships are. the size of the freedom doesnt come close to aircraft carriers, but if you have never been on any ship, then the size will make you catch your breath. you can watch all the videos you want, but they dont do justice to being on one in person.

 

I can understand this.  I was blown away by how big our cruise ship was when we went to Alaska.  It really was like a floating city. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JohnSpo said:

Going out on deck on a clear night and look out at the ocean and up at the sky.  It is so quiet and peaceful.  This is when you really know you are on the ocean.👍

 

 

 

 

No city lights to dim the stars.  The relaxing sound of the water.  Ahhh. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mallefiscent said:

What makes a Blue Hawaiian so good?  I have never heard of it.

 

Simply a pina colada with Blue Curacao.     Just yummy and sweet.

My cruising gang is the parents of former University of Delaware Blue Hen football players.
Blue Hes -----> Blue Drinks ------> Tradition

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going through the Panama Canal on the NCL Sun, seeing the path between the seas that I had been hearing and reading about since I was a kid.  Close second was pulling out of San Francisco in the fog reminded me of my father's stories of doing the same, but I was headed to Alaska while his 1944 trip was headed to the Philippines.  I was on a nicer, faster ship, better food. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Going through the Panama Canal on the NCL Sun, seeing the path between the seas that I had been hearing and reading about since I was a kid.  Close second was pulling out of San Francisco in the fog reminded me of my father's stories of doing the same, but I was headed to Alaska while his 1944 trip was headed to the Philippines.  I was on a nicer, faster ship, better food. 

 

I have always thought about cruising through the Panama Canal. Is it really beautiful or is it all concrete and dirty?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Mallefiscent said:

 

I have always thought about cruising through the Panama Canal. Is it really beautiful or is it all concrete and dirty?

There are some nice enough nature scenes, but the deal is to go up the locks, head across the lake and then down the locks on the other side.  It takes a day, ships usually have a historian on board, plenty of fun as NCL also made a video for sale, nice reminder for the trip.  Suez Canal is boring by comparison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Years ago, chipping in for a horse with family, dressing the horse up in costume jewelry, scarfs, etc., and bringing the horse to dinner, shows, etc.  Unfortunately, our horse didn't win the big race, but we had lots of laughs!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have so many wonderful memories, but one that stays with me happened on our first cruise to Alaska in May 2006.  My DH likes to sleep in, so I usually have a small "first breakfast" by myself.  I was sitting on the back deck having a croissant and coffee.  I was surrounded by Alaska's beauty and I can still "feel" the cool morning air.  I remember thinking how lucky I was to be able to experience this.  That cruise was also my first time seeing whales and hearing them breathe.  Just thinking about it brings me a sense of peace.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have lived in FL my whole life and live 15 minutes from one of the best rated beaches in the country.  But that first time I woke up in the Caribbean and saw the water in Grand Cayman and it looked like a giant swimming pool, it was amazing!!!  Love all the water down there and going snorkeling in the Caribbean!!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...