Cruise Critic Community
notentirelynormal

What to do with the grandkids in Seville & Ceuta, Spanish Morrocco Spain

Hi.  We are going to do a cruise with my grandkids.  We have an 11, 13, 14 and 16 YO that I'm sure don't want to spend their whole time looking at ruins the shopping.  Does anyone have ideas of what we can do in these locations?  Can you include a tour company that might do it.  I'm trying to work with Barcelona Day Tours and Spain Day Tours but they gave me the same spiel they give everyone.  I am 100% sure the kids don't want to go so a quaint little town and go shopping for three hours.  I also don't/can't walk for three hours.  I have no clue what to ask for.  Is there anyone that can give me clues?  Barcelona Day Tours came up with a Chocolate Museum.  That was a perfect idea.  I need help.  We are also going to Sardinia, Italy and have no clue who to use or where to go there either.  Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Posted (edited)

I would give them the itinerary and ask them if they have any ideas.  Perhaps give them some choices.  

I have travelled with kids of that age.  They do get tired easily and they have no concept of how much a cruise costs so they have no idea about being grateful.  

My now 27 yr old who went to Paris with us several times, on Med cruises, on  a Baltic cruise and 3 weeks on the E coast of US as a teenager now says she had no idea of the effort it took to put together the itinerary.  She can’t even recall what countries we went to!!  She has since lived in Switzerland for nine months, DC for 3 months and solo travelled for a total of 9 months.  Now she gets the work involved in putting a trip together.  

Now I smile as I recall that the US trip was arranged around securing tickets to see the Redsox.  That was the only thing she asked to do, I think because of some Disney TV prog she watched.  We had to stay up all night in the January to get the tickets.  Then we knew when we had to be in Boston and arranged the dates of the trip.  Four of us went in.  Eldest daughter who was 16 at the time was bored after about 30 minutes.  She and DH went off to do something else!!   Youngest and I loved it.  She purchased one of those foam hands.  That was her motivation for going apparently.  

At the time it has to be about having fun together and still liking each other on the journey home.  

Looking at your itinerary, assuming that it is in the summer, my advice for Sardinia would be to get to the beach.    Barcelona advice would be to get a taxi (you might need 2 for 6 people) to Park Geull  and to get back to the centre to walk along the Ramblas, and consider if they want to see the football ground.  Think about doing the Ho Ho bus routes in some of the ports - they are not as restricted as guided tours.  

Touring in Europe like the rest of the world might be a little different post-Covid so who actually knows if you will make it off the ship!!

Edited by ollienbertsmum
Left info out.