Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
mina

A sign? Early unrequested flight ticketing

We are booked on the October 6 california coastal from Vancouver.   I doubt it will go and am expecting it to get cancelled.  However, I was on American Airlines today checking some other flights for refunds when I saw that, yesterday, Princess "ticketed" my ezair flights.  Until 45 days out, my flights always show as pending  and you can not make modifications on AAs site.   Wonder why they would ticket these flights five months ahead of time when they are not paid for.  Anyone else see similar on their pending ezair flights?  

Posted (edited)

I'd call either your travel agent or Princess - sounds like these may have been ticketed in error.  It does sometimes happen

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Great pricing to EZAIr with full refund cancellation available?

Posted (edited)

My flights  have been ticketed for February 2021 travel Santiago to San Diego.

Also travel for November 2020 from Shanghai.   Neither trips have been paid in full.

This is not the first time this has happened.

Edited by kiwimum

Good to know.  First time it’s happened for me.  I spoke with a princess rep today for something else and asked.  They are not showing it as paid or ticketed, so it might just be an issue with aa.  The price was good and I can still cancel up to the 45 days out.  All good.  

My flights were with AA codeshares.  Paid a few dollars more for not having to deal with AA.   All flights were Business Class it First  on Japan Airlines, LATAM and BA.  

A flexible fare I had for a now cancelled August cruise is listed on the airline's (United) web site as having been ticketed 118 days in advance.

azbirdmom posted this answer:

I ran into this situation on a past flexible EZAir flight too.  I called to find out about it and the rep spoke to their air department who confirmed the following.  Princess sometimes pays one or both ways of a flight to secure certain types of fares.  They are still flexible and you can change them with no penalty up to the 45 day point.  This has now happened to me twice and I did in fact change one with no problems.

I have had EZair flights paid for in advance including one where I changed the flights.  No problem since EZair allows changes up to 45 days prior.  

17 hours ago, mina said:

We are booked on the October 6 california coastal from Vancouver.   I doubt it will go and am expecting it to get cancelled.  However, I was on American Airlines today checking some other flights for refunds when I saw that, yesterday, Princess "ticketed" my ezair flights.  Until 45 days out, my flights always show as pending  and you can not make modifications on AAs site.   Wonder why they would ticket these flights five months ahead of time when they are not paid for.  Anyone else see similar on their pending ezair flights?  

I had my Aug. transatlantic cancelled weeks ago. It still showed  up with EZ Air, excursions, etc.  I was a bit paranoid about it so I went back online to the booking and removed my flights (mainly so that people who wanted to travel could have the seats) and while there removed my excursions.  After reading your experience, I am sort of glad I did it.

Have you been able to find a 13-digit ticket number on the airline website? It would start with 0 0 1. If you don't see a ticket number it might or might not be issued yet. But having a ticket number is the key to knowing definitively if a ticket has been issued.

I have used EZ Air twice.  In both cases we were able to book our air travel as soon as the air schedules were released.  In both cases Delta had the best schedule/price for our itinerary.  We were able to choose seats on EZ Air.  The seats and booking showed up on the Delta web site even though we had not paid any more than our deposit for the cruise.  We were able to make changes to seating on EZ Air and changes to flights as prices changed.  We never pay more than the original deposit until three days prior to final payment date.  Flights on EZ Air showed up on Delta site also.

13 hours ago, kiwimum said:

My flights were with AA codeshares.  Paid a few dollars more for not having to deal with AA.   All flights were Business Class it First  on Japan Airlines, LATAM and BA.  

Not sure if this will affect your plans but LATAM filed for Chapter 11 on May 26.  

LATAM indicates they will keep flying during the bankruptcy.    Alitalia has been flying for years under bankruptcy.   Not concerned.