Jump to content

How "old" and tired is Connie?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So Connie didn't go to dry dock, correct.

 

Who sailed Connie in Jan/Feb/March 2020 and how tired/worn was she then?

 

With the revolution suspended-- we are wondering what condition she is in.... we sailed the Infinity in April-May 2019 on a TA and she was showing some wear and hadn't been to dry dock. We are suspecting Connie is in approx the same shape. Thoughts?

 

TYIA

Edited by Fogfog
Link to post
Share on other sites

We sailed on her for our Italy/Dalmatian Coast cruise in November 2019, so not that long ago.  Honestly....we thought she was in very good condition.  Our room was perhaps a bit dated, but in very good shape.  Of course she is not "up to date" like the S-Class ships, but we thought she was not run down.  The crew kept everything very clean, and maintenance was constant.  I suppose if you looked close, some of the furniture may have scratches, but nothing that was unsightly or "ruined" the cruise.  We had an excellent time!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Connie was built in 2002.  I have sailed her 4 cruises and am booked for April 2021.  Sad the revolution had to be put off but as posted her crew has always been outstanding and I hope the virus goes away so I can go to Tampa and sailaway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

The Connie was built in 2002.  I have sailed her 4 cruises and am booked for April 2021.  Sad the revolution had to be put off but as posted her crew has always been outstanding and I hope the virus goes away so I can go to Tampa and sailaway.

She had a refurb in 2013, yes? Or am I confusing ships?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on Constellation for 30 nights in November and December 2019.  It's definitely not in bad condition.  I've been on Summit and Millennium which have undergone the upgrade.  I like the re-vamped decor, especially the cabin updates; and the upgrades to the buffet.  That being said, the Constellation is in good shape, and I'd certainly be happy to cruise on her without the upgrade.

 

Harris

Denver, CO

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

So Connie didn't go to dry dock, correct.

 

Who sailed Connie in Jan/Feb/March 2020 and how tired/worn was she then?

 

With the revolution suspended-- we are wondering what condition she is in.... we sailed the Infinity in April-May 2019 on a TA and she was showing some wear and hadn't been to dry dock. We are suspecting Connie is in approx the same shape. Thoughts?

 

TYIA

We sailed her in 2018 and loved her. We really love the S class ships but took a chance on Constellation because of itinerary. We have her scheduled for May 2021 and are happy she may not be refurbished by then. What I’ve seen of the ships that have undergone updates , not

really happy with what I see. Bottom line I will just be happy to be able to cruise again.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DENIE said:

We sailed on her for our Italy/Dalmatian Coast cruise in November 2019, so not that long ago.  Honestly....we thought she was in very good condition.  Our room was perhaps a bit dated, but in very good shape.  Of course she is not "up to date" like the S-Class ships, but we thought she was not run down.  The crew kept everything very clean, and maintenance was constant.  I suppose if you looked close, some of the furniture may have scratches, but nothing that was unsightly or "ruined" the cruise.  We had an excellent time!

 

We were on the same cruise on Connie in November, 2019, and we had the same basic reaction.  The ship is in very good shape.  We were looking forward to seeing one of the ships after the "Revolution," but we would not shy away from the Connie even though it has not been refurbished.  Having said that, if you are looking for wear and tear, you can see it in the carpets.

 

Tom & Judy

Link to post
Share on other sites

In all of my 55 cruises on Celebrity ships over the years, including all of them except Edge class, I have been on only one cruise where I thought the ship was a little run down - and that was on Century years ago right before they sold her.  Celebrity always keeps all their ships well-maintained.  I would expect some minor wear and tear given the circumstances but would have no hesitation sailing her right now (and hope to do some come January!).

Link to post
Share on other sites

While we have not been on Connie for a few years, we were on the sister ship Summit in April  & December 2018 right before refurb. Then we were again on Summit after refurb in October & December(very fond of PR), didn’t realize how worn down she had become. To us, as those on the Connie have already stated, crew kept everything clean and functional, but very evident that the refurb was needed. 
After refurb on the Summit, theatre was revamped, new carpet everywhere along with new furniture in public areas. Cabins had new beds & bedding and the furniture and storage was redone. Could we have lived with the Summit if it was not refurb - yes!

Trying to decide if we should book this December on the Connie, as we have had three Summit sails already cancelled and still booked for 10/17. M class are smaller, comfortable ships that are “socially comfortable” for us.

 

Hal

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the Constellations's last complete cruise ending in March this year.  The colors could be updated but nothing was really run down and we enjoyed everything about the ship.    I would sail her again in a minute even with no update.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

You may see a little rust on the outside -- HELLO salt water -- but the interior will be just fine.  Love the M-Class ships.  🍷

Link to post
Share on other sites

We also love this class of ship. Connie is the only one we haven't been on. Summit too many times to count. We were on her in January after revolution.   Our Infinity crossing in April was cancelled. I hope they don't sell any of them.

Hi Wine O Ontario Cruiser

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not been on Connie in awhile. I was on Millie before the Revolution sitting in Michael's Club. I went to cross my legs and put my shoe on the corner of the chair seat. I thought oh, that might be something I do at home. I looked at the corner of the chair and the fabric was a little worn as may people had done the same thing. It made me smile. It gave me that warm feeling. We did cruise on the Edge it looked cold to me, not inviting at all. Next June we have Millie booked for Alaska. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fogfog said:

So Connie didn't go to dry dock, correct.

 

Who sailed Connie in Jan/Feb/March 2020 and how tired/worn was she then?

 

With the revolution suspended-- we are wondering what condition she is in.... we sailed the Infinity in April-May 2019 on a TA and she was showing some wear and hadn't been to dry dock. We are suspecting Connie is in approx the same shape. Thoughts?

 

TYIA

 

Similar question and ongoing  thread.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

 

Similar question and ongoing  thread.

 

 

TY

Yes I knew there was a thread speculating about what will happen to the revolution etc. The Celebrity site shows the timeline "broken" and nothing beyond that. Connie was to be coming out of dry dock this week

I wanted to know her condition as of Feb/March.

We sailed Infinity on a TA in April-May 2019 and while she was clean--there were some areas of wear (split carpet on stairs), Split upholstery in theater. Upholstery in lounges was quite saggy...

Wondered how Connie looked/felt when last sailed since she wont be refurbished/rev for sometime.

Shame really to not have a way to take advantage of the "down time" if onboard crew/maintenance staff was well and idle. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, she;s been operating for some time now. Its hard to tell about its condition but its definetly not the best one around. As long as all the safety measure are doing fine I dont see a reason for it to stop operating. Moreover, there are many huge and expensive ships that have been operating for over 10-15 years. As long as they go through the technical anylisis and have all their things checked - they should be alright 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy to hear this review from recent Connie passengers, as we have her booked from Tampa February 2021.  Were on her in January 2012 and she had the iced Martini bar, so she had been recently Solticized.  I didn't know she had another refurb so soon after.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

I have not been on Connie in awhile. I was on Millie before the Revolution sitting in Michael's Club. I went to cross my legs and put my shoe on the corner of the chair seat. I thought oh, that might be something I do at home. I looked at the corner of the chair and the fabric was a little worn as may people had done the same thing. It made me smile. It gave me that warm feeling. We did cruise on the Edge it looked cold to me, not inviting at all. Next June we have Millie booked for Alaska. 

Couldn't disagree more, and we sailed the Edge in August and the Connie in Feb (well, part way to Singapore...). Connie appeared VERY tired to us, but the Edge was exciting! Different strokes I guess....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same concerns over the condition of Connie. I like to cruise on ‘new’ ships that do not show wear and tear- worn carpet, stains on sofas, rust on balcony railings, etc.  I may be fussy about these issues but I have a choice and that is what I choose.  I have read reviews of Connie from her last few cruises using terms like “aging gracefully” and “tired and worn out“. This concerns me and I just want to know what I am buying. I am currently booked for Sept 2021 on Connie. I had assumed she would be revolutionized by then. I am bringing along 3 other cabins of family new to Celebrity and want to give them a good first impression.  We selected the cruise based on itinerary and don’t see other options but will cancel if she is not remodeled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are probably in the minority in not really caring if a ship is showing it’s age. I like to think of it as growing old gracefully just the way we are. A bit rough round the edges but still up to the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I have the same concerns over the condition of Connie. I like to cruise on ‘new’ ships that do not show wear and tear- worn carpet, stains on sofas, rust on balcony railings, etc.  I may be fussy about these issues but I have a choice and that is what I choose.  I have read reviews of Connie from her last few cruises using terms like “aging gracefully” and “tired and worn out“. This concerns me and I just want to know what I am buying. I am currently booked for Sept 2021 on Connie. I had assumed she would be revolutionized by then. I am bringing along 3 other cabins of family new to Celebrity and want to give them a good first impression.  We selected the cruise based on itinerary and don’t see other options but will cancel if she is not remodeled. 

For what you are paying, everything including stateroom furnishings should be up to date and in A1 condition. Would you accept less at home or in a hotel - I don't think so! Even the S class staterooms were showing their age prior to the recent revamp, silhouette staterooms were far from perfect this time last year but its always been an issue with Celebrity. Our first cruise on Millennium 13 years ago disappointed me from a stateroom perspective - stained and worn carpets, ripped drapes, corroded light fittings and tables, rusty balcony, leaking balcony door seal - all the sort of things I would find unacceptable anywhere.

 

Edited by BigAl94
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clojacks said:

Couldn't disagree more, and we sailed the Edge in August and the Connie in Feb (well, part way to Singapore...). Connie appeared VERY tired to us, but the Edge was exciting! Different strokes I guess....

Yes, if we all like the same things it would be a very boring world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We will been the Constellation this November, hopefully, lol.

I guess you can compare a cruise cabin to a hotel room.

It's been used many times over the years, I'm sure that touch ups have been done over the years, as needed.

In my opinion, as long as the cabin has been cleaned between guests you can accept minor wear and tear.

We are not in the cabin enough to notice minor stuff, just a place to shower, change clothes and sleep.

Enjoy your cruise !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...