What do you consider 1/2 capacity

iggyc

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Seaman....you can cruise in July....😂

I tried to tell ppl but they were too negative to hear it.  its going to start this summer,  no not NY not Alaska and many other places.  , and just a few ships at first, but it will start. 

4 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

There is a lot of profit. they buy a new ship for e.g. 800 Million USD.This ship is planned for approx. 30 years of operations(thats what i read what the usual plan is). This means that this ship must make a prift of at least 26,6 Million USD each year just to pay itself off. And as the cruise lines don`t pay in one lot but make a financing over several years or even decades there will be for sure some interests to pay for their loans. So this means each ship must make a profit of 27 to 29 million euros each year. And you can be sure that after 30 years this ship has not made 800 million USD but for sure a lot more. Cause the cruise lines would not operate a ship for 30 years with all the efforts just to make a breakeven after 30 years.

Yes, the return on sales might not be astronomic, but it will be somewhere between 5 and 10 %.

To last 30 years there will be huge expenditures for improvements which will be depreciated over the useful lives of the improvements, can run into $100's of millions over 30 years.

16 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

If that is the amount needed to "pay itself off", i.e. pay off the financing, then that money is not "profit". 

I know that. What i meant with "profit" is simply income(cruise fare+on-board spendings) minus the operational costs.