Can OBC be carried on to a new booking ?

tartantiara

We have a b/b cruise booked for October. This was booked after our original cruise in October was cancelled last year. As an incentive to re booking and as compensation for the cancellation we were awarded some OBC. If this cruise is subsequently cancelled do we lose the OBC or can it be transferred to another cruise. We have 2 more booked .

Usually that type of OBC can be removed from one cruise and replaced on another.  The other way to maintain it is to make sure you don't cancel a cruise, but simply move the booking number to a new cruise.  Alas, that may not be an option if the cruise is cancelled.  In your case, you'd almost certainly have to make phone calls to make sure the OBC is maintained.  Doing this as soon as you know a booking is going to changge, and before it actually does will give you the best chance of avoiding problems. 

Harris

Denver, CO

33 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Usually that type of OBC can be removed from one cruise and replaced on another.  The other way to maintain it is to make sure you don't cancel a cruise, but simply move the booking number to a new cruise.  Alas, that may not be an option if the cruise is cancelled.  In your case, you'd almost certainly have to make phone calls to make sure the OBC is maintained.  Doing this as soon as you know a booking is going to changge, and before it actually does will give you the best chance of avoiding problems. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Thank you we are still hoping the October cruise will go ahead, maybe nearer the time we can act on it if it looks like it’s not. Just wondered if anyone had this situation before 

We have what X calls "amenity credit" on a July booking now cancelled.  This is OBC given in compensation for something that went wrong, as distinct from OBC as part of a booking perk.  We deal direct with X and our booking agent just lifted the amentity credit from the July booking to our next in October.  If that falls we can simply lift in on again.   But OBC as a perk as part of a booking can't be lifted forward other than as part of the "lift and shift" offer.

It isn't entirely clear from your post if this is amenity credit or a booking perk. Once carries forward - the other does not. If its a deal breaker it might be an idea to reach out to X and confirm.

I have never heard the term “ amenity credit “ but as it was given because our cruise was cancelled I would think this would be it. It is not a deal breaker but I would not like to lose it if we don’t have to , if I think our October cruise will be cancelled I will contact Celebrity and ask about it