Jump to content

Penthouse Suites near Concierge Lounge noisy?


mafig
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

 

I see the location of the Penthouse Suites (it would be on Enchanted) are "conveniently" located near the Concierge Lounge.

That probably would not be a problem.

However....I see that the Laundermat is also right there.  

Has anyone experienced a noise issue from that on Enchanted's sister ships?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Andrew J. Cat said:

We were right across from the laundromat on Regal last January.  R-614.  It was wonderful!  No noise at all.  Nice and convenient to the concierge lounge.  Balconies are shamefully small, but the cabin was really great.

What does the concierge lounge offer?  We are booked in a window suite for the April TA on the Enchanted.  Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

What does the concierge lounge offer?  We are booked in a window suite for the April TA on the Enchanted.  Thank you.

It has a small buffet of cold items throughout the day.  Also coffee, espresso, teas.  There is a concierge on duty during the day.  It’s nice and quiet, and was rarely used when we were in it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been looking at youtubes of the suites  and also saw a couple of the Concierge Lounge.  It looks nice....no view though.  

I guess they'll have to change some of the buffet parts of it, don't you think?   And the coffee machine?  All those buttons will have to be sanitized regularly also.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish they had a bar set up in the lounge like they do with RCI.  It's so convenient to have all kinds of drinks available especially before dinner.  No noise from laundromats at all IME.
There are Penthouse Suites on all the decks between Emerald and the Riviera Decks so if you don't like the Riviera Deck (which is closest to the Lounge), just choose another deck.  I don't have the square footage on all the PH balconies, but Dolphin and Baja Decks have the biggest out of the ones I do have numbers on.  Some have more of an overhang on the balcony so if that bugs you (like it does us), or if you prefer as much shade as you can get, then make sure you choose the right one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were in a penthouse suite on the Regal in February right across from the Lounge . There is no noise. There is a very heavy door to get in . And an alcove before the entrance. They do serve drinks during happy hour. There is a wonderful concierge who bends over backward to be helpful with reservations, getting you in the first tender, off the ship at the end of the cruise, etc. they serve a lovely continental breakfast , lunch wraps and sandwiches, snacks and cookies and fruit. Don’t know what the future will bring. The penthouse suites are wonderful, great layout, great bathroom with roomy shower, separate toilet room with sink. The balcony is tiny and sometimes we get the Sanctuary but I resent paying for a suite and then paying for the Sanctuary so the next two cruises we have booked aft suites with bigger balconies ( hope we get to go) even though I prefer to be mid ship.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Andrew J. Cat said:

We were right across from the laundromat on Regal last January.  R-614.  It was wonderful!  No noise at all.  Nice and convenient to the concierge lounge.  Balconies are shamefully small, but the cabin was really great.


I agree! We were right across from the lounge on the Royal in R609. LOVED it. No noise at all.❤️ Can’t wait to get back. Booked the same suite next year for a B2B! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had an aft suite on the Royal earlier this year.  The concierge made it all worth it.  The suite was so so, the steward was terrible, the concierge was FANTASTIC!  Go for the suite for that alone, regardless of where it is postitioned!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We sailed on Regal for Christmas 2019 directly across from the concierge lounge. It was great to just cross the hall and enter all times of the day. No noise at all as we did not see many there at any given time. We were mid ship and loved the access to the lounge. In early January, we had a forward suite and it took time to walk from our suite to the lounge, so used it less.

Not to worry! No noise-it is not like an RCC concierge lounge.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We were in a penthouse suite on the Regal in February right across from the Lounge . There is no noise. There is a very heavy door to get in . And an alcove before the entrance. They do serve drinks during happy hour. There is a wonderful concierge who bends over backward to be helpful with reservations, getting you in the first tender, off the ship at the end of the cruise, etc. they serve a lovely continental breakfast , lunch wraps and sandwiches, snacks and cookies and fruit. Don’t know what the future will bring. The penthouse suites are wonderful, great layout, great bathroom with roomy shower, separate toilet room with sink. The balcony is tiny and sometimes we get the Sanctuary but I resent paying for a suite and then paying for the Sanctuary so the next two cruises we have booked aft suites with bigger balconies ( hope we get to go) even though I prefer to be mid ship.

 

Oh!  So you're saying they have a bartender serving alcoholic beverages in the evening?  That'd be great if they do.

The aft-facing Penthouse Suites have much bigger balconies than the midship ones if anyone is looking for more space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you allowed to take items from the lounge back to your suite to enjoy on your balcony?

 

16 hours ago, SDWalt said:

We had an aft suite on the Royal earlier this year.  The concierge made it all worth it.  The suite was so so

 

 

SDWalt,   What made the suite "so so?"

l

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have had a suite across from the lounge on the Regal and didn't find any additional noise.  Actually no one was every in the lounge when we stepped in there so I guess there would be no way there could be additional noise!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, john_galt said:

Concierge Lounge on the Sky. Neither of us were making any noise. 

 

63.jpg.8b01f4298bb7a10fbe667368e1429367.jpg62.jpg.ea5860fab514832557976e377202943c.jpg61.jpg.a332beaa9080ca406e8771c89d867d0b.jpg63a.jpg.23376c735b6c5838b8700e727998dc52.jpg

64.jpg

 

Thanks for sharing your photos.  Brings back wonderful memories of our January 2020 cruise in an aft suite.  Loved the warp around balcony!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

 

Oh!  So you're saying they have a bartender serving alcoholic beverages in the evening?  That'd be great if they do.

The aft-facing Penthouse Suites have much bigger balconies than the midship ones if anyone is looking for more space.

I don’t know about a bartender but every night we would peak in before dinner and the concierge was dressed up pouring drinks to a very  jolly group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’ve been in  one of the Penhouse suites on the Royal and Sky Princess. Except for the narrow balcony, we loved the suites.  Both times are cabin were directly across from the laundry room and concierge lounge.  We never heard any noise and found the location very convenient.  I believe we were in R611 both times.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must of always went at the wrong time.  Was on the Regal last February and never saw alcoholic drinks being served.  The only thing I didn't like about the lounge was not having a window.  Concierge was very helpful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...