Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We also received FCCs for a cruise we cancelled under CWC for July 10, 2020. The expiration date was listed as May 28, 2021. My best guess is that the email is system generated, and they never bothered to update the underlying code that generates it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just got this email from rcl, yea I'm back to getting emails. Cwc Note it now says 12 months from old cruise date, or end of next year. I guess whichever comes first.

 

 

 

 

 

 

20200530_093254963.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 6:20 PM, denamo said:

i was told once I use a FCC, I cannot move from that cruise.  Once it is put into place on a cruise, I'm dedicated to that cruise.  I cannot move it without losing it.  Example: If I choose to cruise in Oct 2021, then decide to change, I'm not allowed.  Incorrect information?  Would I possibly lose any deposit I had put down if it was a NRD?  No RCL special program such as Lift and Shift would be in use.

 

TIA for input.

 

I just spoke with my Royal Vacation Planner (RVP) yesterday about the options available for my Arctic Circle crossing on September 2, which has not yet been cancelled by Royal, and for which I have a $900 non-refundable deposit.  In discussing the various options available, the RVP made it very clear that if I chose the FCC option, I would only be able to apply the FCC once.  In other words, if I applied the FCC to a cruise, and cancelled or moved from that cruise, I would lose the value of the FCC under ordinary circumstances (i.e., if I cancelled or moved the cruise reservation, as opposed to Royal cancelling that cruise).

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, splashsmom said:

I just spoke with my Royal Vacation Planner (RVP) yesterday about the options available for my Arctic Circle crossing on September 2, which has not yet been cancelled by Royal, and for which I have a $900 non-refundable deposit.  In discussing the various options available, the RVP made it very clear that if I chose the FCC option, I would only be able to apply the FCC once.  In other words, if I applied the FCC to a cruise, and cancelled or moved from that cruise, I would lose the value of the FCC under ordinary circumstances (i.e., if I cancelled or moved the cruise reservation, as opposed to Royal cancelling that cruise).

 

Thank you, Splashmom, for verifying what a friend had mentioned to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, splashsmom said:

I just spoke with my Royal Vacation Planner (RVP) yesterday about the options available for my Arctic Circle crossing on September 2, which has not yet been cancelled by Royal, and for which I have a $900 non-refundable deposit.  In discussing the various options available, the RVP made it very clear that if I chose the FCC option, I would only be able to apply the FCC once.  In other words, if I applied the FCC to a cruise, and cancelled or moved from that cruise, I would lose the value of the FCC under ordinary circumstances (i.e., if I cancelled or moved the cruise reservation, as opposed to Royal cancelling that cruise).

Your vacation planer was wrong.  I have had a cruise with FCC applied and it was shifted no problem.  Even the FAQ’s cover this situation.

 

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their existing cruise and now wishes to cancel under “Cruise with Confidence” terms?

If a Future Cruise Credit was leveraged to pay for either all or a portion of the existing reservation, upon cancelling, the original FCC will be reissued at 100% of the amount redeemed on the cancelled reservation. The expiration date of the reissued FCC will reflect that of the original certificate or will be set 12-months from the cancellation date, whichever is further out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your vacation planer was wrong.  I have had a cruise with FCC applied and it was shifted no problem.  Even the FAQ’s cover this situation.

 

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their existing cruise and now wishes to cancel under “Cruise with Confidence” terms?

If a Future Cruise Credit was leveraged to pay for either all or a portion of the existing reservation, upon cancelling, the original FCC will be reissued at 100% of the amount redeemed on the cancelled reservation. The expiration date of the reissued FCC will reflect that of the original certificate or will be set 12-months from the cancellation date, whichever is further out.

Should have been more specific.  If I made a reservation with a FCC I received under the CWC program and booked a future cruise, perhaps next May, then I couldn't move or cancel that reservation without losing the FCC if something were to prohibit us from cruising.  In that situation, barring the cruiseline cancelling, then I would lose the FCC if I wanted to move the reservation.   Is this correct?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, denamo said:

Should have been more specific.  If I made a reservation with a FCC I received under the CWC program and booked a future cruise, perhaps next May, then I couldn't move or cancel that reservation without losing the FCC if something were to prohibit us from cruising.  In that situation, barring the cruiseline cancelling, then I would lose the FCC if I wanted to move the reservation.   Is this correct?

 

 

I would still think that because this current reservation was made before Aug 1 it still falls under the CWC which allows you to cancel up to 48 hours in advance. And get a full FCC and the reinstatement of previous FCC.  I don’t know what will happen to reservations made after Aug 1 as the CWC will not apply but I suspect that you are correct.  
 

Booking before Aug 1 offers Two great benefits.  Being able to cancel and get a 100% FCC and getting price drops both of which can happen up to 48 hours prior to the day of sailing. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I received one email today with one of my fcc and it has expiration date of may 28 2021.  I thought they were good thru at least december 2021.  This is a fcc for one of the europe cruises I cancelled 2 weeks ago for baltic cruise this august.  Is this right?

I just got 8 FCC's yesterday for our family of 8 from our cancelled August Harmony cruise. It also has an expiration date of 5/28/2021. I cancelled it under CWC. 

 

I am waiting until early next week to call them. It should have a 12/31/2021 booking expiration date and a 4/30/2022 sailing expiration date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would still think that because this current reservation was made before Aug 1 it still falls under the CWC which allows you to cancel up to 48 hours in advance. And get a full FCC and the reinstatement of previous FCC.  I don’t know what will happen to reservations made after Aug 1 as the CWC will not apply but I suspect that you are correct.  
 

Booking before Aug 1 offers Two great benefits.  Being able to cancel and get a 100% FCC and getting price drops both of which can happen up to 48 hours prior to the day of sailing. 

 

Guess booking now and making sure I have this in writing would be the way to go.  I do like being able to get the price drop after final payment if any were to occur. There is a cruise I am interested in, so might be good to go ahead and book.   Thanks for you input.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I just got this email from rcl, yea I'm back to getting emails. Cwc Note it now says 12 months from old cruise date, or end of next year. I guess whichever comes first.

 

 

 

 

 

 

20200530_093254963.jpeg

 

If you read on a bit it says:

 

 

 As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit is valid through December 31, 2021 or 12 months from your original canceled sail date (whichever is longer) and can be used for any open sailings at the time of booking.

 

So its whichever date is farther out, which has always been the case under CWC. 

 

mac_tlc

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your vacation planer was wrong.  I have had a cruise with FCC applied and it was shifted no problem.  Even the FAQ’s cover this situation.

 

What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their existing cruise and now wishes to cancel under “Cruise with Confidence” terms?

If a Future Cruise Credit was leveraged to pay for either all or a portion of the existing reservation, upon cancelling, the original FCC will be reissued at 100% of the amount redeemed on the cancelled reservation. The expiration date of the reissued FCC will reflect that of the original certificate or will be set 12-months from the cancellation date, whichever is further out.

Thank you so much for your response, Ourusualbeach.  Your advice is always most welcome.  However, as to the FAQ cited above, I did not use a Future Cruise Credit to pay for my Arctic crossing cruise (i.e., existing cruise).  If I had, I would definitely say the above quoted FAQ would apply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, splashsmom said:

Thank you so much for your response, Ourusualbeach.  Your advice is always most welcome.  However, as to the FAQ cited above, I did not use a Future Cruise Credit to pay for my Arctic crossing cruise (i.e., existing cruise).  If I had, I would definitely say the above quoted FAQ would apply.

If you book before Aug 1 then your FCC is covered.  If you book after August 1 I have no5 heard wha5 will happen if you subsequently cancel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

 

If you read on a bit it says:

 

 

 As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit is valid through December 31, 2021 or 12 months from your original canceled sail date (whichever is longer) and can be used for any open sailings at the time of booking.

 

So its whichever date is farther out, which has always been the case under CWC. 

 

mac_tlc

You are right .?. It says whichever date is further out ... they are issuing them for 12 months. 

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, splashsmom said:

I just spoke with my Royal Vacation Planner (RVP) yesterday about the options available for my Arctic Circle crossing on September 2, which has not yet been cancelled by Royal, and for which I have a $900 non-refundable deposit.  In discussing the various options available, the RVP made it very clear that if I chose the FCC option, I would only be able to apply the FCC once.  In other words, if I applied the FCC to a cruise, and cancelled or moved from that cruise, I would lose the value of the FCC under ordinary circumstances (i.e., if I cancelled or moved the cruise reservation, as opposed to Royal cancelling that cruise).

Had a completely different experience. Cancelled an April 4-night  cruise under CWC, and applied the FCC to a September 2020 cruise. Then cancelled the September cruise and was able to move the FCC to a January 2021 cruise.

Edited by orville99
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Had a completely different experience. Cancelled an April 4-night  cruise under CWC, and applied the FCC to a September 2020 cruise. Then cancelled the September cruise and was able to move the FCC to a January 2021 cruise.

Thank you for responding with your experience!  

Do I understand correctly that you cancelled the April cruise, not Royal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, splashsmom said:

Thank you for responding with your experience!  

Do I understand correctly that you cancelled the April cruise, not Royal?

Yes, we had a B2B the end of march and the first week of april, and cancelled them as soon as the CWC announcement came out. Since they were fully paid off, we got FCCs on both of them, and applied the larger of the two to an existing September 7-night cruise. When RCL enhanced the CWC program, we cancelled the September cruise as well. We took the original FCC and reapplied it to a 7-night Harmony cruise at the end of January 2021. We did the move using the online link. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yes, we had a B2B the end of march and the first week of april, and cancelled them as soon as the CWC announcement came out. Since they were fully paid off, we got FCCs on both of them, and applied the larger of the two to an existing September 7-night cruise. When RCL enhanced the CWC program, we cancelled the September cruise as well. We took the original FCC and reapplied it to a 7-night Harmony cruise at the end of January 2021. We did the move using the online link. 

Great to hear!  Usually the Royal Vacation Planners are pretty knowledgeable, but maybe not so much on this topic.  Thanks for the information.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I just got 8 FCC's yesterday for our family of 8 from our cancelled August Harmony cruise. It also has an expiration date of 5/28/2021. I cancelled it under CWC. 

 

I am waiting until early next week to call them. It should have a 12/31/2021 booking expiration date and a 4/30/2022 sailing expiration date.

I called and was told it is valid for 12 months from date issued.  I told her that is Not what the CWC policy states.  She told me that is what her system says and that if I wish to speak with a supervisor I should call back during daytime tomorrow or monday.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I called and was told it is valid for 12 months from date issued.  I told her that is Not what the CWC policy states.  She told me that is what her system says and that if I wish to speak with a supervisor I should call back during daytime tomorrow or monday.

 

You should tell her to refer to the email sent out today by rcl ha. It says 12 months or 12/31/21 whichever is further. She should read rcl emails 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone call yet about this?  Admittedly I was being lazy and hoping that there would be an update via email of a system glitch and that all was fixed, but nothing yet.  Also tweeted RCL and got no response.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, uvadover said:

Anyone call yet about this?  Admittedly I was being lazy and hoping that there would be an update via email of a system glitch and that all was fixed, but nothing yet.  Also tweeted RCL and got no response.  

 

I can answer my own question.  Got a response via Twitter and they indicated it was a glitch that affected a small number of folks.  They corrected my credit and re-issued via email.  The full $250 per person, must be applied by 12/31/21 for a sailing by 4/30/22.  All set.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Ourusualbeach Hi Ken,  My TA is suggesting that I pay off an upcoming cruise early in full so that if it is cancelled, the FCC will be based on the full paid sum and not just the $450 deposit.  And presumably 125% of the full paid sum too?

What do you think?  Final payment is due at the end of July anyway.

Thanks 

Edited by little britain
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, little britain said:

@Ourusualbeach Hi Ken,  My TA is suggesting that I pay off an upcoming cruise early in full so that if it is cancelled, the FCC will be based on the full paid sum and not just the $450 deposit.  And presumably 125% of the full paid sum too?

What do you think?  Final payment is due at the end of July anyway.

Thanks 

That would work.  It’s just a personal choice on whether to tie up that much money to gain 25%.  I’m assuming that dates/itineraries to do a lift and switch don’t work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...